State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-20-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
MamaPat lives on Mockingbird Ln in Brevard.

Know who ELSE lives on Mockingbird Lane? (1313 to be exact)

the_munsters.jpg

I wasn't falling asleep at all. I was following and paying close attention to the details. This trial is in the south. They tend to speak slowly and ummmm. I have grown accustomed to the cadence. I don't think they are a bit disorganized. IMO, it is good to mix it up. All that expert testimony day after day would put me to sleep. They can show me hotel photos until the cows come home. Each time I pick up on another detail. Unlike you, I am IMPRESSED. But I will agree it only takes one. We shall see how this plays out.

I hope this jury is taking lots of notes!

Rounded toe, dark brown HP shoes at CB

Compared to square toe, light brown Kenneth Cole shoes found in SUV

Capture2-1.jpg

So the shoes that JY is wearing in the photo below are the same as the ones he was wearing in the CB video?. Sorry but I'm not as up to speed on this case as many of you are. I am trying to learn as much as I can though. :)

fasco7.jpg

Cammy
Spivey said he drove from Hillsville to Raleigh in 2 1/2 hours....after midnight

It is really ashamed they didn't make the Orbital prototype in the true brown color.
Stupid oversight.

Spivey also pointed to the round toe in that HI video....yep, same Orbital shoe.
(you can really see the round toe on his left raised foot)

It is really ashamed they didn't make the Orbital prototype in the true brown color.
Stupid oversight.

Spivey also pointed to the round toe in that HI video....yep, same Orbital shoe.

I have thought so much that the HP shoes would be the best piece of evidence to link JY to crime scene and I still do. BUT I am still confused as to what dress shoe he wore back to Raleigh. Both MF and PY said he had on dress shoes.We learned during DT cross today that LE never collected what he wore back to Raleigh. Could they have been the shoes he had on in the CB video?????

I have thought so much that the HP shoes would be the best piece of evidence to link JY to crime scene and I still do. BUT I am still confused as to what dress shoe he wore back to Raleigh. Both MF and PY said he had on dress shoes.We learned during DT cross today that LE never collected what he wore back to Raleigh. Could they have been the shoes he had on in the CB video?????

GJ, I assume those dress shoes were also worn to the funeral?
The CB shoes appear to be casual, round toe slip-ons. Personally, I would not wear them with a business suit.
Guess we will never know for sure because lE never had a chance to see him at MF's to verify.

I'm confused about the sequence of the shoes. I had thought the new Franklins were in his car and he changed right before he went in the house. That could be one reason there were no fibers. Then he got the HPs out of his closet but stepped in the blood when CY came in.

But if he had the HPs on at the CB then he must have worn them in the house, so where did the Franklins come from? The only way I can make this scenario work is if JY wore the HPs in the house thinking no blood. He had the Franklins to make prints outside the house to make it look like someone broke in, but after getting blood on the HPs he had to do the same with the Franklins. ?????

I'm confused about the sequence of the shoes. I had thought the new Franklins were in his car and he changed right before he went in the house. That could be one reason there were no fibers. Then he got the HPs out of his closet but stepped in the blood when CY came in.

But if he had the HPs on at the CB then he must have worn them in the house, so where did the Franklins come from? The only way I can make this scenario work is if JY wore the HPs in the house thinking no blood. He had the Franklins to make prints outside the house to make it look like someone broke in, but after getting blood on the HPs he had to do the same with the Franklins. ?????

Interesting thought.
I feel sure he planned to stage the scene to appear an obvious break-in, but was totally sidetracked with the blood and CY.

The blood may have prompted him to bring them in to show small prints in blood.
Unlike the faint HP prints, the size 10 were heel to toe, so it appears they were made intentionally

GJ, I assume those dress shoes were also worn to the funeral?
The CB shoes appear to be casual, round toe slip-ons. Personally, I would not wear them with a business suit.
Guess we will never know for sure because lE never had a chance to see him at MF's to verify.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/9765920/#/vid9765920

Ok I found this from first trial JY testimony day 11 part 3:at about the 51:29 mark
Dt asks if he bought shoes the day of NTO and why? JY claims because he couldn't get into his house to get a nice pair of shoes friends tried lending hime clothes and shoes for the funeral but none of those would work so he bought a new pair. So he was never asked to explain what happened to the dress shoes and why weren't they good enough to wear to funeral.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/9765920/#/vid9765920

Ok I found this from first trial JY testimony day 11 part 3:at about the 51:29 mark
Dt asks if he bought shoes the day of NTO and why? JY claims because he couldn't get into his house to get a nice pair of shoes friends tried lending hime clothes and shoes for the funeral but none of those would work so he bought a new pair. So he was never asked to explain what happened to the dress shoes and why weren't they good enough to wear to funeral.

I can't see him wearing brown Clark casual shoes with this black suit :waitasec:

Keep in mind, just because Jay said it, doesn't mean it was the truth. He lied often on the stand.

He just needed a good excuse for buying shoes when he did..

10282511-220x165.jpg

...If he takes the stand again, that will be a great question...what happened to your dress shoes you wore Friday and why were they not good enough for the funeral?
Show he lied about the reason he bought the brown causal shoes.

...If he takes the stand again, that will be a great question...what happened to your dress shoes you wore Friday and why were they not good enough for the funeral?
Show he lied about the reason he bought the brown causal shoes.

Yes!!!! That is exactly what I have been thinking!!!!!!

He wore a black suit to the funeral. I don't care what brand, but brown shoes with a black suit would have looked ridiculous.

So what did he have on his feet at the funeral?

And which shoes was he wearing to his appointments on that Fri?

From what I can determine he had 2 pairs of brown colored shoes found in his SUV: The beat up brown slip ons and those brown boot type shoes that were photographed in the back of the SUV. And then whatever shoes were on his feet when he walked into MF's house to hide in the back bedroom with his daughter.

I can't see him wearing brown Clark casual shoes with this black suit :waitasec:

Keep in mind, just because Jay said it, doesn't mean it was the truth. He lied often on the stand.

He just needed a good excuse for buying shoes when he did..

10282511-220x165.jpg
Why not? His family certainly was not overdressed for the funeral.
Were the new shoes black? They looked brown to me. Or are you saying he wore an old pair of black dress shoes? And changed it up for the NTO? A similar pair of shoes to the HPs?

Stupid oversight.

Did LE know about his shoes being brown at the time they requested a pair be made for their comparison to the prints? For some reason I was thinking they found about his shoes from DSW after they found out about the HP shoe soles and ordered a shoe.

Why not? His family certainly was not overdressed for the funeral.
Were the new shoes black? They looked brown to me. Or are you saying he wore an old pair of black dress shoes? And changed it up for the NTO? A similar pair of shoes to the HPs?

Good grief citygirl

These are the shoes he bought before the funeral....said he needed for funeral cause he had no other shoes.:waitasec:
Betcha he had on (for funeral) the same ones he wore on his trip Friday

187059-State_Exhibit_5-3-640x428.jpg

Looks like the trial is winding down.

Witnesses left to testify (from last trial)

1- Thomas Riha, Hush Puppies shoes
2- Jason Fitzgerald - friend of jay
3- Michael Schilawski, Family Law attorney
4- Sgt. Richard Coleman Spivey, WCSO lead

Possible additions?

1- WD attorney for LF
2- Fiona - attorney and friend of MY that drew will and discussed life insurance
3- Witness to introduce the video of JLY's prior testimony
4- Lady from TC Hospital (Jay popped in Friday PM)

The defense witnesses were all in 1 day....then JLY

Good grief citygirl

These are the shoes he bought before the funeral....said he needed for funeral cause he had no other shoes.:waitasec:
Betcha he had on (for funeral) the same ones he wore on his trip Friday

187059-State_Exhibit_5-3-640x428.jpg
What do you mean good grief?
You said he wore a black suit and would not be caught dead wearing brown shoes! Ergo, I assumed you meant he wore his dress shoes from his appointment and bought brown shoes for the NTO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb