IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also could be June 4, Saturday morning. I think that would make a lot more sense than if he were out there on Friday morning already before she was ever reported missing.

Another report has that as the date. It also seems to line up with the Indy Star article linked above, which too is ambiguous.

Another report has that as the date. It also seems to line up with the Indy Star article linked above, which too is ambiguous.

Well it certainly would be more interesting if on Friday morning CR already knew she was missing, but I don't think that is the case.

I'm thinking the term "memory loss" is a euphemism for alcohol-related blackout in this case. Just think of it as that and his behavior makes more sense. The very next morning could be 11 a.m. or later for all we know.

Alcohol and perhaps drugs. As I said above, I think the "morning" report probably refers to June 4th, but if it does refer to the 3rd, it would be strange as my understanding is that LS was not "discovered" to be missing until sometime after noon (and before 2 or 3?).

HT and BW do on-camera interviews and pose for "portraits" in Gannett newspaper and they want to be left alone? Sorry, gals, that cat's out of the bag.

And it's "Leave ME out of this" not "I". Yes, I am the grammar police. :crazy:

Do they have no right to choose which media sources they talk to, and when?

The sequence of events that happened involving the keys seems to be this:

keys dropped before 3 AM
keys seen by key witness #1 (AA?)
keys moved to railing by witness #2 (friends with #1?)
keys seen on railing by witness #1
keys found (and acted on in some way?) by witness #3 the hairdresser

does anyone have anything different?

I also thought this part about the Smallwood altercation was interesting:

[quote re LS not being part of the altercation]

Huh?

LE has played close to the vest on the altercation other than to say LS was not involved/the target. I believe they want to emphasize that no one sought to harm her in the altercation, but otherwise they don't want to say anything they know about it, including whether she was present. I believe she was - where would she be otherwise? (we know she didn't go to her room) I do believe, however, that what LE has confirmed suggests that the altercation may have involved primarily concern for LS's well-being, whatever the basis.

I don't think it's necessarily old fashioned, but it's hard for me to imagine things going down like they have been reported. If this group was real tight and this new guy wasn't a part of the group, I could see them being angry, but this fight didn't seem to go anywhere. Somebody hit him, fight was over and they parted ways. If LS was drunk, and the fight was over her, I think her friends would have persuaded her to stay. If they were the type of people to fight over her, then I think they'd be the type to finish the job, so to speak. And I would think LE is looking real closely at the amnesia story. Out of everthing I've read or heard, the amnesia is the most mind boggling, IMO.

"Amnesia" is completely consistent with certain drugs he quite possibly was using. And again, drugs might explain why LS ignored her friends or not have had any specific intent to either get away from or be involved with CR - she may not have been in any rational frame of mind at all.

Link is fine I'm sure since it's USA Today. And yes, that IS an interesting quote from a witness to CR's demeanor the next morning. Hardly sounds like a person who had been punched into a memory loss just hours before. This article also questions the severity of the punch since there were no visiable bruises. But since this article came out, I believe we have learned there is videotape of the altercation, so LE surely knows how legit the claim is. Again, if CR is up and awake and questioning his neighbors that very morning about seeing LS hours earlier, then folks already knew something bad had happened, and before she was reported missing at @ 3 pm. However, maybe this 'detective work' was happening on Sat. morning and I missed that. Either way, seems like CR was feeling OK in spite of the punch and the memory loss, AND maybe a bit casual in his queries about a MIA girl who was seen in his company shortly before she disappeared.

I took CR's quote to mean that he had expected LS to spend the night and wondered if the guys had seen her leaving that morning. I obviously could be wrong, but that was my first impression. I don't think he remembered the previous night.

I wasn't very clear... I'm wondering who this guy is? He is an additional person who I haven't heard anything of...yet is quoted in here as having contact with CR that next morning...Questioning if he has "seen" her...

Does anyone know?

I don't want to post anyone's name because I don't think it's okay... so please go to link to end of the article. It mentions a witness that quotes CR the following morning.
I posted this awhile ago and I'm bumping because I didn't see anyone's opinion on it..

I hope it was okay to post link? Bessie?

I find it interesting... What do you make of it?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-06-12-lauren-spierer-missing_n.htm

They are referring to the altercation with CR and JW's fraternity brothers. They have video of the fight. It was Lauren, CR, and a group of the frat brothers.

I believe that "a group of the frat brothers" is incorrect. We have no idea who was present, though they have been described as friends of JW's (which may give credence to "frat brothers" or may not), friends of LS's (which could describe the same group), and perhaps residents of SW. The only individual rumored to be part of the group is, I believe, someone who was kicked out of the frat.

sure they do, but I think the interesting thing in this report is that these friends are coming across as indignant that they are a matter of interest to TG as more than just character witnesses for LS and the rest of them

again, protecting the lifestyle from scrutiny rather than being forthright about events. "Leave HT and I out of this" - well, they're IN it for goodness sake, and have already spoken what they want to say about the case. Now, faced with a different type of question, they choose to hide. What WAS the motivation of putting the story out there originally? Damage control or an honest wish to help the investigation??

LE has played close to the vest on the altercation other than to say LS was not involved/the target. I believe they want to emphasize that no one sought to harm her in the altercation, but otherwise they don't want to say anything they know about it, including whether she was present. I believe she was - where would she be otherwise? (we know she didn't go to her room) I do believe, however, that what LE has confirmed suggests that the altercation may have involved primarily concern for LS's well-being, whatever the basis.

In my opinion of the altercation, CR was showing what has been described as "inappropriate" attention to LS. Now, since LS did go to his apartment after an altercation, I don't think in her mind that attention was "inappropriate," but friends of her boyfriend were offended on the behalf of the boyfriend and confronted CR.

Alcohol and perhaps drugs. As I said above, I think the "morning" report probably refers to June 4th, but if it does refer to the 3rd, it would be strange as my understanding is that LS was not "discovered" to be missing until sometime after noon (and before 2 or 3?).

I think it's the 3rd else they would have been contacted and started asking "have you seen ..." the afternoon/evening of the 3rd.

I wasn't very clear... I'm wondering who this guy is? He is an additional person who I haven't heard anything of...yet is quoted in here as having contact with CR that next morning...Questioning if he has "seen" her...

Does anyone know?
He's just another student who knows CR. He doesn't seem to have been involved at all.

Absolutely! And the media has the right to point out who is talking, to whom they're talking, how much they're talking, when they're talking and when they stop, how long they, talk...etc

How do you know they were men?

Well, women don't usually throw punches, and since it has always been described as a group of people, it is pretty easy to assume that there were multiple males involved.

If LS lives on the first floor of Smallwood, like I have seen mentioned somewhere in passing - why is this happening on the 5th floor, and who all do we think lives the 5th floor? DR perhaps?

In my opinion of the altercation, CR was showing what has been described as "inappropriate" attention to LS. Now, since LS did go to his apartment after an altercation, I don't think in her mind that attention was "inappropriate," but friends of her boyfriend were offended on the behalf of the boyfriend and confronted CR.

You're assuming that she was in a frame of mind to even be able to decide what was appropriate. With a certain amount of impairment, questions of whether consent has been given become irrelevant because one is no longer thinking clearly or at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarrickuk