State vs Jason Lynn Young 6-15-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't they find the guy who abducted the woman from the PE parking lot? I remember an arrest on that. That was also a horrible one.

Didn't they find the guy who abducted the woman from the PE parking lot? I remember an arrest on that. That was also a horrible one.

Yes but I don't remember many details. I didn't live in the Raleigh area and just knew about it because my brother told me.

New witness analyzing foot prints, by photo. He did this by data base, etc. It was normal for him to do it by photo. Agent Morrow sent him the info.

Looking for series of 'hearts.' He did not immediately recognize the print, ie by brand. He went to data base and nothing close enough. He was FBI and his data base is different than local database.

FBI searches their data base for any LE. Local LE cannot access their data base (FBI). Computer gives him a 'hit list.' Then he has to visually compare the photos. Tedious work.

This wasn't the only case he was working on. So when he didn't find what he was looking for with this case, he set it aside and worked on other cases. Then he got another shoe inquiry, it had a different image and he knew it was the image he'd been working for. Why didn't it come up the first time?
Shoes are coded when they come in (images). Sometimes the way people see objects they differ from others. So it had to do with the way the 'coder' described it. When he saw this totally not related case come in, it was an 'aha!' moment for him. (not exact words!;))

He had someone else review his findings to be sure he was in agreement. After the other agent agreed, he contacted Agent Morrow.

Type of shoe? Hush puppy, Sealy...............

He's going to show exhibits to the jury why he thinks it is what it is.

fran

PS....they're just looking at a photo of the bottom of the hush puppy shoe, Sealy..................showing the jury how he Id'd it. All attorneys and judge by jury, looking at enlarged photo of shoe. fwiw

multiple overlapping prints must be tough to ID, but he seems certain. I like this shoe print analyst. Totally objective.

What seriously, REALLY BOTHERED me about MM is: She was SUPPOSED to be Michelle's friend and was also surrounded by Michelle's friends when she flew back for the funeral etc. She showed absolutely NO REMORSE OR REGRET when she mentioned Michelle's name. IF she were my friend, I'd be sad every time I spoke her name. Then in talking about the 'crime' etc., I would be ready to cry and no one would miss that!

Why is she so cold? I do NOT think I'd like her for a friend. Actually, I hope her 'friends' watched her testimony and think about her loyalty and friendship with them! :(

just sayin'
fran

You are right, say what you will about Nancy Cooper, her friends certainly loved her. And almost all of her friends showed grief at her loss, pain at how she was murdered, etc. MM, well, she was so 'put out' by the press and all.........:maddening:

I agree Zamboni

JLY's mom is probably NOT liking this particular testimony. IIRCC, JY has a pair of shoes like this. I THINK LE has a copy of a receipt for same.

JMHO
fran

PS...ot, WELCOME TO Websleuths Zomboni! :)

The Asst DA holding the poster of the shoe images is trying to keep a straight face, but you can tell from the twinkle in his eye that he is totally delighted.

Thank you for the welcome Fran; I'm probably only here for this one case, but I feel at home already here. Nice folks on this board.

Did JLY have this hush puppy shoe? (I know they didn't find his shoes).

Uh-oh! :eek:

The judge looks concerned looking over that typed document? :confused:

Is the def objecting? Isn't it too late?

Wonder what's up?

fran

Yes....he bought HP Orbital in Cary (had receipt)
The Sealy has the exact same sole as the ones JLY owned....disappeared.

See photo above for sole design

IIRCC, it was ONE of the shoe prints, although LE didn't find the exact shoe with JY, actually, NOT at all....................they found a receipt for such.

I THINK I have the correct case here. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I watch these cases way to often and COULD have the evidence confused. But I don't think so.

JMHO
fran

10 minute break!

Oh, don't they end at 5p.m. Eastern time? I have an appointment at my 2:30.

Hope I don't miss anything.

fran

Capture-5.jpg

SW details on HP shoe and how they traced it to the HP Orbital JLY bought in Cary

Fran:

This judge has gone more than a couple of minutes past 5:00 on at least 2 days (5:20-ish). I've missed a couple of the afternoon sessions, so I don't know if that's the latest he's adjourned.

Is anybody else having problems with channel 11 coverage? I laid down to take a rest, long day yesterday, and now I can't seem to get video back again?

Moral of the DSW story: don't keep warehouse and other membership cards if you're going to commit a murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brisketfeed