New developments in unsolved Jennings murders

Hi Jan. Welcome to Websleuths! I sent you a PM. Let me know if you didn't get it. Something is wrong with my computer.....

Hi Jan. Welcome to Websleuths! I sent you a PM. Let me know if you didn't get it. Something is wrong with my computer.....

Yes, I received it and thank you so much for your reply. Looking forward to talking with you about this case.

I have never heard before a profile of a killer or anyone for that matter .A profile with only 6 years in the age range Does anyone else find that strange Its usually like at least 10 yrs or more But 6 between the ages of 28 to 34 wow that almost sounds to me like they were trying to almost give you someone or a group of people specifically almost as if they had someone or a few people in mind when they released the profile.

Hey guys,

Tomorrow night (2/29) at 9:00pm CST there will be an episode on this case on "Dark Minds" on Investigation Discovery channel. The episode name is "Brutal Bayou".

Here's a link to the episode description and the airtimes:
Click Here

Thanks for the heads up, geauxgirl. Would love to know what you and others who are familiar with this case, thought of the show.

I've been following this case for years and would also like to hear comments about the documentary.

Some good news, maybe. An article just posted in the Jennings Daily News says the paper has confirmed a search warrant was executed at a Spencer Street residence Monday night in connection with the murder of Laconia "Muggy" Brown.

http://www.jenningsdailynews.net/news.php?id=8371

Wow interesting development, Bessie. Hopefully something will become of this.

I haven't watched the show yet. I started it last night but promptly fell asleep. They did speak with the private investigator and he brought the cameras to the "party house". He also showed Necole's surveillence video. That's as far as I got. I will watch the rest this weekend though!

I missed a good bit of it, myself, Geauxgirl. I'll catch the rest tomorrow night. Right now I'm waiting to hear more about the Spencer St search. Interesting timing, and hardly a coincidence, IMO. The question is, will anything come of it? Or was it a move by the sheriff and mayor to save face in anticipation of the potential national media attention resulting from the television program set to air a couple days later? We'll see.

I'm not sure why, but I am thinking it may be the latter. :banghead:

I just joined the forum to comment on this topic. After reading all of your posts, I had to register to chime in on something. I talked to several people who live in or have lived in Jennings or the surrounding areas about this subject. The consensus amongst all of them is that Jennings police are corrupt and Frankie is the serial killer. So if everyone in Jennings knows that Frankie killed all or at least most of these women and the police dept is in on the coverup, why doesn't the FBI have jurisdiction and takeover the entire case and get to the bottom of this? Am I missing something here? What does it take to get a conviction?

I read somewhere that Frankie Richard is now, deceased. Does anyone know if that info is correct? TIA!

I am 99.99% sure that he is still alive and still getting away with everything that he was before. Louisiana Saint posted a great video on you tube. More people need to watch it and realize what is at stake with this case. Beside the lives of 8 (or probably) more women, numerous crimes involving rape, drugs and law enforcement coverup. In my opinion, this case hasn't gotten half the attention that the Derrick Todd Lee case did. It's sad but true.

Hoping BSL's case spurs some renewed interest in these murders.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...sey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

Lavergne was incarcerated from February 2000 to August 2008, meaning he could not have committed the murders of Loretta Lynn Chaisson, Ernestine Daniels Patterson, Kristen Gary Lopez, Whitnei Charlene Dubois or LaConia "Muggy" Brown.

The other Jennings murders — Crystal Shay Zeno, Brittney Ann Gary and Necole Guillory — all happened between September 2008 and August 2009, after Lavergne was released from jail.

Former Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff Ricky Edwards said Lavergne "has been looked at" during the investigation of those murders.
<snip> We don't rule out anybody until we find the right person.

WoW! I just got finished reading this whole thread. I grew up around there...and I had never heard of this before.

Just to quote something Jan244 said in post #640
SHORT TERM INVESTIGATIVE CONSIDERATIONS

Detectives should interview people from companies located in or near the geographical profile predicted area. Inquires should be made to determine what type of service supplies or services would require a person to visit their company at least twice a month but only once a year. Using this acquired information investigators should obtain the names of the persons making the visits to determine if they were in Jennings on the dates any of the murders.

What if the killer works in maintenance of fast food equipment? What if he comes in the area every so often to preform duties on equipment?

These women need justice.

Where's the killer? He or she (or they) must either be dead, incarcerated or has moved (or has killed all of his intended victims and they were targeted for a specific reason, such as some type of knowledge about something he didn't llike them knowing).

He didn't one day reform and stop killing. Psychopathic serial killers don't.

Also, not sure why I don't know this- but do we know if any/all of the victims were sexually assaulted? If not, that gives me a better idea of motive, killer's gender, etc.

I've just caught up on this thread. I'd heard a bit about it when BSL was cleared of these murders, but I'm just now getting to read this thread. I agree with everything Louisiana Saint posted about Jennings. There are a lot of places in South LA- unfortunately everywhere that just have people get away with things. Hopefully, these poor girls will get justice one day.

Well. Whew. I JUST got done reading all the threads here. ALOT to digest! Hope I won't be talking to myself here for too long ; ) I'd love to this thread come alive again. I intend to re-read and further digest all of this . Wow!

Well, you can talk to me, Justice. But you'll have to give me several days to get brought up to speed. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back