ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I said yesterday that I wondered if cameras or camcorders would be found. The FBI has the camera but won't say what is on it.

3f72dc50ada88fa607112f06b5e56ee9.JPG

http://boletinextra.com/index.php/p...homber-sospecha-den-desaparicion-di-su-senora

A few things I see here:

1. No visible scratches
2. Baggy eyes. Has not had sufficient sleep.
3. Overweight and not comparable on the attraction scale to Robyn, not to mention being 15 years her elder.
4. Compare this photo with the Bahamas photo. My how he has gone downhill in a short amount of time!

Stein, who serves as a spokesman for the Aruban public prosecutor’s office....Stein said investigators had determined that Giordano did have snorkeling equipment.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...isappearance/2011/08/14/gIQAjXakFJ_story.html

----------------
I knew that from days ago. But one of our sleuths here said from her/his research, GG, was also a scuba diver.

So, IMO, that makes it possible that he could have taken her body to some secluded underwater area and hid it.

Can you explain to me why he's hiding his face? I'm really interested in what you think.

Everytime I read about this case I think about the jawbone that wash up on beach and everyone thought it was Natlee. Make me wonder how many girls did he take to Abura and never return.

Can you explain to me why he's hiding his face? I'm really interested in what you think.

I think he knew there were media outside the courthouse and did not want his face photographed. Why is open to speculation. Possibly embarrassment and not wanting his family (he has 3 sons) and friends/connections to see his face. What do you think?

Possibly he didn't want islanders, vacationers to get a good look at his mug and remember it?

Could be any number of reasons.

Everytime I read about this case I think about the jawbone that wash up on beach and everyone thought it was Natlee. Make me wonder how many girls did he take to Abura and never return.

I could be mistaken, but he seemed to be pretty comfortable in inviting several women/girls to that island. We don't know what his connections were.

BTW, what ever happened to the Kalpoe bros.?

Jumping back in here briefly...just a couple of thoughts.

I think most of the time when women declined to press charges in sex assault cases, it's less out of fear than out of a need to just move on and not have to relive the event(s) over and over in formal proceedings. Obviously (I hope), one is not a "sex offender" until one is convicted of a sex offense. Which generally requires a prosecuting witness (the law does not require that a crime victim be willing to testify, but as noted, there can be a total failure of proof without such a witness, so it amounts to about the same thing). (And yes, I am a lawyer, alas...)

The "16" reference is puzzling. I am intrigued by the golf course idea. Those familiar with the cliffs, does it make sense she could have been near a 16th hole on Aug 1, and how might that play into the various theories?

I believe there are only 2 golf courses on the island, none of which are anywhere near the cliffs...they are located within close distance to the low rise hotels/apartments. Maybe another course was built out near the California Lighthouse, but I have not heard anything about it.

I believe there are only 2 golf courses on the island, none of which are anywhere near the cliffs...they are located within close distance to the low rise hotels/apartments. Maybe another course was built out near the California Lighthouse, but I have not heard anything about it.

OK, so no golf course, near the area where she is said to have disappeared?

Are there any mile markers, beach markers there?

How long is Aruba again?

Also, in regard to the natural bridge, there is still the souvenir shop/concession stand, but those are typically the only employees out there. However, pretty much from morning until late afternoon, there will be tour groups led by guides going in and out the area, to the gold ruins, bridge and pool, so if he was there at, someone would have surely seen him...although these witnesses probably didn't know what they were looking at when they saw him. I think I am still convinced of my intitial belief, that he dumped her in the water near baby beach area, possibly placing her somewhere he felt confident she wouldn't be found, or weighted her down etc...

OK, so no golf course, near the area where she is said to have disappeared?

Are there any mile markers, beach markers there?

How long is Aruba again?

Aruba is roughly 19 miles long by 6 miles wide, or thereabouts (rough estimates)

Also, the course are at the lighthouse, at the opposite end of the island of where she was reported missing...great place to sight see etc..with some cliffs there. However, there is one course that I forgot about near San Nicolaas, which is very near Baby Beach. And I think there is one more course near the low rises/downtown

I think that the FB post about "the 16" is a response to a text or email from someone. Presumably the boyfriend.

I think she's answering a question, but doesn't want him to email or text her anymore in case GG were to see.

Maybe it's a flight number?

What is she talking about? the 16?

I'm wondering if it could be mile-marker 16 on Aruba where she last was with GG?

What is she talking about? the 16?

I'm wondering if it could be mile-marker 16 on Aruba where she last was with GG?

It could be anything, I've already mentioned it could be an address:

How about :

Chef's Table's Restaurant:

http://chefstablesaruba.com/contact/

I don't know, if she was trying to get a message out to RF on her Facebook I suppose she may have only done that if GG was in the loo or some place else, I can't imagine that she would have had the opportunity if she was out playing golf?

Who knows?

According to HLN .... Charges are coming.

Wondering what will they officially charge him with when there is no body, no blood or forensics.

This is exactly the same situation as in 2005 with Natalee's disappearing and Van der Sloot the suspect. But back then the former officials that were in charge used not having a body as a reason for never charging Van der Sloot.

What a stark contrast between then and now with different people in charge.

What will they officially charge him with when there is no body, no blood or forensics.

This is exactly the same situation as in 2005 with Natalee's disappearing and van der Sloot the suspect. But back then the former officials that were in charge used not having a body as a reason for never charging van der Sloot.

That is a very good question. I don't know the answer though. Maybe they have some evidence from the hotel room? I'd like to know what's on that camera.

I read in one of the pieces that the Aruban police covered it to "protect" him. Seems like a fairly "standard procedure" kind of thing...at least in countries where "perp walks" are not popular. I wouldn't make too much of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SweetCandy