State vs Bradley Cooper 4-21-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
We keep hearing about BC's social skills. Everyone is different. Some people are extroverts and some are introverts. Some people prefer to socialize more, while others prefer to keep to themselves. Obviously, BC and NC were polar opposites in that department. He kept things to himself. She told everyone and anyone about their problems. If I was a private person that would irritate me to no end.
It doesn't make anyone better than the other. And keep in mind, we have heard about BC's unlikable social skills mostly from NC's friends. Of course they are going to portray him as controlling, evil, etc. They were HER friends, not HIS. It has even been stated that NC exaggerated the truth at times. Maybe he is not really such a bad guy in general, but only to those who have already formed an opinion about him without really ever getting to know him.

Det D's exact point - it irritated him enough to kill her.

Off Topic: I was so consumed here that I did not see until this morning that Phylicia Barnes (another N.C. resident - missing, now found deceased) was found floating in a river next to a dam. She had gone to Baltimore MD for a visit with half-sisters. She became missing from the half-sister's apartment in late December. She has been missing four months. She was only 16 years old. I hope that justice is swift and strong in this case. So sad!!

Not the tower nearest to where her body was found, nope. The one in Morrisville (or 2) and the other one or 2 in Cary.

I guess I'll have to go back and watch. But I swear I remember them showing a succession of calls within minutes of each other that went to all 3 towers including the one closest to where the body was found.

Off Topic: I was so consumed here that I did not see until this morning that Phylicia Barnes (another N.C. resident - missing, now found deceased) was found floating in a river next to a dam. She had gone to Baltimore MD for a visit with half-sisters. She became missing from the half-sister's apartment in late December. She has been missing four months. She was only 16 years old. I hope that justice is swift and strong in this case. So sad!!

They also found a man's body a few miles away. I read that Phylicia's body didn't have any wounds. I wonder if she and the man were out together and accidentally drowned? So sad but at least now her mother has some closure.

Det D's exact point - it irritated him enough to kill her.

I don't really think that is fair. Afterall, he had been putting up with it for years. She seemed to be more annoyed with him that he with her. As I said, we have only heard this testimony from HER friends.

What if he went missing and murdered? Would NC be in the same situation that BC is in? Afterall, she also had an affair(s); talked about how much she hated him; didn't treat him very nicely, either.

It is in various court documents, including this one:

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/news_briefs/2011/02/17/9132146/coopermotion.PDF

Starting about page 61 is a discussion of NC's extramarital affairs and possible affairs. Number 9 on that list. This section is part of an appendix of documents filed earlier; this part is from April 2010, I believe.

A lot of what is in this document has been crucial to understanding the case so far.

Thanks! Now I finally understand why people are suspicious of and strongly dislike JA. Does anyone think NC may have had some issues with depression or anxiety? Her behavior seems self-destructive.

Didn't we determine that he did not have a lawyer, only made the single intro visit?

And the "good father" behavior appears to have begun after he finally had to admit to his affair and had been looking at sites about losing custody of his children. I believe this was also just after he finished the MBA which had been taking a lot of his time.

It was after NC hired AS that NC ramped up her claims to her friends that BC was abusive and controlling.

My belief is she ramped up the claims because he ramped up his control freakish behavior - taking her off all accounts, demeaning her by following her to gas stations to make sure she didn't spend one penny more, putting her on an allowance, listening in on phone calls. It would stand to reason that her claims might change after his behavior obviously changed. Can you deny that his behavior changed? He didn't always have her excluded from financial means. He didn't always mete out money to her as *he* saw fit. He didn't always follow her to the gas station to make sure what she spent was gas only. He didn't always listen in on her phone calls. He changed his mind on her moving to Canada. So indeed his behavior did change, therefore, her claims came at the same time.

The 11 something am call did ping off the tower near where the body was found.

That's what I thought as well. In it was just a minute or so from her previous call that went to a different tower. I remember mentioning that and someone suggested she was driving, which didn't make sense to me.

Which phone are we talking about, BC or NC?

NC phone. The 11:40 am call which she would have made while she was either on her way to or at the pool in HP neighborhood used the tower near the site the body was found.

I don't really think that is fair. Afterall, he had been putting up with it for years. She seemed to be more annoyed with him that he with her. As I said, we have only heard this testimony from HER friends.

What if he went missing and murdered? Would NC be in the same situation that BC is in? Afterall, she also had an affair(s); talked about how much she hated him; didn't treat him very nicely, either.

Had been "putting up with her for years"? :innocent: "Seemed" is the correct word, she talked because she was an extrovert. Brad may have been seething for years but hid it well because he didn't share with the few friends he had because he was an introvert.

If Brad had turned up murdered I'm sure that Nancy would have been the first suspect. Especially if she had the mountain of CE surrounding her that Brad has surrounding him.

Oh, had it been the other way around, NC would have been arrested the day his body was found. No doubt. She was more focal in her hatred and her desperately wanting to get out of the marriage. Brad was just a little more tech savvy, a little more conniving, a little more controlling, a little more quiet about his hatred. Remember, Brad was the one who stole away in the closet in the dark and went to France to have his affairs. He did a pretty good job of trying to conceal his intentions towards Nancy. That's the very reason I believe he started planning this at the very earliest in April - I'm tending to believe it might have been even as early as February. He's *as everyone says* an engineer - very technical and has to have everything in order. Couldn't be on the fly - had to be planned. So it did take a little longer to arrest him than it would have taken to arrest her. Bottom line is - Nancy didn't have a killer instinct. Brad did.

Those who don't think Brad did it. Who else had all three.....means, motive and opportunity? And be real here.

As stated above, if it was random who knows? I have read these suggested possibilities:

*NC witnessed something illegal going on
*attack/assault, possibly interrupted by someone who remains unaware they were doing so

its not impossible that the bra was still on because it was the hardest thing to remove.

I personally think that if it wasn't BC (yes, BTW I include BC as a possibility even though I am not convinced of his guilt), it was someone else she knew:

*NC met someone at a prearranged place/time, her death was accidental during the dangerous activity and the paramour paniced at the thought of the reprecussions and dumped her (explains state of clothing and earring still on, cause of death, no motive/means/opp explanation necessary)

also suggested by others,

*NC could have been pressuring someone (for $? for something else) and using information that person wished to keep under wraps to do so. (m/m/o)

*NC's planned actions for the future (i.e. I am going to tell so and so something - I am leaving, whatever) may have been significant enough to someone that a fight ensued leading to her death.

These are a few, and which of these theories can be dismissed out of hand due to lack of evidence? in fact, most of these don't require you to have to accept questionable CE, i.e. therefore no need to surmise spoofed calls. Most of these also make for better and more reasonable explanations of CE (i.e. why the earring still on, why the bodt half dressed, why people may have seen her) and account for the fact that no physical evidence against BC exists.

The google map is the one piece of evidence that is not accounted for, but the defense plans to address this and the pros has done/will do everything in its power to keep testimony about its unreliability or intentional manipulation out of testimony. But, what if BC knew when/where(generally) NC was planning to meet someone (via communication intercept) on the morning of 7/12, and he looked up the meeting place out of couriousity?

How reliable is all of the other CE evidence?

cleaning the garage? NC asked him to do it, this has been testified to.

two right shoes on the shelf? According to testimony, there is still a pair of NC shoes missing (Saucony), and the CPD stated they do not 'consider missing' the right partner for the 2 lefts.

spotless trunk? I know a few people with spotless trunks due to lack of use, if something spilled in my trunk - yes, I would clean it and no I would not clean the rest of the car to the same degree at the same time.

BC cellphone/data activity on 7/12? most of it was explained by the Cisco guy (PG) down to the buttons he pressed and the reasons he may have pressed them. The 6:25 data activity? Could have been any number of non-nefarious thing - literally.

BC spying on NC communications? I believe he did, but I don't believe every husband in a bad marriage who does this kills his wife.

BC lying about certain things: taking into account the context and motivation for the lies, he was the #1 suspect from day 1 (actually from hour 5), so he did lie about things that would implicate him.

NC always wearing the necklace: not reasonable to believe to begin with, and then given the "request" for pics of her only with it on + coordinated affidavits + excluding those who won't play (CDitt)...well...

There's more CE I could write similar things about.

When the state's case is not the only way to explain the "buffet" of CE, perhaps not even the most logical way - you are left with either gut instinct, or having to view each piece of CE, no matter how unsupported, no matter how much of a stretch, through the BC guilty lens.

To view the collection of CE as both a clear path to his guilt and or as the only possible explanation = BC guilt is impossible at this point IMO.

I guess I'll have to go back and watch. But I swear I remember them showing a succession of calls within minutes of each other that went to all 3 towers including the one closest to where the body was found.

I remember the ping to the tower closest to where her body was found as well. (To be clear, I'm referring to Nancy's phone, on July 11.) After watching the live stream, I went back and listened to that testimony that night or the day after, and I remember that ping because it made me say, "Hmmmmmm."

I remember the ping to the tower closest to where her body was found as well. (To be clear, I'm referring to Nancy's phone, on July 11.) After watching the live stream, I went back and listened to that testimony that night or the day after, and I remember that ping because it made me say, "Hmmmmmm."

We have the privilage of revisiting testimony. Will the jurors?

I guess, at this point, I am not sure about the google map search. When it was first presented, well..I fell of the fence to BC did it. JW did a really good job the 2nd time he was on the stand though of casting enough doubt for me to wonder how it actually was done and when.

Kelly

The Google Maps search always seemed a little too convenient for me. "He did WHAT? You got to be kidding!" My first thought was to ask if it might have been a weather site using G M, or some such. Then the zooming.

At first, had pretty much dismissed the tampering arguments, not so much because it would be difficult or that far-fetched, but because it would require a higher standard of proof. You better be right if you claim evidence tampering.

As a geek who is also involved with the societal implications of technology, I see this as an important case. In spite of all the "forensic" BS, JW presented just enough evidence to show not just that tampering was possible, but that it almost certainly had happened. A Google expert to tie it all together will finish off completely the last thread of the presecution's case. And the reputation of the CPD and FBI.

NC phone. The 11:40 am call which she would have made while she was either on her way to or at the pool in HP neighborhood used the tower near the site the body was found.

I have in my notes the following:

Nancy's cell phone pinged off the home tower from 5:18 am up to and including the 11:39 am call. After that it does not ping on the home tower until after 15:05
Brad's cell phone pinged at a tower other than the Morrisville tower (one near Cisco) on calls up to and including the 10:49 a.m. call. then it pings on the Morrisville tower (indicating he was near or at Cisco) from 11:32 until 17:48.

I believe the state will have a rebuttal witness that will disprove what JW tried to portray regarding the computer. MOO

Thanks. I need to go back and listen to that testimony. I only got the reporting of it, know how flawed that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DColey