Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #1 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not passing judgement on her...but I do not know of any teen girl who has references to drugs, sex, etc. on their sites, and I've known quite a few thru my 5 nieces and no words to songs with the infamous "N" word, either. My issue is more with the type of young people she may be associated with or known to. They may be of a somewhat rougher crowd, JMO. The "wrong crowd" could somehow put her in more danger than someone else might be, for instance. Again, JMO.

I follow over 100 kids in the high school where my daughter goes, all of which I have met at some point between kindergarten and 10th grade. Sadly, to me, there is nothing shocking or out of the ordinary about her Twitter or Tumblr. Almost 100% of the kids I know are good kids but thinks it makes them "cool" to use the drug and foul language, especially rap lyrics, on these two social networks. My own daughter knows she would lose access to either if she did the same but I am one of VERY FEW parents who keep an eye on these things. I wish more parents did because these types of posts on Twitter and Tumblr give a bad impression, especially of the young ladies. Just my 2 cents... I'm not saying Sierra's is not a reason for concern but it IS normal for high schoolers.

Ugh, please stop passing judgement on this poor girl and her parents based on her social networking profiles!

I was a teen in the Bay Area once and to be perfectly blunt (no pun intended!), drug references and f-words were just as prevalent among high schoolers 15 years ago. We just didn't have tumblr and Twitter accounts! Morally corrupt? Maybe, but I think I turned out okay. It is hard to explain, but you grow up a little faster in the Bay Area.

Quite frankly, I think the most telling things from these accounts are the suicide references. JMO

I'm just reading through this thread, with lots of catching up to do! But I also grew up in the Bay Area. I'm 35 now, but back in high school I thought I was tough and acted out. If we had FB and Twitter then, I would have tried to create a "hard" image for myself as a kid. I acted like a rough and tumble gangsta girl, though in truth I was living a pretty boring and sheltered life :)

But ultimately, when it came to my actions, I was a good kid. I never drank or used drugs or did anything particularly inappropriate. It was an act. I think it's a Bay Area Teen thing. Maybe Sierra was indeed living the lifestyle depicted by her tweets and photos, or maybe she was just like I was at that age and creating a specific type of image and reputation for herself. Only the people close to her would know which is the case.

I'm just reading through this thread, with lots of catching up to do! But I also grew up in the Bay Area. I'm 35 now, but back in high school I thought I was tough and acted out. If we had FB and Twitter then, I would have tried to create a "hard" image for myself as a kid. I acted like a rough and tumble gangsta girl, though in truth I was living a pretty boring and sheltered life :)

But ultimately, when it came to my actions, I was a good kid. I never drank or used drugs or did anything particularly inappropriate. It was an act. I think it's a Bay Area Teen thing. Maybe Sierra was indeed living the lifestyle depicted by her tweets and photos, or maybe she was just like I was at that age and creating a specific type of image and reputation for herself. Only the people close to her would know which is the case.

Also, I think she was putting that tough image out there because she was trying to fit into a new school. She needed to act edgy to protect herself from the mean girls, imo. And she also had to 'front' because of the possible rumors about her dad being an RSO. Stuff like that follows you to your new school.

I was thinking that it would be AWESOME if the announcers during tomorrow's San Jose Sharks home game could make an announcement about Sierra and show her picture. I read that she was wearing a SJ Sharks sweatshirt the day before (?) she went missing so I'm assuming she's a fan. Any ideas on how to help make this happen? I hope she's found safe before tomorrow though!

I saw some posts about this quote from Marlene, here it is in context on video. It's hard to tell what she means. It kind of sounds like the people in the cars she was asking told her that they saw Sierra at the bus stop that morning, but I'm not sure that is the case.

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=3472

March 20 From video @ link:

Q: What are you asking the drivers, ma'am?

Marlene: I'm asking if they saw anything during this time period because this is the time period that she usually catches the bus. She's the only one at this particular bus stop. So I'm hoping that they remember something suspicious or out of the ordinary and if they frequently come through this area to go to work then maybe they'll remember. And I've been trying to tell them about the day of week that it's occurring.

Reporter: She is stopping everybody that she possibly can. You have tears in your eyes. What are they telling you, ma'am?

Marlene: They are telling me that they've seen her at the bus stop a lot. Um, you know, and um, that tells me that you know, as far as, you know, they said something about the scent stopping at the driveway, well, that tells me that um, you know, she did walk to the bus stop. You know?

Just thinking out loud here...

I noticed that she left her inhaler at home! :what: I asked my Huz - he has one, and I asked him, if he was a teen in high school would he leave his inhaler at home... he said no!

I noticed someone up thread mentioned, maybe someone/friend came by that morning, and abducted her from her house. She was getting ready to leave, grabbed her purse but couldn't get to her inhaler... Does she have front doors that automatically lock when you close them? As I noticed up thread it said the doors were locked.

Ok - Mom leaves at 6am for work, Rick her boyfriend leaves ?? and sister Danielle leaves too? Isn't she on break? She would have been home, you would think, when Sierra left!

Anyway, just some thoughts!

Sierra, where are you?!! :banghead:

respectfully snipped...

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=3472

March 20 From video @ link:

Reporter: She is stopping everybody that she possibly can. You have tears in your eyes. What are they telling you, ma'am?

Marlene: They are telling me that they've seen her at the bus stop a lot. Um, you know, and um, that tells me that you know, as far as, you know, they said something about the scent stopping at the driveway, well, that tells me that um, you know, she did walk to the bus stop. You know?

My red...

No, that would tell ME that she didn't get PAST the driveway... how can she get to the bus stop, if her scent STOPS at the driveway.... :waitasec: :waitasec:

Just thinking out loud here...

I noticed that she left her inhaler at home! :what: I asked my Huz - he has one, and I asked him, if he was a teen in high school would he leave his inhaler at home... he said no!

I noticed someone up thread mentioned, maybe someone/friend came by that morning, and abducted her from her house. She was getting ready to leave, grabbed her purse but couldn't get to her inhaler... Does she have front doors that automatically lock when you close them? As I noticed up thread it said the doors were locked.

Ok - Mom leaves at 6am for work, Rick her boyfriend leaves ?? and sister Danielle leaves too? Isn't she on break? She would have been home, you would think, when Sierra left!

Anyway, just some thoughts!

Sierra, where are you?!! :banghead:

YUP, I really want to know where mom's boyfriend was too. If he left for work at 6 am like mom did, wouldn't they mention that already?

I think it is possible that big sister was staying with friends since she is home on vacation, but the boyfriend? I really want to know where he was at the time.

eta: I am surprised that she didn't have her inhaler in her purse.

Askfornina...you never fail to amaze me!
This is a terrific reference, and the work and attention to detail is mind boggling!
Thank you button was not enough!:seeya:

You're welcome! :blushing: :blowkiss:

trying to think of possible scenarios:

1. She was abducted from the front of her home (driveway).

2. She willingly got into someone's car because she knew them (knew them well or enough to not be alarmed to get into their car) and was abducted.

3. She never left the house and was removed from the home by car.

Anybody else think of other ways?

Kat, I'm new to WS so, I hope that I don't break any rules in anything that I say and get myself kicked out first post. Please advise me if I am breaking any rules and I'll remove my post immediately. It will not be intentional by any means.

I do believe that #2 & #3 *possibly*, combined....makes the most sense.

From what I can see on the maps provided thus far (catching up on 17 pages of posts and links etc.), her home was decently close to neighbor's homes. That might suggest that had she been forcibly placed into a vehicle, a neighbour might have heard something. Of course, there are all kinds of ways to abduct someone more silently but, it seems to me to be more feasible that since tracking dogs did not pick up her scent beyond the driveway, it's likely that she got into a vehicle right in front of the house and more than likely (not certain, of course) that she knew the driver.

From my personal opinion only, it's not likely that an abductor would have been quite so bold to have pulled up in front of her home to take her. He/she likely would have waited for her to go further down the road onto the less populated area of it to do so. That would have been taking quite the chance to have gone right in front of the house and the vehicle have been spotted by neighbors, like the one who saw her walking every morning to the bus stop.

Therefore, to me anyway (that's just my personal opinion and doesn't make me right), it wouldn't make sense that a stranger would attempt something like that right in front of her house.

That leaves people she knows...friends/area residents etc.. But, even with that, it's not quite so likely in my mind anyway, that friends/area residents with wrong-doing intents, would have been quite that bold to have pulled up in front of the house like that in fear of being identified by someone nearby.

So, that leaves the potential, in my mind as a possibility of someone whom she knew and possibly had reason to be at the house without neighbors having reason to have suspicion at them being there...especially, at that time of the morning. But, this is all just conjecture on my part and nothing more.

Not tying this in with what I've said above at all. Just a separate question only.

Has anyone seen any news on family having been ruled out in this case as is usually the first thing that happens in cases like this? (LE usually start at home first to look from what I've always seen happen).

Also, I see mention of the father and mother but, I've only seen mention of the mother's boyfriend in one article thus far. I may be incorrect and have missed something but, anyone know more about him or why they haven't mentioned more about him and his relationship with Sierra and vice versa? Just questions...not insinuating anything by any means here.

I also was just thinking about the idea of the cell phone being found in a field area. I wouldn't think that anyone who was being abducted would intentionally throw a cell phone out a window as it might be thought of as their only chance of potential help.

To me, I'd be more inclined to think that *possibly*, she was fairly comfortable with the driver and likely about to Tweet someone (I think I remember her saying that she didn't do much texting???) or, was checking for Tweets while driving, *possibly* not paying attention to the route as she was potentially comfortable with this person.

I don't know about anyone else but, I've been tempted at times to take someone's cell phone out of their hands when they're constantly on the thing and, want to toss it out a window or across a street LOL ;)

I'm thinking that there's 2 possibilities here. Whomever was driving, was (a), possibly talking seriously to her while she was looking at the phone and did what I've been tempted to do....throw it out a window or, (b) noticed the cell and tossed it out the window so that she couldn't use it to contact anyone.

Just some of my thoughts, nothing more.

respectfully snipped...

My red...

No, that would tell ME that she didn't get PAST the driveway... how can she get to the bus stop, if her scent STOPS at the driveway.... :waitasec: :waitasec:

That stood out to me, too when I heard it on the video yesterday.

Maybe she misunderstood and thinks that the scent was found leading from the bus stop to the front door.
In fact...that's what I asked in a previous thread after I heard her response,
then thought, poor, sad mother... it must be so hard to get her head wrapped around this situation!

trying to think of possible scenarios:

1. She was abducted from the front of her home (driveway).

2. She willingly got into someone's car because she knew them (knew them well or enough to not be alarmed to get into their car) and was abducted.

3. She never left the house and was removed from the home by car.

Anybody else think of other ways?

Just for the sake of keeping an open mind, maybe we should consider the possibility that the dog is off its game and she walked somewhere, like across the railroad tracks- to meet someone- play hooky from school-etc. and met with foul play.

Also, weren't the doors to the house locked up correctly?

YUP, I really want to know where mom's boyfriend was too. If he left for work at 6 am like mom did, wouldn't they mention that already?

I think it is possible that big sister was staying with friends since she is home on vacation, but the boyfriend? I really want to know where he was at the time.

I have been wondering if there were any other people living/staying at the house in addition to Marlene and Sierra. I have been wondering why this information has not been shared in the media.
So when I read the transcripts from NG today, I read that it was reported that, "Mom, sister, and boyfriend were out of the house before Sierra left that morning."
These are not the exact words, and I don't know who said them...but I DID read them in the NG transcripts.
This STILL does not clarify the situation for me.
We are only hearing about mom and Sierra in the house that morning, and that time line provided is ambiguous, at best.

Kat, I'm new to WS so, I hope that I don't break any rules in anything that I say and get myself kicked out first post. Please advise me if I am breaking any rules and I'll remove my post immediately. It will not be intentional by any means.

I do believe that #2 & #3 *possibly*, combined....makes the most sense.

From what I can see on the maps provided thus far (catching up on 17 pages of posts and links etc.), her home was decently close to neighbor's homes. That might suggest that had she been forcibly placed into a vehicle, a neighbour might have heard something. Of course, there are all kinds of ways to abduct someone more silently but, it seems to me to be more feasible that since tracking dogs did not pick up her scent beyond the driveway, it's likely that she got into a vehicle right in front of the house and more than likely (not certain, of course) that she knew the driver.

From my personal opinion only, it's not likely that an abductor would have been quite so bold to have pulled up in front of her home to take her. He/she likely would have waited for her to go further down the road onto the less populated area of it to do so. That would have been taking quite the chance to have gone right in front of the house and the vehicle have been spotted by neighbors, like the one who saw her walking every morning to the bus stop.

Therefore, to me anyway (that's just my personal opinion and doesn't make me right), it wouldn't make sense that a stranger would attempt something like that right in front of her house.

That leaves people she knows...friends/area residents etc.. But, even with that, it's not quite so likely in my mind anyway, that friends/area residents with wrong-doing intents, would have been quite that bold to have pulled up in front of the house like that in fear of being identified by someone nearby.

So, that leaves the potential, in my mind as a possibility of someone whom she knew and possibly had reason to be at the house without neighbors having reason to have suspicion at them being there...especially, at that time of the morning. But, this is all just conjecture on my part and nothing more.

Not tying this in with what I've said above at all. Just a separate question only.

Has anyone seen any news on family having been ruled out in this case as is usually the first thing that happens in cases like this? (LE usually start at home first to look from what I've always seen happen).

Also, I see mention of the father and mother but, I've only seen mention of the mother's boyfriend in one article thus far. I may be incorrect and have missed something but, anyone know more about him or why they haven't mentioned more about him and his relationship with Sierra and vice versa? Just questions...not insinuating anything by any means here.

I also was just thinking about the idea of the cell phone being found in a field area. I wouldn't think that anyone who was being abducted would intentionally throw a cell phone out a window as it might be thought of as their only chance of potential help.

To me, I'd be more inclined to think that *possibly*, she was fairly comfortable with the driver and likely about to Tweet someone (I think I remember her saying that she didn't do much texting???) or, was checking for Tweets while driving, *possibly* not paying attention to the route as she was potentially comfortable with this person.

I don't know about anyone else but, I've been tempted at times to take someone's cell phone out of their hands when they're constantly on the thing and, want to toss it out a window or across a street LOL ;)

I'm thinking that there's 2 possibilities here. Whomever was driving, was (a), possibly talking seriously to her while she was looking at the phone and did what I've been tempted to do....throw it out a window or, (b) noticed the cell and tossed it out the window so that she couldn't use it to contact anyone.

Just some of my thoughts, nothing more.

Great Post, LookingToo!
So great to have you join us!
:welcome::welcome4::welcome::welcome4::greetings:

Thank you for the welcome and compliment IHAVENOCLUE :) It's nice to be here.

In researching it seems like there is a business at that address which may be what that large outbuilding is for. Maybe he works from home. Just a thought.

If sister was staying with them for spring break, I am sure some of her old friends had been stopping by to say hi. Perhaps an old classmate of hers saw Sierra- maybe started stalking her- maybe she liked him- and he abducted her that morning? Just add him to the 1000s of possibilities.

Inhaler--- was this a rescue inhaler type of inhaler, or an everyday type. I have known people who have very mild asthma and just carry one for emergencies but don't need it for everyday use.

I would like to know more about the boyfriend and his timeline that morning too. Just saying he was out of the house is not enough. imo

It seems like they are trying to deflect attention away by NOT discussing him. But actually it is making many of us more curious. If they just said [ for random example] 'he is 42, works as a retail manager, has no criminal record and was seen at work at 7 am that morning,' then we would all move on to some other POI's. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen