State v Bradley Cooper 04-19-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I mentioned that I love the word bonkers? And man....this thread keeps growing. People got their type on in here today.

You know what word I love? I love the word wonky, and got really excited when Ward used it as a "technical term" today! ;)

Both my laptops (work and personal) go to "sleep mode" when the lid is closed. This usually locks the computer as well. Does your laptop lock at other times on its own? Or only if you lock it?

It locks if the screensaver comes on.

Dayum, you are right, JF!! 1355 posts?!? Must be a record for us!!!

It is in the NC forum by over 200 posts. There is 1 thread with more views though (it has over 29k). What a long day of arguing.

At this point, BC could probably confess, yet have to convince his own supporters.

It locks if the screensaver comes on.

In windows 7, if you go to control panel -> hardware and sound -> power options -> system settings, there is a radial button option for password protection on wakeup. You also choose on this same page to determine what happens when you close the lid. Mine goes to sleep.

And Lyle and Eric Menendez have wives too, right?
Scott Peterson probably gets 100's of love letters every month.
Yes, totally mind-boggling.

Hell, IIRC the Night Stalker has numerous female followers. Women seem more prone to it then men though, don't they. Was listening tonight to some single mother who has been exchanging love letters with Drew Peterson. And there was a woman who either married or was engaged to John Wayne Gacy. Used to take her children to visit him in prison. Go figure.

At this point, BC could probably confess, yet have to convince his own supporters.

Well after all, what's a poor man to do. Married to such a horrible woman. It's no wonder it took him as long as it did. :maddening::maddening::maddening:

< sarcasm off >

Hell, IIRC the Night Stalker has numerous female followers. Women seem more prone to it then men though, don't they. Was listening tonight to some single mother who has been exchanging love letters with Drew Peterson. And there was a woman who either married or was engaged to John Wayne Gacy. Used to take her children to visit him in prison. Go figure.

I'm a male, and I will say without hesitation that I don't understand the female mind. But I do think there are a few reasons for this:

1. The prisoners often send "heartfelt" love letters that makes the women feel special. He also talks about "feelings", etc.
2. And this one might be bigger....even though he is in prison, she knows exactly where he is and that he is not out running around on her with another woman.
3. When she sees him, she has his undivided attention.

So it's an emotional love affair. The problem is that she doesn't realize that it is all a game to the prisoner. He has nothing better to do.

Remember, there are people out there who also supported the likes of David Westerfield.

:floorlaugh: AND, I might add are still arguing the case....Westerfield case should be reaching its first appeal this summer. Relatives, friends, and late night radio fans...a couple of girlfriends, too...:crazy:

I'm a male, and I will say without hesitation that I don't understand the female mind. But I do think there are a few reasons for this:

1. The prisoners often send "heartfelt" love letters that makes the women feel special. He also talks about "feelings", etc.
2. And this one might be bigger....even though he is in prison, she knows exactly where he is and that he is not out running around on her with another woman.

So it's an emotional love affair. The problem is that she doesn't realize that it is all a game to the prisoner. He has nothing better to do.

No, but he is probably either running to or from another man...

Closing the lid wouldn't have locked it down not as long as it was running.

You cannot possbily know that as a fact. Computers can be set in the power management settings to power off, suspend or do nothing when the lid is closed. Unless you are aware of the power management settings, you don't know what happened when the lid was closed.

If it was set to anything OTHER than "do nothing" it was locked and/or logged off.

Oh yes, I've read and thought through all the psychological reasoning. < shakes head> What really bothers me is women who have children getting caught up in these relationships. If a woman wants to throw away her life on some murderer, fine, go for it. But when one has minor children, children are exposed enough to bad elements in life. Without introducing ones children to scum of the earth. And then I'm reminded of how David Westerfield attempted to blame the kiddie *advertiser censored* on his computer, on his teenage son. What a dad. I need a really good symbol for sheer anger and repugnance. :(

Well after all, what's a poor man to do. Married to such a horrible woman. It's no wonder it took him as long as it did. :maddening::maddening::maddening:

< sarcasm off >

The tone of some has the ring of the middle school anger of those who hate "those popular girls," but secretly want to be one of the crowd...or the disgruntled x-husbands that know the pain poor BC has suffered...ODD...but strangely human... early :bedtime: Enjoy...

Oh yes, I've read and thought through all the psychological reasoning. < shakes head> What really bothers me is women who have children getting caught up in these relationships. If a woman wants to throw away her life on some murderer, fine, go for it. But when one has minor children, children are exposed enough to bad elements in life. Without introducing ones children to scum of the earth. And then I'm reminded of how David Westerfield attempted to blame the kiddie *advertiser censored* on his computer, on his teenage son. What a dad. I need a really good symbol for sheer anger and repugnance. :(

Amen to that.

:floorlaugh: AND, I might add are still arguing the case....Westerfield case should be reaching its first appeal this summer. Relatives, friends, and late night radio fans...a couple of girlfriends, too...:crazy:

Really? Now here is a perfect example of the legal system gone amuck IMO. Why he should be allowed ANY appeals boggles ones mind. In the process of making a deal for Danielle's body when the searchers found her remains. And his attorney argues 'innocence'. I'm shocked no one in prison has hung him by his b@lls yet.

I read a little something about this a while back. I have to admit that it puzzles me too, but the item I read said, or perhaps I should say "indicated" :innocent: that some of these women see the prisoner as a "safe" man. He is locked away, so they can have the advantages of being married to them or have some kind of a relationship, but not actually have to deal with the reality of having them in their lives.

Take the example of a woman who was abused by her father, maybe physically and/or sexually. She can be married to someone who she knows will never be able to touch her. This satisfies some inner need to be appreciated by a male, but not have him close enough to have any relations with in any way.

Of course, I think they should probably invest in some therapy instead, probably better and safer in the long run, who wants to have these creeps know your name, address and whatever personal details you write to them?
(SHUDDER)

"...believe me, Hannibal Lecter is not someone you want inside your head."

Common sense. If I was going to hide something, and premeditated this, I would look at a number of possibilities before making a decision. Brad strikes me as the sort of person that thinks things through, so I'm guessing that Brad - during his premeditated murder - took more than 41 seconds to pick the spot.

I am late coming home from work this evening, but wanted to comment on this. BC had opportunity the whole week to scope out possibilities. If we are to believe he is computer savy, who is to say how many maps, zooms, searches weren't already removed? Maybe he DID take the time to ride around but no place at all suited until the Fiedling Drive presented itself. I am one of those who feels that there is a possibility that he will, at the very least, get another trial on appeals. However, I do think he is guilty and the map was an accidental thing he left behind. Not the one thing an innocent person would leave behind because, well, he is innocent and he just, coincedently searched Fielding Drive.

I am not computer savy at all. Heck half the time, I have to get my 17 year old to help me when I end up somewhere I shouldn't be. So, technically I don't know if its possible that an error or something occurred when he
*thought* he was doing the erasing. Some type of system event that did not complete. Is it possible? Sure, I would imagine so.

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member