State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-20-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
A white purse? Didn't Ma Pat realize it was after Labor Day for crying out loud??:what:
Now that's funny!
I was thinking of the androgynous granny doll in the purple track suit. She was sporting a white shoulder bag.

If Jason has any sense, he is perusing this board at night after trial. I wonder if he is going to use any of this information for his testimony (kinda tweak his story to make it fit a little better). I know I would be logging on the second I got home to mama's.

Agree. Frankly, I zoned out during the detective's testimony. He didn't seem to have clear recall on things and was lacking confidence. But if I zoned out, who's to say the jurors would not have also. What I felt was left at the end of the testimony (rightly or wrongly) was that LE somehow screwed up in not requesting and obtaining evidence from every point they should have. I think the pros came back on redirect to clarify but it wasn't strong and forceful.

So yeah, the whereabouts of his clothing and what it means fell flat to me. And I didn't recall Meredith's testimony of what JY was wearing, so they will have to re-state that very clearly.

I can also imagine PY doing a 180 on her prior testimony to the tune of.... "Yes, I realize I said nothing was removed, but we were in shock. I seem to recall now that Jason said he spilled (......blood........ ) on some clothes and I put them in the laundry hamper. I think I may have donated things to Goodwill between then and when the search warrant was executed.... you can imagine we were in such a state. How could you really expect me to remember?' yada yada yada. I would not put it past her. Turning things around to blame them on other parties might be a hereditary trait!

Boodles, I filled in the (pick your substance) part .... Is that okay???
icon10.gif

There was only an 8 X10 photo shown in court (appeared to be a shot down from ceiling). There was a quick glimpse and you could tell the toes were rounded. The shoes found in the vehicle had squared toes.

He was at CB Thursday evening around 9ish

So shortly after he left his house?

IA and people DID say that the murderer deposited her there after hearing Scott's alibi.

Right... and it was just as believable as a random killer carrying out a non-rape, non-theft killing of a pregnant housewife and a child cleaned up and left at the crimescene without her diaper or underpants. Not to mention the non-bloodied steps and downstairs. But... we can add on to that the twig (non-rock) stuck in the hotel door, the lack of key use (non-need), the moved/unplugged cameras, the missing clothes last seen wearing, shoes similar to bloody prints that JY was known to have (pre-donated), the eyewitness (non-eyed), the previous violent (non-quirky) behavior, 'venom' (thanks gritguy) exposed in emails and behavior, odd phone behavior the day after the murder and odd ebay purchase (possibly to have the body found), JY with the means/time/opportunity etc, etc, etc...

So shortly after he left his house?

Yes. He stopped there to eat on his way to the HI.

He apparently had this stop at CB planned ahead of time because he declined to stay at home and eat with SS and MY. SS testified that he told her he was eating at the CB on the way.

ETA: Could have stayed an extra few minutes at home and enjoyed a meal with his family at no cost to his employer and likely to the delight of his wife and kids. But no, he instead chose to eat out, alone, at the expense of his employer.

Other than him saying he went fishing in that area what other evidence did they have? This case is so different, IMO.

They had the receipt. So far, this prosecution has not convinced me. The daycare teachers testimony was compelling but the rest......by 3:30 today I was dozing off. The ummm,,,uhhhh is not how to present your case in chief and one prosecutor telling the other what to ask, loud enough so that it's heard in the court room and the viewers. They sound disorganized, they're all over the place, there is no connecting the dots. They went from daycare, then back to the computer searches (already testified to by another witness), back to the hush puppies and then showing the hotel photos AGAIN.

Not impressed at all. It only takes one.

If Jason has any sense, he is perusing this board at night after trial. I wonder if he is going to use any of this information for his testimony (kinda tweak his story to make it fit a little better). I know I would be logging on the second I got home to mama's.

I wish the prosecution was.

Rounded toe, dark brown HP shoes at CB

Compared to square toe, light brown Kenneth Cole shoes found in SUV

Capture2-1.jpg

They had the receipt. So far, this prosecution has not convinced me. The daycare teachers testimony was compelling but the rest......by 3:30 today I was dozing off. The ummm,,,uhhhh is not how to present your case in chief and one prosecutor telling the other what to ask, loud enough so that it's heard in the court room and the viewers. They sound disorganized, they're all over the place, there is no connecting the dots. They went from daycare, then back to the computer searches (already testified to by another witness), back to the hush puppies and then showing the hotel photos AGAIN.

Not impressed at all. It only takes one.

I wasn't falling asleep at all. I was following and paying close attention to the details. This trial is in the south. They tend to speak slowly and ummmm. I have grown accustomed to the cadence. I don't think they are a bit disorganized. IMO, it is good to mix it up. All that expert testimony day after day would put me to sleep. They can show me hotel photos until the cows come home. Each time I pick up on another detail. Unlike you, I am IMPRESSED. But I will agree it only takes one. We shall see how this plays out.

I'm still waiting for part 2 of Tart's testimony to be posted. :waiting:

They still have time to connect the dots in a concise manner/ending. Hope they do.

Yes. He stopped there to eat on his way to the HI.

He apparently had this stop at CB planned ahead of time because he declined to stay at home and eat with SS and MY. SS testified that he told her he was eating at the CB on the way.

ETA: Could have stayed an extra few minutes at home and enjoyed a meal with his family at no cost to his employer and likely to the delight of his wife and kids. But no, he instead chose to eat out, alone, at the expense of his employer.

Probably needed it for his alibi. I know there are some hardcore CB fans out there, but an alibi would have to be his only reason to not eat with his family - especially his daughter.

It would be extremely ironic if the camera that captured the shoes he was wearing at the CB (which I believe are the HP Orbitals) nailed him.

Just watched some of Spivey from last trial.
They will play 2 videos from CB...one from the entrance/exit and one from the register.
Spivey again will point out the round toe shoes.

He was soft spoken and BH did not emphasize.
Hope they do a better job this time with the missing shoes and missing top.....should be the final 2 nails in his coffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko