New developments in unsolved Jennings murders

These women need justice.

Where's the killer? He or she (or they) must either be dead, incarcerated or has moved (or has killed all of his intended victims and they were targeted for a specific reason, such as some type of knowledge about something he didn't llike them knowing).

He didn't one day reform and stop killing. Psychopathic serial killers don't.

They don't reform, but sometimes they stop killing. Like Dennis Rader, for instance. He killed his last victim, Dolores Davis, in 1991. Then he took a break for murdering till 2004 when he started to stalk his intended victim.

So this particular perp might be, unfortunately, alive and well, just going low down, to not get caught.

Thank you and you are so right. Do you happen to know if there is any recent news about these victims? I am so happy to see that you are interested in Justice for them. Please stick around and join us in breathing new life into this case. I am new here and it seems the case is ICE cold. I am hoping that some of the past members come back and help us out as they know the cases best.

While there appears to be some linkage (i.e., the Boudreaux Inn, the Andrew Street house, Tina's Bar, the victims were CIs, etc.), the totality of evidence thus far (i.e., one murder was witnessed, two victims were expected to turn states evidence, two victims were found within 2-3 days of their murder in an advanced state of decomp, one victim had concentrated embalming fluid in her system, etc) leads me to believe that at least three parties and/or groups of people are involved.

I missed this first time through. Shadow can you tell me more about this? Do you have any links @the advanced stages of decomp? This is the first I'm hearing about embalming fluid. Are you saying whoever killed her put the embalming fluid in her? Doesn't that slow down decomp? Wouldn't that take some sort of expertise to put embalming fluid in a person? Was it in her veins or was she smoking it?

These women need justice.

Where's the killer? He or she (or they) must either be dead, incarcerated or has moved (or has killed all of his intended victims and they were targeted for a specific reason, such as some type of knowledge about something he didn't llike them knowing).

He didn't one day reform and stop killing. Psychopathic serial killers don't.

Also, not sure why I don't know this- but do we know if any/all of the victims were sexually assaulted? If not, that gives me a better idea of motive, killer's gender, etc.

----likely TARGETED

----likely TARGETED

I agree. They were targeted for information they knew. Not likely a sexual sadistic ( or whatever you call it) serial killer but one who wanted to eliminate to protect his/her or their *advertiser censored*/s

I agree. They were targeted for information they knew. Not likely a sexual sadistic ( or whatever you call it) serial killer but one who wanted to eliminate to protect his/her or their *advertiser censored*/s

perhaps it was for what they knew--but for a different reason--for what they knew and didn't tell or come forward with?.... targeted for REVENGE...?

As far as targeted, I noticed one of the girls had a slew of charges dismissed. Did any of the rest? Could they have all known the same "big time" (or even small time) connection and rat to stay out of jail or for lesser charges/time, then got killed for it?

As far as targeted, I noticed one of the girls had a slew of charges dismissed. Did any of the rest? Could they have all known the same "big time" (or even small time) connection and rat to stay out of jail or for lesser charges/time, then got killed for it?

I don't know the answer, but it's great thinking, and I'm so happy to you and everybody else here!!!

I missed this first time through. Shadow can you tell me more about this? Do you have any links @the advanced stages of decomp? This is the first I'm hearing about embalming fluid. Are you saying whoever killed her put the embalming fluid in her? Doesn't that slow down decomp? Wouldn't that take some sort of expertise to put embalming fluid in a person? Was it in her veins or was she smoking it?

The public mention of advanced decomp is over on the JDP killer site ( link ). And the embalming fluid bit was mentioned in a chat session among JDP killer site participants and later referenced on the JDP killer site ( link ).

I defiantly feel that these woman were targeted. I how ever don't feel like they were targeted to keep them quiet. I feel like they were targeted more for where they hung out, the drugs, the group they kept ect...Someone didn't like these girls for what ever reason but could it have just simply been because they were from the wrong side of the tracks and viewed as worthless by the sk? Kinda like his way of cleaning up the streets? Not sure why but I just get that feeling off everything I have read about this case unlike any other case I've been reading up on.

I live in Southeast La. kinda in the middle between Baton Rouge and New Orleans and just stumbled upon this thread... I am going to take more time to read the whole thing and get caught up because quite frankly I havent heard much about this at all....
I lived thru the Derek Todd Lee thing and now this just makes me get that creepy feeling again...

Ok... I took the time I should have spent on being productive and went back and viewed the two you-tube videos and while I do remember seeing stuff about some of these murders on the local news I have never heard much more about them...quite telling imo

I passed through Jennings this weekend on my way to a softball tournament. I couldn't help but think about this case and those poor women. I wonder, if the killer had been killing cheerleaders or bankers' wives, would this case be getting more attention?

I passed through Jennings this weekend on my way to a softball tournament. I couldn't help but think about this case and those poor women. I wonder, if the killer had been killing cheerleaders or bankers' wives, would this case be getting more attention?

simple answer: yes.

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20081116/NEWS01/811160323

More interesting info from the above link (bolding mine):
Brittney's cousin, Kristen Elizabeth Gary Lopez, was the third victim, and her best friend, fourth victim LaConia Shontel "Muggy" Brown, died earlier this year.

A week before Brittney went missing, a serial killer profiler told a private investigator that another girl would be killed before Christmas.

Every one of the victims is connected to the Gary family in some way, and Teresa Gary said they knew all of them. The second victim, Ernesteine Marie Daniel Patterson, was one of Teresa Gary's employees at Wendy's.

The family had returned to Jennings less than a week before Brittney's disappearance after living with family in Houston and Lufkin, Texas, for four months. Her daughter had done drugs in the past, Gary said, but was clean while they lived in Texas.

I grew up in Lufkin and am living there now. I would like to talk to her family in lufkin

"Badly decomposed body" found in Acadia Parish today, near an intersection not far from Hwy 13 (which will take you from I-10 at Crowley to Eunice). Probably not connected to the Jennings women in any way, but when I read "badly decomposed body" those words made me think about how some of the Jennings women had been dead only a few days but were already in advanced stages of decomp.

http://www.katc.com/news/decomposed-...d-in-acadiana/

I think it would take about 30-40 minutes to get to where the body was found from Jennings and would be the farthest away a victim has been found.

Don't think it's connected, but you never know....

ETA: KATC just updated that the coroner is on the scene; it's the body of a MAN and he's been there less than a week.:

http://www.katc.com/news/update-deco...acadia-parish/

Love and light to this man's family.

I clicked the link purely because it updated today. I've just read all of it. I am beyond shocked.

If this were a James Patterson novel it would be laughed out of his editor's office as unbelievable.

I have no helpful comments, other than if anyone has a connection to a true crime author or publisher, perhaps they could be pointed in this direction? Small town, good old boys, secrets and family connections? Potential cover up? It might just interest someone enough?

I am also utterly disappointed that race and/or "lifestyle" appears to be a deciding factor in the total non-interest in this case.

Something stinks in Jennings. And I do believe the answer in in Jennings.

I clicked the link purely because it updated today. I've just read all of it. I am beyond shocked.

If this were a James Patterson novel it would be laughed out of his editor's office as unbelievable.

I have no helpful comments, other than if anyone has a connection to a true crime author or publisher, perhaps they could be pointed in this direction? Small town, good old boys, secrets and family connections? Potential cover up? It might just interest someone enough?

I am also utterly disappointed that race and/or "lifestyle" appears to be a deciding factor in the total non-interest in this case.

I agree with you but at this point...
I think the crime writer who have to be someone who is very high profile (to the point that people would think twice about trying to scare him or her out of town or intimidate him or her).

I also think once you get into the story, it becomes less of a story- the likely perp(s) pretty much become clear, then get lost in the murkiness of either corruption, apathy, or ineptitude or all three. That's the story. Nothing seems like it would get done even if it all got written down in a best selling book. Evidence was lost. Witnesses died (or were killed) or one who are still alive refuse to talk for fear of charges against themselves or retribution. People were arrested for some of these murders then were released because all of a sudden there wasn't enough evidence. What I mean to say is that it's a heck of a story, but I fear that even though the author and his/her readers would likely quickly see the writing on the wall as to who the likely perps are, the book would never have a resolution (ie: no one brought to trial). And people who have never been convicted of these crimes but who we all suspect would probably want to sue the author and publisher (and would probably jump at the chance to do so). Essentially it would boil down to pointing out a lot of wrong-doing by a LOT of people in Jennings who would say there's no hard proof to these claims of wrong-doing and they'd probably sue for defamation.

I'd be glad to see this case get any publicility. However, I'm not all that confident that it would help at this point. :(

I'm sure you are right, I posted out of emotion and shock. I just could not believe this has gone legally unresolved for so long.

You made many good points, but maybe one day the story will be told. I feel sick for those poor women and their families.

Bolded by me.
I think lifestyle and socioeconomic group are the deciding factors in the non-interest of this case rather than race. Six of the eight victims were white. Two were black.

I know we think of the South as racially segregated but in most small towns in south Louisiana that I'm familiar with, segregation is much more by socio-economic group than race (or race alone). Middle-class and wealthy whites generally don't love for their kids to hang out with poor whites or what some would label "poor white trash." This goes back to Antebellum times. Poor whites either owned no land or owned little land of low quality. They were usually less educated. They may have worked as overseers on a plantation, but didn't socially mingle with the plantation owner's family. They were looked down up by the middle and upper classes. Being poor and black (if free or after freedom) was at least somewhat excusable because of their race, but poor whites had no "excuse" since they were white, making them the lowest of the low socially. Some social scientists have argued that segregation post-Reconstruction was really meant to keep the poor whites from hanging out with poor blacks and both groups realizing they were both being taken advantage of by those at the top & working together. (Okay, too much social science theorizing, sorry- undergrad degree in US History & I took a lot of classes about race relations).

A friend who grew up in a small town in south Louisiana once told me about poor whites and poor blacks hanging out together that "You realize being poor is being poor no matter what color you are. You have more in common with a poor black guy than a middle class white guy even if you're white. "

In the small towns in south Louisiana that I'm familiar with, the younger generations of poor whites and poor blacks generally hang out together because they are both excluded from hanging out with the middle & upper classes.
I think what we see here are women of both races who hung out with others from their socio-economic group regardless of race. Many of them were involved in the same "lifestyles," making them both poor and in the eyes of many, disposable.

It's sick and it's sad.

I'm sure you are right, I posted out of emotion and shock. I just could not believe this has gone legally unresolved for so long.

You made many good points, but maybe one day the story will be told. I feel sick for those poor women and their families.

I know how you feel. I've just come to the point where I don't think there will ever be a legal resolution for these women. :( Hopefully I'm just jaded and there will be.

It is good to have some movement on the Jennings thread and new eyes on the case, though! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb
Back