State v Bradley Cooper 04-19-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
My company laptop timeout is set by the company I.T. folk and users cannot change the setting. It times out in 14 min. If the lid is closed it forces the user to hit Ctrl Alt Del and enter the password. If the laptop times out because the user stepped away, then the user has to press Ctrl Alt Del and enter the password again. If the system reboots or is off and turned on, then another layer of security has to be dealt with first before getting to the Windows logon. To access the company network from offsite, there is another security layer in addition to the two I mentioned above. Three logons to get to the company network from a home office. Two layers if in the office.

I am a runner and enjoy running in the Lochmere / Cary Parkway / Regency area, but would never run along Holly Springs Road. There is no running area and no sidewalks. Let alone - cars fly up and down that road. I find it quite dangerous and rarely see anyone riding or running along Holly Springs Road. That is not saying that noone does, but I would find it very hard to avoid any sorts of dangerous situations (cars, traffic, etc) on that particular stretch

Now, wouldn't that go for Nancy, as well?

BTW...Speaking of HM...Did she and JP become a permanent "couple"? I've wondered if she is continuing her search for the perfect ????? or if someone was foolish enough to think they'd found "true love."

Have wondered this myself with the irony involved....we can draw our own conclusions. :tears:

Please, don't move to my neighborhood.

I still feel safe, we are still ranked as one of the top safest places to live in the US. I'll stay put as long as my husband and I have a happy marriage. If things change, maybe I'll consider a move. :floorlaugh:

My company laptop timeout is set by the company I.T. folk and users cannot change the setting. It times out in 14 min. If the lid is closed it forces the user to hit Ctrl Alt Del and enter the password. If the laptop times out because the user stepped away, then the user has to press Ctrl Alt Del and enter the password again.

For some reason a poster here can't understand how Brad's would be set the same way...only it timed out in only 10 minutes with no activity.

We are talking about this case, right?
Why would you say I would always assess a negative and self-serving motive to anyone on the defense side?
Just because i personally feel 100% that Cooper is guilty, doesn't mean I don't believe in fair justice for the wrongly accused.

No kidding. I have no doubt, no reasonable doubt what so ever that Brad Cooper murdered his wife. None, nada. What amazes me is the posters here who live in the Cary area and still leave their homes, walk, jog, etc. What with those murdous van-driving, mormons out there on the loose still. :floorlaugh:

I still feel safe, we are still ranked as one of the top safest places to live in the US. I'll stay put as long as my husband and I have a happy marriage. If things change, maybe I'll consider a move. :floorlaugh:

Well wyn, if things turn bad, get the heck out of Cary fast cause you may end up a murder victim too.

Someone needs to explain to me why BC would leave a computer in his home unlocked/unsecure while he has CPD in the foyer waiting for the SW.

It's just that simple.

JTF, I think you are fighting a losing battle. It's gotten to the point where not only do I think some posters must know BC because their support is so unwavering in that they would come up with any excuse as to why it has to be someone else... But also that they are operating 2 or 3 profiles at once. Most of us who have been together since day one have gotten a bit of a thicker skin and have even developed a banter with our posters of opposing viewpoints. I've come to even admire at least one, who though staunch in his initial defense of BC, has shown he can fight for both sides and even change sides but still reason both ways. Those who cannot admit even one other opposing point is solid and almost take it as an attack when you state your reasoning must be put on ignore or they will drive you bonkers.

Are you sure about that? Mine does. If I close the lid, I have to enter a password to get back in. If I don't close the lid, the screen might black out but a move of the mouse will bring it back up if it has been within a certain amount of time. (I honestly don't know what I have it set for.)

Closing the lid doesn't cause my PW to engage on my laptop.

Well wyn, if things turn bad, get the heck out of Cary fast cause you may end up a murder victim too.

Yeah, you can move to my neighborhood. We don't have any of those van-driving, murderous mormons out our way. And if you need one, I can rent you one of my dogs to walk. :floorlaugh: Now, as to the husband issue, keep records, but don't store 'em in your car. I'll put 'em in my safe for you.

:fence:

JTF, I think you are fighting a losing battle. It's gotten to the point where not only do I think some posters must know BC because their support is so unwavering in that they would come up with any excuse as to why it has to be someone else... But also that they are operating 2 or 3 profiles at once. Most of us who have been together since day one have gotten a bit of a thicker skin and have even developed a banter with our posters of opposing viewpoints. I've come to even admire at least one, who though staunch in his initial defense of BC, has shown he can fight for both sides and even change sides but still reason both ways. Those who cannot admit even one other opposing point is solid and almost take it as an attack when you state your reasoning must be put on ignore or they will drive you bonkers.

Have I mentioned that I love the word bonkers? And man....this thread keeps growing. People got their type on in here today.

Closing the lid doesn't cause my PW to engage on my laptop.

Both my laptops (work and personal) go to "sleep mode" when the lid is closed. This usually locks the computer as well. Does your laptop lock at other times on its own? Or only if you lock it?

Dayum, you are right, JF!! 1355 posts?!? Must be a record for us!!!

We are talking about this case, right?
Why would you say I would always assess a negative and self-serving motive to anyone on the defense side?
Just because i personally feel 100% that Cooper is guilty, doesn't mean I don't believe in fair justice for the wrongly accused.

In other words, "Give him a fair trial, then we will hang him".

ETA: A bit of kidding, not a bit like Judge Bean.

good points jmflu.
I let a couple of those posters get under my skin, where I should have just ignored them. Sorry for the display of immaturity I showed by taking their bait.

Totally agree with you, Jmflu. Ignore, best medicine. Brad Cooper didn't have any friends. In real life, he wouldn't have given these people the time of day. People who make excuses for each & every indication of his guilt. Kind of reminds me of that program Prison Wives. I saw Jeffrey MacDonalds wife on TV not too long ago. Seemed like a nice, rational, not bad looking woman. Imagine, spending her life waiting for her prisoner-hubby, baby-killer to get out of prison. Mind-boggling. MOO

They don't like me saying that the PW protection could have been bypassed if someone moved the mouse before it engaged, it hurts the credibility of the CPD pretending they properly secured the laptop as soon as they kicked BC out of the house and then left the laptop powered on for 27 hours.

Do we know if passwords for the computers were given to the CPD by BC and, if so, when?

And Lyle and Eric Menendez have wives too, right?
Scott Peterson probably gets 100's of love letters every month.
Yes, totally mind-boggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member