State vs Jason Lynn Young 6-15-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the updates. I've only been able to listen to part of the testimony today. I still amazed by MM from yesterday. Sounded like she and JY are a perfect match, cold , calculating and all about me.

What seriously, REALLY BOTHERED me about MM is: She was SUPPOSED to be Michelle's friend and was also surrounded by Michelle's friends when she flew back for the funeral etc. She showed absolutely NO REMORSE OR REGRET when she mentioned Michelle's name. IF she were my friend, I'd be sad every time I spoke her name. Then in talking about the 'crime' etc., I would be ready to cry and no one would miss that!

Why is she so cold? I do NOT think I'd like her for a friend. Actually, I hope her 'friends' watched her testimony and think about her loyalty and friendship with them! :(

just sayin'
fran

we've heard how michelle's body was positioned laying. when meredith checked on her sister you'd think she would have to kneel down and her hands would touch something (wall, floor, bed, nightstand) for leverage in either kneeling down and/or getting back up. she was quite heavy at the time. regardless i still find it odd there were no fingerprints anywhere in the house

I doubt LE lifted prints from "everywhere " in the house. Most likely this was confined to areas directly included within the murder scene, entrances and exits of the house, Cassidy's room and the upstairs bathrooms. I can't imagine any reason to fingerprint a tv in the living room for example as there was nothing to indicate it had been tampered with.

Does anyone know if LE checked the printer or computer to see what time those EBay printouts were made?

TIA
fran

Siezed a jar of jelly from a juror when trying to re-enter courthouse - reason for delay :D

LOL, jury coming back in. Delay caused by juror buying a jar of jelly during lunch break and screener took it away.

Jelly has been returned to juror.

:D
fran

FYI, for future reference. My forensic chemist daughter said that contrary to what MOST people think, there really IS NOT fingerprints, or complete prints in more cases than do have readable prints.

I was actually surprised as I thought there was almost ALWAYS prints. She said 'Not true.'

JMHO
fran

Finger print lifts from a telephone on Old Wake Forest Road - checking pay phones, phone booths - hmmm.

Wow! 162 people compared to prints in this case.

Def att: Are there others?

Ans: yes

11 cards not identified prints

1. lift 62 front door exterior frame. The home? he's assuming
2. lift 63 ext rear southside door.
3. lift .............two diff lifts interior right side of windshield. 2004 Explorer
4. three lifts from telephone on white forest road...............

Clarify, have value not assoc

5. lift care 114, side of phone booth
6. 115, three diff lifts, payphone receiver.

Clarify, 'of value?' meaning 'unid'd for their purpose.
7 116 phone booth
8 117 phone booth
9 lift off medicine cab unid'd (top of medicine cabinet)
10 security camera first floor stairs (hotel)

FYI, for future reference. My forensic chemist daughter said that contrary to what MOST people think, there really IS NOT fingerprints, or complete prints in more cases than do have readable prints.

I was actually surprised as I thought there was almost ALWAYS prints. She said 'Not true.'

JMHO
fran

Your daughter is correct. I think that the forensic television shows have conditioned us to think to the contrary.

Uh, oh!

The def attorney is trying to discredit the forensics?

Emphacising how the forensic lab was WORKING with the pros. Trading info.

The pros went out and bought a particular shoe because forensics told them what they needed.

I hope he's not going to try to show the forensics is tainted by prejudice towards the pros?

FWIW, my forensic chemist daughter said that's why they've been pushing, in different states and areas, to completely separate the forensics from LE, to make them completely 'independent.' Because when the chemist KNOWS what they're looking for, it kind of is suggestive to their findings. As they say in her business, 'the forensics is only as good as the person interpreting it.'

JMHO
fran

Got to be careful what you say to LE if you are a forensic examiner. LOL

I agree on the beautiful NC accent.

I am going to have to try on some smaller sneakers to see how small I can go. I'm thinking 2 sizes down is doable and not that uncomfortable.

On the NC Wanted tape, JLY's momma seemed so confident that he would get off that I wonder if she knows details about how he pulled it off.

The shoe guy is really good on the stand. He will repeat himself over and over, if needed and without irritation, to make his point.

Hmmmmm.......................wonder what size MM's EX-husband wears?

Could JY have taken a shoe from someone he knows? Or, at a gym?

hmmmm...............

curious,
fran

They haven't yet submitted evidence or testimony about JY's feet yet? Have they?

TIA
fran

We should have a universal rule that witnesses may not chew gum while on the stand.

Sorry, hate to be picky, but this woman should not be chewing gum.

FWIW, for anyone not able to watch, she's the person Jason had the appt with the morning Michelle was found.

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members