The jury - VERDICT IS IN! GUILTY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no doubt in my mind that God DID show up in a big way. It was exactly as it should have been.

I've no hope for CC's family. Even as a mother, their denial is beyond the pale and tragically pathetic to me. There will be no prayers for them from me. I suppose they have plenty of others who will cover that. I can only hope this Mother's Day will be a day of honest and deep reflection for CC's mother.

I agree, as a Mom and a grandmother my heart broke, where was the love for her 2 grandsons, and the woman that bore them.CC family all seem as horrible as CC.This is not a family of God,IMO their Church is just where they earn their income.God was standing with Sheri, Gavin and Garrett during this trial,the verdict proves it.CC Family tried to use their Church to help CC escape justice, I doubt there is any hope for that family.

New thread to discuss the guilty verdict will be opening soon!

New thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6440635#post6440635"]Guilty verdict discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The other thread was made up of a lot of waiting posts so let's start a new thread about the guilty verdict.

Why do you think the jury deliberated as long as it did?

How do you feel about the guilty verdict?

Do you think they will hand down a death penalty?

Coleman Guilty in 2009 Murders of Wife, Children

"The verdicts on three counts of first-degree murder were returned in court here at 7:40 p.m., after about 15 hours of deliberations over two days.

Coleman reacted with an exasperated expression and looked down. He looked at his notes as the jury was polled, all agreeing with the guilty verdict."

One way to get a verdict - GO SHOPPING. I'm really really happy justice was served today, I want to cry. On the 2 year anniversary, Sheri and the boys have not been forgotten. They were supported, loved, and above all - the criminal that took their lives will never be free again. A hell within itself.

While I don't expect the DP, LWOP is good enough for me.

Sheri, Garett and Gavin this day is for you.

Love and peace,

Mel

I am still all weepy.

So very happy for Sheri, Garett and Gavin, and their true family.

Justice was done. Thank You! I am so grateful the jurors were able to come to a Guilty Verdict on this day - May 5, 2011.

CC family posting on FB how much their hearts hurt and how no family should have to go through something like this. I agree - no family should have to be murdered by by their husband/father.

My husband called me with the verdict on my way home tonight. I can't express how thankful I am for the jury doing the right thing.

Reading through all your comments, I wanted to say one other thing - it's what I was thinking about as I drove home. Wrinkles already touched on it - Chris ruined the life of Sheri's family. He also helped ruin his own family's life. Granted, they created the monster - and continued to feed it for the last 2 years. I have no respect for them - and think they deserve what they got. They have been living off their congregation for years - spending their money like they were millionaires... so caught up in their self-importance that they forgot what serving God was about. They thought God was serving them. Then their "entitled" son murdered his family - and they were sure God would fix it for him. (I have a hard time believing they thought he was innocent.) They spent a ton of their parishioner's money trying to defend Chris - and when they were "investigated" for misuse of funds, I'm guessing they had to pull their own money and whatever money was slid to them under the table, to make sure Chris had the best defense. (Of course, there was no defense to be found!)

Look at what Ron and Connie have left: One son, a murderer, in prison; no grandchildren; one son, Keith, who bilked his ex-wife out of every dime she had, then married his "Tara" 2 weeks later, and then sexted with his murderer brother's girlfriend; their third son who is apparently married and doing fine, but who strangled a deer (and a dog?) and who threatened to kill the Dep Marshall Barlow because he testified to the truth of what happened to Sheri, Gavin and Garrett; a much smaller bank account, and now that his church members have begun to see the truth of the murders, I would think it would continue shrinking; Connie is ill (I thought it was lupus, but someone else said cancer) and I'm sure the stress of the trial and of defending her son to whoever would listen has taken a toll with her illness. 2 years ago, we saw her cleaning out Chris's house and other than a few bandages, she was doing just fine. At trial, her face was swollen (meds?) and she's in a wheelchair. The Coleman's cannot walk with their heads held quite so high now - they aren't fooling as many people as they used to. They've been shown to be what they are and it's not what they're pretending to be.

Karma is a b$#ch! They can thank Chris for being such a good boy.. JMO

ETA - Just had to rant and get this off my chest.

@who knew? ........

It appears to me, from FB postings earlier today - they believed he was innocent and would be home in time for Mother's Day. And you hit the nail on the head about thinking God was serving them. One post from about an hour before the verdict came in stated that they knew God was going to show up today "in a BIG way!"

He sure did - and justice was served.

@who knew? ........

It appears to me, from FB postings earlier today - they believed he was innocent and would be home in time for Mother's Day. And you hit the nail on the head about thinking God was serving them. One post from about an hour before the verdict came in stated that they knew God was going to show up today "in a BIG way!"

He sure did - and justice was served.

I'm glad you joined us BLU - you really added a lot of background! Thanks!

And now, I'm going to bed because I imagine I'll be monitoring in the morning to see whether the jury goes dp or life!

Could someone possibly post a pic of Sheri and the boys? I have recently switched from a PC to a Mac and I can't figure out how to do it!!!

TIA.

Today was a good day for justice. Bless Sheri and her beautiful boys...and may her family find some peace in the verdict.

I couldn't figure out what took the jury so long but I can only assume that they wanted to be thorough and not leave open the possibility the verdict being overturned. The arrogance of this man to think he could get away with murder. I know Sheri and her boys played a big hand in this. I don't think it was a coincidence that the verdict came on this day.
I pray that her family and friends can start to heal.

Some random thoughts about the conviction this early morning.

“We’re in Hawaii being bad.” I think this is how Tara changed Coleman’s life. Chris grew up in a devout family. When he married, his wife took on the faith and embraced the Joyce Meyer Ministry fully...finding her friends there...becoming involved in missions....and in bringing others to the peace she’d found.

One of those “others” was her friend Tara, the divorced strip club waitress, whose life had followed a very different path. Sheri hoped to “convert” Tara to a life of faith and service, but it was Tara that converted Chris to a life of “being bad.” I think Tara was Chris strength to rebel...the threat letters calling Meyer a “hypocrite” were Chris venting at his employer, and the values he’d been raised with, the “goody-two-shoes” wife...everything that kept him, to his mind, caged in. Not free.

Tara was freedom. Sexy texts and videos every day. Hotel room trysts in beautiful places. Do whatever feels good. Please yourself. Pleasure yourself. Take what you want.

Sheri was responsibility. God. Family. Faith. Walk that straight and narrow. “Do unto others”... Sheri was a cage.

And Chris’ job was a cage. It paid far too well to leave and he had security that only long-standing personal ties to the Boss might bring you. He wouldn’t be “special” if he went someplace else.

So, he devised, over months, a plan to beat the system. A way to “be free” and in the morality of Tara’s world, get what he wanted and get rid of what he didn’t. Tara’s creed was “take what you want.” Your best friends husband, his kids’ vacation, ..she taught him well.

Chris would take Tara and the job and slaughter Sheri and the little boys.That’s what felt good.

He’d be Tara’s Bad Boy...masquerading in a well paying Good Boy job. Ha! Ha! How they would sneer at them all. Joyce Meyer, Pastor Daddy, Sheri, her family, people who live by rules and morality...FOOLED YA!

So how’d that work out for you, Chris?

Life in prison is the ultimate cage. But, think of it, if he wants to keep Daddy Pastor sending candy-bar money and preaching about his innocence...he has to spend his prison days as The Good Boy again...”saving Souls”...talking the talk...pretending to be what I think...he most despises. Chris is as unfree a it gets. Forced to mouth words he reviles and profess a faith he fully rejected in the most heinous fashion two years ago.

I hope Coleman lives a long, long life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member