IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he is her boyfriend. We don't really know their habits. Maybe it was unusual for her to party without him at night.

Definitely, and it seems like he did go looking for her before he called her parents/the other roommates went to the police.

There's also been speculation that they were broken up and/or fighting that night, but who really knows.

Re: monkey222 point and questions about JW's frat bros. That confronted and punched CR in the fifth floor lobby of Smallwood...

[snipped]

It's shocking that these main players in that night's events hav continued to remain nameless and faceless.

Who says they are main players? The only reason we know any individuals' names is because they were named by attorneys and those who have spoken to the media. LE has never specified a name.

My point was about Casey A. never being referred to as a "kid" at the same age, and no one was more on her parents' dime than she was...living at home all her life, not working, partying like crazy, drinking, dancing etc....kind of like these "kids" in fact...

well, she has a child, and a pretend job for awhile :floorlaugh:

My point was about Casey A. never being referred to as a "kid" at the same age, and no one was more on her parents' dime than she was...living at home all her life, not working, partying like crazy, drinking, dancing etc....kind of like these "kids" in fact...

I see where you're coming from, but I find Casey's situation far different from these "kids". I have no problem calling them kids. 2 of my own are almost 19 and 20. They're still kids. They're college students and I support them. "KID" to me doesn't only mean only student/support/lifestyle, but also intellectually. As I mentioned earlier, the adult brain doesn't fully develop until the 20s...I believe a males, being the later to develop (of course LOL) is around 25. (sorry boys).

Casey was a Single Mom. That forces one to grow up fast (or it should). IMO her parents coddled her, totally different from supporting a college kid. I'd have supported her emotionally, and occasionally financially, and even allowed her to live at home to get on her feet, but supporting her partying, drinking, and dancing? NO WAY. IMO her parents didn't ALLOW her to grow up and accept her responsibilities. There's a difference. When she was first pg, I'd want to protect, help, and support her (just as I assume these boys' parents want to do)....but once that baby came, she should have to have faced the consequences/responsibility of her actions. I feel the same way with these boys - parents may chose to protect/support them (b/c truthfully, they probably ALL believe (or want to) that their son is guilty) but in the end, when the truth comes out, they need to step up and make their son face the consequences/responsibility!

I think that JW did report her missing early. I posted earlier that I would be both flattered and pissed if one of my friends reported me missing after such a short period of time. Hindsight is 20/20, and while to some it looks like he did a good thing by reporting her missing, it also seems like he jumped the gun a little, which in turn, looks suspicious.
The darn thing is, if he'd waited until later, there would still be those who'd suspect he was guilty because he didn't file a report earlier. :loser:

I can't help but wonder if there was someone else (or multiple others, even) at JR's apartment leading up to 4:30. CR's lawyer early on said that CR "was not the last one to see Spierer that morning and three or four others saw her after". MB and JR add up to two. The lawyer could be wrong, though.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/0...ompanion-has-no-memory-last-moments-together/

My recollection is he said at least three, and perhaps four or five. We don't know that he has any basis for anyone other than MB and JR - my impression is that he was taking the position that none of them were involved (implying that there must necessarily be a third person, if not more). It's possible he's referring, however, to a mutual neighbor (KT?).

LS dad gave an interview to WTHR that aired on tonight's 11 PM news. Nothing major, but I took a few notes.

Journalist says of the searches ""noticeably absent - her boyfriend and some of her friends".

Cut to dad saying "I don't know what's going on".

Dad repeated request for people to come forward, journalist mentions there is still no key suspect.

Journalist brings up drugs, dad says "I don't want to comment on specifics".

If you see his quotes which are supposed to be in response to those specific issues, they are pretty general and the way the interview was cut, he wasn't necessarily responding directly tp the voiceover we heard. It's possible that the dad did not mean to say "I don't know what's going on" in relation to the boyfriend not searching.

Re: monkey222 point and questions about JW's frat bros. That confronted and punched CR in the fifth floor lobby of Smallwood...

I am glad to see I am not the only one who has noticed this..we are at 3 weeks into this investigation and as well all know by the end of the first week we knew the first and last names of the main players of the night, including photos and some background on each.. Except for this group of guys who many of us assume to be the remaining POI's that are not yet Id-ed..

It's shocking that these main players in that night's events hav continued to remain nameless and faceless.. Many have high powered defense Attys retainEd yet even they all have been named and placed publicly.. So what gives and what makes these guys any different??

* and yes I know we have seen a couple of them named or supposedly named in comment sections or comments or posts on FB.. But mainstream media has pretty much left their names completely out of any of their article but rather only referring to them as Jesse's frat bros or friends.. Hhmmmmmm

Well, we know ZO has been named by an IDS poster as the POI who punched CR in the face. So fwiw there was a contingent of JW friends who were not happy about LS being with CR, and this may have been a catalyzing event for what happened later in the night/early morning/morning.

The darn thing is, if he'd waited until later, there would still be those who'd suspect he was guilty because he didn't file a report earlier. :loser:

I know! That's why I said hindsight is 20/20. :innocent:

I guess it's impossible to speculate about this without knowing LS's "party" habits, whether they were fighting, how much JW looked for her, etc.

It's my understanding that JW and friends confronted CR and JR on the (day of the) 3rd, probably after not finding LS in her apartment. When the guys she was with the night before say they don't know where she went, and her roommate tells you she never came home, the police seems clearly where you go next.
Do you happen to have a source for this? I'm not challenging you by asking, but I've speculated this is when the "Confrontation" that we've heard about occurred. I cannot quote a source either, but I recall reading two reports that an attorney (I think it was Salzman?) said that the confrontation happened early in the morning, with the same guy later being mentioned as having said it occurred later in the day. However, I have found/read nowhere what the confrontation was about and it sounds as though maybe you have. Thanks.

Well, we know ZO has been named by an IDS poster as the POI who punched CR in the face. So fwiw there was a contingent of JW friends who were not happy about LS being with CR, and this may have been a catalyzing event for what happened later in the night/early morning/morning.

I would tend to think these guys would be out to hurt the guys LS was with, but not her.

Its been reported that LS was a girl that was barely without her phone, which to me would indicate she was a frequent texter. I hope that LE is wise enough to not only look into the calls/texts she did receive, but also who *didn't* text or call her after 4am on 6/3.

If the 415 call to DR looking for her phone is true, you would think she would have called her own phone to listen for it. Before it was known to her friends that she left her phone at Kilroys, you would think those she texted regularly may have tried to get ahold of her.
Very good!If she called DR she must have assumed she left the phone at JR's so she would have called it from JR's phone to see if it rang inside his apt. .I also wonder is JR called LS or one of her friends the next day to make sure she got home okay.

The only "report" we have of the call at 4:15 was from LS was "hearsay" from HT, since HT was not present. This is simply not anything to be considered factual. period.
And the fact that a prominent Bloomington attorney has gone on the record confirming the existence of the call from a totally different friend?

LS dad gave an interview to WTHR that aired on tonight's 11 PM news. Nothing major, but I took a few notes.

Journalist says of the searches ""noticeably absent - her boyfriend and some of her friends".

Cut to dad saying "I don't know what's going on".

Dad repeated request for people to come forward, journalist mentions there is still no key suspect.

Journalist brings up drugs, dad says "I don't want to comment on specifics".

If you see his quotes which are supposed to be in response to those specific issues, they are pretty general and the way the interview was cut, he wasn't necessarily responding directly tp the voiceover we heard. It's possible that the dad did not mean to say "I don't know what's going on" in relation to the boyfriend not searching.
Welcome, Jynkal. Thank you for the update. I particularly appreciate the disclaimer. ;)

:welcome5:

I would tend to think these guys would be out to hurt the guys LS was with, but not her.

Agreed. If they were going to hurt someone, it wouldn't be LS, IMO.
If anything, sounds like they were trying to protect her.

I wonder if there will be other missed calls on her phone as well. Depending on when she noticed her phone was missing, she could have borrowed other people's phone earlier - CR/MB's to make calls to hers to see if anyone answered/found it. Missed calls to her phone could ether point to people trying to get in touch with her OR to people who were with her throughout that time frame (and whose phone she may have borrowed),

The interesting thing is that even if this case is ever solved, we may never know all of these details. Not all evidence is presented at a trial and things that give us a headache now, may never be known.

It's my understanding that JW and friends confronted CR and JR on the (day of the) 3rd, probably after not finding LS in her apartment. When the guys she was with the night before say they don't know where she went, and her roommate tells you she never came home, the police seems clearly where you go next.

I think you definitely go to the police at some point, it just seems like it was kind of early for that. Like she could still roll in from wherever she was.

I was reading tweets from her roommate's (AR) account, and she tweeted about still being drunk at 4:30 the next day (this was a day in May, so nothing to do with the relevant dates here). I can't assume this was LS's behavior, but it might have been.

I wonder if there will be other missed calls on her phone as well. Depending on when she noticed her phone was missing, she could have borrowed other people's phone earlier - CR/MB's to make calls to hers to see if anyone answered/found it. Missed calls to her phone could ether point to people trying to get in touch with her OR to people who were with her throughout that time frame (and whose phone she may have borrowed),

The interesting thing is that even if this case is ever solved, we may never know all of these details. Not all evidence is presented at a trial and things that give us a headache now, may never be known.

At this point I just hope the case is solved, even if we never find out all these details. I think there is a real concern we will never find out anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny