Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, that's so true. I can't get my head around it. If the mfh is true, wouldn't she know that someone could come forward with info about that once news came out about a missing little boy who just happens to be her stepson? I mean, her face would be in the news and so would Kaine's, the man she supposedly wanted dead.

Actually, her actions are very typical for a sociopath. I suspect that she believes that she is so smart and invincible that nobody would ever know that the MFH plot existed or suspect that she would be responsible for Kyron's disappearance. She--according to Terri--left Kyron in the care of the school. In her mind, that would focus the responsibility of Kyron on Skyline School, not Terri. I don't believe that Terri in her wildest dreams ever imagined that Kyron's disappearance would receive this much focus and attention.

IMHO....I think Terri was the one having an affair with the landscaper so that she could manipulate him into killing Kaine....

Also, Kaine disputes Desiree's version of events of how their marriage ended. Obviously, both of them see things differently. But I don't think it's entirely fair to accept Desiree's version without giving Kaine's version any merit. The truth is always somewhere in the middle anyway, and it's obvious that they were not communicating well by that point.

I believe that Terri disliked Kyron because he was Desiree's child with Kaine. Kyron was also a focus of Kaine's attention and love.....and money, as his only child for several years. Terri wanted everything for herself. I think she got pregnant to ensure a continued income for herself, and to further bind Kaine to her, and to take something away from Desiree as the mother of Kaine's child. Now Terri also had a baby by Kaine, so Desiree was not that special anymore. Desiree is a beautiful woman, and I think Terri was jealous of her in so many ways.
I believe Terri also saw Kyron as an intruder into her plans, and as competition. I also believe her anger at Kaine stemmed from battles with him about Kyron, and about her drinking. I think she planned to do away with Kaine, and get his life insurance money, his property, and SSI for Kitty. Kyron would go to Desiree, and Terri would be all set until she found a new man. No divorce to cut her out of the money....
When that didn't work, Terri planned to get rid of Kyron because he was an obstacle to her plan of being Kaine's one and only, along with Kitty, who would then be Kaine's only child. Desiree would be out of the picture, and Terri would be queen of the castle.
I don't believe Terri has the capability to feel love, or to understand it. But she does appreciate money and status, and the comfort of having a man to provide financial security. That's what her marriages were all about....she was always financially motivated, not motivated by real love.

BBM

For the most part I completely agree with you.

But in terms of he said/she said about the end of Kaine and Desiree's marriage, I don't think it matters in terms of Desiree's possible meaning behind what she said to reach out to Terri recently. It only matters that Desiree thought he had an affair. If she feels like that's common ground between them, then maybe that's what she's going for. I can even see Kaine and Desiree's differing versions working to persuade Terri that she and Desiree were both wronged by the same man. Something like, Desiree says she doesn't blame Terri for the break up of her marriage, that Kaine lied to both of them, etc.

The only thing that doesn't work for me about the idea that Terri tried to set up a murder for hire for Kaine's money is that there's a very good chance that Terri isn't even the benficiary on whatever life insurance policy Kaine may have. Kyron could very well be the beneficiary. And I'd think his SSI would be split between his children. Maybe he has enough assets that she'd still feel like she was gaining financially by killing him? But again, there's no guarantee that his will would just hand everything over to Terri. These are the kind of details I'd love to know.

If she wanted to eliminate Kyron to have everything of Kaine's for herself and her daughter, why then? I'd think the idea that he was going off soon to spend time with his mother over the summer (someone please correct me if that's wrong, because I'm not sure about that) would remove some of the motivation. Sort of an out of sight, out of mind thing.

The only thing I feel sure of is that Terri had a lot of anger (and that's because of the emails). I can't make sense of killing Kyron as a "logical" crime. Heck, I can't make sense of how it might have happened without any witnesses or evidence. All I'm sure of is the fact that he hasn't been found yet will make legal justice harder to get.

BBM

For the most part I completely agree with you.

But in terms of he said/she said about the end of Kaine and Desiree's marriage, I don't think it matters in terms of Desiree's possible meaning behind what she said to reach out to Terri recently. It only matters that Desiree thought he had an affair. If she feels like that's common ground between them, then maybe that's what she's going for. I can even see Kaine and Desiree's differing versions working to persuade Terri that she and Desiree were both wronged by the same man. Something like, Desiree says she doesn't blame Terri for the break up of her marriage, that Kaine lied to both of them, etc.

The only thing that doesn't work for me about the idea that Terri tried to set up a murder for hire for Kaine's money is that there's a very good chance that Terri isn't even the benficiary on whatever life insurance policy Kaine may have. Kyron could very well be the beneficiary. And I'd think his SSI would be split between his children. Maybe he has enough assets that she'd still feel like she was gaining financially by killing him? But again, there's no guarantee that his will would just hand everything over to Terri. These are the kind of details I'd love to know.

If she wanted to eliminate Kyron to have everything of Kaine's for herself and her daughter, why then? I'd think the idea that he was going off soon to spend time with his mother over the summer (someone please correct me if that's wrong, because I'm not sure about that) would remove some of the motivation. Sort of an out of sight, out of mind thing.

The only thing I feel sure of is that Terri had a lot of anger (and that's because of the emails). I can't make sense of killing Kyron as a "logical" crime. Heck, I can't make sense of how it might have happened without any witnesses or evidence. All I'm sure of is the fact that he hasn't been found yet will make legal justice harder to get.

I agree with a lot of what you say...the motive for a well-in-advance preplanned crime does not make much sense to me, since Kyron was soon to be leaving to spend time with Desiree. And an act of anger would be more likely to have some witnesses, of Terri pulling Kyron out to the truck, or shouting at him to go back into the school if he followed her, something like that. And it is hard to know if the various child witnesses who claim to have seen Kyron alone, or Terri leave, can be believed. In fact, there is so little actual known about that day...hard to believe after more than a year and half...
I also doubt TH would have been a primary beneficiary of much, with Kaine having two minor children...I guess she would have the baby's share or control of it. But to my knowledge, we've never heard of huge insurance policies. Not to mention, not another word about the so-called MFH plot...

Quite a mystery and I can only hope LE is further along than they let on, yet not feeling that they are...JMO

I am so pessimistic about this case. I don't believe Kyron will ever be found. LE has to find his body before they move in on Terri. If by remote chance they do, what can they have on Terri? It's been so long since he's been out there.

I think time is on Terri's side. Don't forget. Terri is the one in control. In time people will forget. Desiree said she doesn't want to wait 30 years. But she might have to. By then, Terri might be able to leave her parent's home and move on herself. Although by then she might be too old to move on the way she always had, with a new man and another child. So in an odd way Desiree gets revenge.

I am so pessimistic about this case. I don't believe Kyron will ever be found. LE has to find his body before they move in on Terri. If by remote chance they do, what can they have on Terri? It's been so long since he's been out there.

I think time is on Terri's side. Don't forget. Terri is the one in control. In time people will forget. Desiree said she doesn't want to wait 30 years. But she might have to. By then, Terri might be able to leave her parent's home and move on herself. Although by then she might be too old to move on the way she always had, with a new man and another child. So in an odd way Desiree gets revenge.

I don't think Terri would have to wait 30 years to move out of her parent's house. I think she could move out of Oregon right now, and live her life without anyone bothering her. Obviously, there's always the chance that someone who has followed the case like us will recognize her, but I can't see Terri walking into some mall outside of OR, and everyone realizing who she is. However, the case is still recent enough that she'll have to take the risk that Kaine and Desiree will make a new appearance on TV, and one of her neighbors will see, and they'll tell everyone, etc.

Actually, her actions are very typical for a sociopath. I suspect that she believes that she is so smart and invincible that nobody would ever know that the MFH plot existed or suspect that she would be responsible for Kyron's disappearance. She--according to Terri--left Kyron in the care of the school. In her mind, that would focus the responsibility of Kyron on Skyline School, not Terri. I don't believe that Terri in her wildest dreams ever imagined that Kyron's disappearance would receive this much focus and attention.

I agree...IMHO also....Terri Moulton Horman is a sociopath.

Terri had a lot of success in manipulating people. I think she felt in control of the landscaper. She was using sex to make him do what she wanted, and apparently that had been a successful tactic for her with the men in her life.

And that's also why she was using it on Michael Cook.

I agree with a lot of what you say...the motive for a well-in-advance preplanned crime does not make much sense to me, since Kyron was soon to be leaving to spend time with Desiree. And an act of anger would be more likely to have some witnesses, of Terri pulling Kyron out to the truck, or shouting at him to go back into the school if he followed her, something like that. And it is hard to know if the various child witnesses who claim to have seen Kyron alone, or Terri leave, can be believed. In fact, there is so little actual known about that day...hard to believe after more than a year and half...
I also doubt TH would have been a primary beneficiary of much, with Kaine having two minor children...I guess she would have the baby's share or control of it. But to my knowledge, we've never heard of huge insurance policies. Not to mention, not another word about the so-called MFH plot...

Quite a mystery and I can only hope LE is further along than they let on, yet not feeling that they are...JMO

Kaine would more than likely be required to have life insurance with Kyron as the beneficiary as required by the court when he divorced Desiree. That would've been in place already. I'd bet he has more coverage since Kiara would need support in the event of his death.
Terri would get the house, his 401K,etc unless he had a will and left her out.
I would guess that she got him to make a will and leave her in good shape if he died. Having Kiara was a way to insure her claim on his financial assets.

Every marriage that Terri had was a step up financially. I don't think that was an accident. She's the one who wanted the expensive house in Skyline because it was a better address. Kaine was someone she used for financial support, but the deal had become very shaky, so she tried to get rid of him before he kicked her out.

Kyron was plan B. Poor little guy.

Michael Cook was plan C.

Lawyering up,mooching off the parents, and keeping quiet is Plan D, and I do not believe she can last forever with that one. It was never really an option for her until everything else fell apart and she had no options left. There will be an unraveling at some point. Or she's making new plans to move on with some other foolish man. I can't see her living the life she's living right now for much longer.

Kaine would more than likely be required to have life insurance with Kyron as the beneficiary as required by the court when he divorced Desiree. That would've been in place already. I'd bet he has more coverage since Kiara would need support in the event of his death.
Terri would get the house, his 401K,etc unless he had a will and left her out.
I would guess that she got him to make a will and leave her in good shape if he died. Having Kiara was a way to insure her claim on his financial assets.

Every marriage that Terri had was a step up financially. I don't think that was an accident. She's the one who wanted the expensive house in Skyline because it was a better address. Kaine was someone she used for financial support, but the deal had become very shaky, so she tried to get rid of him before he kicked her out.

Kyron was plan B. Poor little guy.

Michael Cook was plan C.

Lawyering up,mooching off the parents, and keeping quiet is Plan D, and I do not believe she can last forever with that one. It was never really an option for her until everything else fell apart and she had no options left. There will be an unraveling at some point. Or she's making new plans to move on with some other foolish man. I can't see her living the life she's living right now for much longer.

Great post, and I agree with you. About the life insurance for Kyron--it is not automatically required by the courts in Oregon. However, Desiree could have had it added as a stipulation in the divorce agreement.

I really hope that we hear some new developments in the case soon. Thank you for your post.

By the way, what's happened with Dede Spicher? (what a name...) Haven't heard a peep out of her in a long time. She's as quiet as Terri. Was she her accomplice?

Great post, and I agree with you. About the life insurance for Kyron--it is not automatically required by the courts in Oregon. However, Desiree could have had it added as a stipulation in the divorce agreement.

I really hope that we hear some new developments in the case soon. Thank you for your post.

A good divorce attorney would get that provision put into the decree, and it would then be required by the court. That's what I was so poorly trying to suggest might be the case here.

In my state, it is required in most cases, and must be in an amount sufficient to actually help cover the costs of raising the children, and help fill the financial gap created by the loss of child support. So a $10,000 policy would not suffice, but a $100,000 policy would be acceptable. The parent who has to take out the policy must provide proof of coverage to the other parent on a yearly basis.

For an educated professional like Kaine Horman, I really do believe he must have some kind of life insurance coverage for the sake of his family, which at one time included Terri. I have no doubt that she's no longer a beneficiary of anything at this point....

By the way, what's happened with Dede Spicher? (what a name...) Haven't heard a peep out of her in a long time. She's as quiet as Terri. Was she her accomplice?

Another one, quiet as a church mouse, staying out of sight.

A good divorce attorney would get that provision put into the decree, and it would then be required by the court. That's what I was so poorly trying to suggest might be the case here.

In my state, it is required in most cases, and must be in an amount sufficient to actually help cover the costs of raising the children, and help fill the financial gap created by the loss of child support. So a $10,000 policy would not suffice, but a $100,000 policy would be acceptable. The parent who has to take out the policy must provide proof of coverage to the other parent on a yearly basis.

For an educated professional like Kaine Horman, I really do believe he must have some kind of life insurance coverage for the sake of his family, which at one time included Terri. I have no doubt that she's no longer a beneficiary of anything at this point....

As a full time employee of Intel, I would find it highly likely that he has one as a part of his benefits package.

I am the mother of a now nine year old son. Thank god his father & I have a healthy co-parenting relationship, with no step moms or dads in the mix. If our son, Dash, was missing after his future step mom was the last to lay eyes on him? I would throttle her. You can throw a bunch of s*!t against the wall and see what sticks, but this little boy needs to be found. Has the step mom not been a person of suspicion? Sorry! I have just now begun following this story, again.

I am the mother of a now nine year old son. Thank god his father & I have a healthy co-parenting relationship, with no step moms or dads in the mix. If our son, Dash, was missing after his future step mom was the last to lay eyes on him? I would throttle her. You can throw a bunch of s*!t against the wall and see what sticks, but this little boy needs to be found. Has the step mom not been a person of suspicion? Sorry! I have just now begun following this story, again.

She certainly seems to have been the main person of suspicion, as far as we know, all along, although police have never really named her as such. There has been very little new info in well over a year now, he has been missing about 19 months. She says she left him at school; apparently it cannot be proved she didn't do just that. It is looking pretty hopeless, at least from the outside looking in, after all of this time and so little action.

I know people have said that Kryon was actually inside the school that morning, but I'm still not convinced that he was actually there. Maybe outside in the truck, but people could have assumed that where Terri is there was Kyron, and just think he was there.

I know people have said that Kryon was actually inside the school that morning, but I'm still not convinced that he was actually there. Maybe outside in the truck, but people could have assumed that where Terri is there was Kyron, and just think he was there.

Gail Zimmerman, the PTA president said she saw him, as did three classmates. How do you explain Kyron's photo in front of his exhibit? Also the teacher aide made mention of him being perhaps in the bathroom, so she must have seen him at one time also.

People saw him at the science fair.
He also left his backpack and his jacket in his classroom that morning.

So the stepmom is automatically to blame even though she's the only one who bothered showing up at his science fair, she left him at the school. If she was going to harm him why not do it at home? Or instruct him to walk to somewhere nearby after school to be picked up and kill him there?

So the stepmom is automatically to blame even though she's the only one who bothered showing up at his science fair, she left him at the school. If she was going to harm him why not do it at home? Or instruct him to walk to somewhere nearby after school to be picked up and kill him there?

The stepmom was not automatically to blame for me. And the reason why she was at the science fair, because that is what stay-at-home-mom's do. They are the ones that go to fairs, doctor's appts, grocery stores, etc. Dad's go to work and support the family. Sometimes, there are dad's out there that get to do both, but not always.

The stepmom became the person to blame when she failed the lie detector tests on muliple occasions. She was also the last person to see Kyron - always the best place to start on a missing person case. She also hired a hit-man to kill her husband. She also has a past behavior pattern of maniuplation and control. She also hired a criminal defense attorney and refused to talk to LE when her stories didn't add up. She also gave up her daughter without a fight because she didn't want to talk in a court of law.

Sorry, but this stepmom walks, talks, and is likely the duck in the room. JMHO

The stepmom was not automatically to blame for me. And the reason why she was at the science fair, because that is what stay-at-home-mom's do. They are the ones that go to fairs, doctor's appts, grocery stores, etc. Dad's go to work and support the family. Sometimes, there are dad's out there that get to do both, but not always.

The stepmom became the person to blame when she failed the lie detector tests on muliple occasions. She was also the last person to see Kyron - always the best place to start on a missing person case. She also hired a hit-man to kill her husband. She also has a past behavior pattern of maniuplation and control. She also hired a criminal defense attorney and refused to talk to LE when her stories didn't add up. She also gave up her daughter without a fight because she didn't want to talk in a court of law.

Sorry, but this stepmom walks, talks, and is likely the duck in the room. JMHO

Well...if she did this, I guess they decided not to charge her for it. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members