Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #1 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for the sake of keeping an open mind, maybe we should consider the possibility that the dog is off its game and she walked somewhere, like across the railroad tracks- to meet someone- play hooky from school-etc. and met with foul play.

Also, weren't the doors to the house locked up correctly?

Personally...I will take most any suggestion within reason at this point.
However..I learned that her cell phone charger was left at home..and that she always takes her charger WITH her when she leaves the house.
I am seriously thinking that LE needs to investigate that house SOON!
And that the investigation should have happened right at the start, as it should in any missing persons investigation. A house investigation can be done at the same time that the other standard investigations are being conducted.

JMO and MOO
JMO

I would like to know more about the boyfriend and his timeline that morning too. Just saying he was out of the house is not enough. imo

It seems like they are trying to deflect attention away by NOT discussing him. But actually it is making many of us more curious. If they just said [ for random example] 'he is 42, works as a retail manager, has no criminal record and was seen at work at 7 am that morning,' then we would all move on to some other POI's. imo
Katydid...Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I have been asking the same questions over and over again, sounding like a screaming meemee!
But I, too, think the lack of info. regarding mom's boyfriend, mom's morning timeline, are glaringly absent..and only gets my hinky meter up even more than if they gave such info. as you described!

If sister was staying with them for spring break, I am sure some of her old friends had been stopping by to say hi. Perhaps an old classmate of hers saw Sierra- maybe started stalking her- maybe she liked him- and he abducted her that morning? Just add him to the 1000s of possibilities.

Inhaler--- was this a rescue inhaler type of inhaler, or an everyday type. I have known people who have very mild asthma and just carry one for emergencies but don't need it for everyday use.

My husband needs his inhaler all the time and still forgets it about half the time, and he is old enough to know better...so I am not sure that if she left hers behind it means a whole lot. JMO

In researching it seems like there is a business at that address which may be what that large outbuilding is for. Maybe he works from home. Just a thought.

IF that is the case...then he could have been "out of the house" before Sierra supposedly left for the bus...but was actually in another building on the house grounds...maybe in an office of sorts?
I am not making accusations..just trying to fill in the blanks.

Uh Oh!
We may be sleuthing too much. The family members are the victims until MSM tells us otherwise.

My husband needs his inhaler all the time and still forgets it about half the time, and he is old enough to know better...so I am not sure that if she left hers behind it means a whole lot. JMO

I can see me doing that...I am notorious for not following medical advice! :blushing:

But..I can see a 15 year old forgetting an asthma inhaler before forgetting her cell phone charger. Priories, and all that. (-:

I think NG show was pretaped earlier today and is all about Hailey Dunn...so Sierra won't be getting any coverage...at least that is what someone here who called in to to NG this AM said...just FYI.

I can see me doing that...I am notorious for not following medical advice! :blushing:

But..I can see a 15 year old forgetting an asthma inhaler before forgetting her cell phone charger. Priories, and all that. (-:

--my niece, ( same age as my daughter and would spend alot of time here ) had more than one inhaler---one was always in her purse, i had one here in the case of emergency.

basics that hopefully LE has looked into.
1. does she have a boyfriend/ ex?
2. Does she have cash/is cash missing?
3. Any change in behaviors recently?
4. What were her last emails/texts/conversations?
5. Had she gotten any rides to school in the past?
6. any strange vehicles around lately
etc.

Search and Seizure stuff:
So is a missing/kidnapped child enough provocation to due a search of the house? Get cell phone records for those living there including child?

Welcome to WS lookingtoo! Glad you joined us! :)

"Authorities say there have been no new leads in the case and an analysis of her cell phone, found about a mile from her school bus stop, has yielded no clues, according to a press release issued by the Santa Clara Sheriff’s office today."

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...sing-calif-teen-sierra-lamar-yields-no-leads/

Also, "Forensic examinations of Sierra’s cell phone and computer have not revealed information beneficial to Sierra’s disappearance.”

Wow! they are moving fast (a good thing) on this. They should request those who were around her to take lie-detector tests, and ask for DNA samples (even if it is of no use at the present time, those being asked would not know that, and anyone refusing or putting up a fuse would raise a red flag, just my opinion.)

Thank you lauriej for the map
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...1e81df94&msa=0

Okay so I have never been to the scene of an abduction or anything like it and I was nervous for some reason. Weird? Anyway I will go back tomorrow and take pictures. I should have done that today but I did not have much time.

I saw a man filming SL's missing poster that was on a wooden electric pole on Scheller Ave. When I first arrived at around 11 am there were 3 news vans 2 from a local ABC affiliate KGO and 1 truck from Bay Area NBC pulled off the side of the road on Palm before Dougherty. I turned onto Palm off of Monterey Rd and the news trucks were on the right side of the road... but but after an hour they were all gone. I don't know if they would return later in the day they may have gone to lunch but I do not know.

I made a right onto Dougherty Ave. The grass farm begins right there at Palm and Doughtery and is spread out over a large area. There is farm land that is broken up by houses. That as is normal in this region. Before I moved to Santa Cruz I lived in Salinas and it is the same way group of houses then lettuce fields then a shopping center then lettuce fields. Anyway the area around the house was very quiet and I saw posters on every wooden light pole around Doughtery, Scheller Ave, Lantz Dr. All over downtown Morgan Hill also but I will get to that later.

Paquita Espana Court is a small cal de sac. You know how some of them are wide with a big circle at the end well this one is tight not a big circle. The driveway is long but I did not get out and walk around the street because there was detectives talking in the driveway and a white police van in front so I could not even make the circle I had to pull into a driveway and then back out to turn around. There is a sign at the beginning of Paquita Espana Court off of Dougherty that says not a through street. The houses are all nice on the street and well kept. The victims house is set back. A few had the iron style fences. When I go back I will take pictures sorry for that rookie mistake. The houses on Lantz drive and on 3rd around to Dougherty a quite large and fancy and have iron style fences.

There were 2 other detectives having an animated discussion at about 12 noon on the corner of Scheller and Dougherty.

I drove by the high school and it seemed business as usual. Downtown it was all people were talking about. Fliers posted everywhere and I stopped at a coffee shop and a Mexican restaurant and I could here people discussing Sierra. One lady I talked to at the coffee shop that worked there said that the feeling she gets from the customers is that this was a stranger abduction and people are scared.

I must say the street that Sierra lived on is secluded and there really is no reason for anyone that does not live back there to be there. The grass farm did not have a retail store associated with it that I could see. Also it appears to me where the phone was found it was thrown out of the car almost immediately. Then I am guessing the car continued on Santa Teresa blvd and then a right on Bailey then onto Hwy 101. If she did run away with a friend to Fremont then this would be how she would have gotten there but I do not think that is the case because of the phone. Moving from Fremont to Morgan Hill is a big change in culture and that would be hard on a teenager but I did not get that feeling of runaway. Maybe that was from the buzz of the town which does not have that feeling either.

So I am far from a professional at this and I will go back to get more details and take pictures.

Thank you so much CalamityJane!

Thank You so much Calamity,

Your descriptions are great. It is interesting hearing the local buzz. I wish she ran away, but I am not getting that feeling either. She didn't have to run away to see her old friends because she was going again this weekend. Why throw away your phone and hide out just to do something you are already scheduled to do. ?

I am afraid that someone had noticed that beautiful young girl walking alone every morning to the bus. It would have been easy to lurk and find the perfect moment to grab her, especially with a helper. I hope not but I am very worried. :rose:

How far was the bus stop from her driveway? Was it too far to hear a commotion, chasing, screaming, tires peeling away, etc.? And if she was grabbed and tossed, wouldn't there perhaps be some signs of an altercation? Something dropped or spilled or dirt moved about, etc.? Thinking of Holly B. her soda was spilled, possibly other items dropped, not to mention blood...(And a witness of sorts...) Just wondering if anyone would have heard anything if she had put up a struggle.

I wish we knew a bit more about her homelife in the current situation. We know she did not want to move. She missed her friends, wanted to stay with her father, as far as I know. These things are making me think it POSSIBLE she took off. Again, I really thought our other Sierra this week would NOT have run away, and yet she did...it is so hard to know. I wonder if LE has specific reasons to think she was abducted, or are treating it as such due to nothing pointing either way, really, except for her phone. Anyone can toss away a phone, if the idea is not to be traced. JMO

Thank you lauriej for the map
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...1e81df94&msa=0

Okay so I have never been to the scene of an abduction or anything like it and I was nervous for some reason. Weird? Anyway I will go back tomorrow and take pictures. I should have done that today but I did not have much time.

I saw a man filming SL's missing poster that was on a wooden electric pole on Scheller Ave. When I first arrived at around 11 am there were 3 news vans 2 from a local ABC affiliate KGO and 1 truck from Bay Area NBC pulled off the side of the road on Palm before Dougherty. I turned onto Palm off of Monterey Rd and the news trucks were on the right side of the road... but but after an hour they were all gone. I don't know if they would return later in the day they may have gone to lunch but I do not know.

I made a right onto Dougherty Ave. The grass farm begins right there at Palm and Doughtery and is spread out over a large area. There is farm land that is broken up by houses. That as is normal in this region. Before I moved to Santa Cruz I lived in Salinas and it is the same way group of houses then lettuce fields then a shopping center then lettuce fields. Anyway the area around the house was very quiet and I saw posters on every wooden light pole around Doughtery, Scheller Ave, Lantz Dr. All over downtown Morgan Hill also but I will get to that later.

Paquita Espana Court is a small cal de sac. You know how some of them are wide with a big circle at the end well this one is tight not a big circle. The driveway is long but I did not get out and walk around the street because there was detectives talking in the driveway and a white police van in front so I could not even make the circle I had to pull into a driveway and then back out to turn around. There is a sign at the beginning of Paquita Espana Court off of Dougherty that says not a through street. The houses are all nice on the street and well kept. The victims house is set back. A few had the iron style fences. When I go back I will take pictures sorry for that rookie mistake. The houses on Lantz drive and on 3rd around to Dougherty a quite large and fancy and have iron style fences.

There were 2 other detectives having an animated discussion at about 12 noon on the corner of Scheller and Dougherty.

I drove by the high school and it seemed business as usual. Downtown it was all people were talking about. Fliers posted everywhere and I stopped at a coffee shop and a Mexican restaurant and I could here people discussing Sierra. One lady I talked to at the coffee shop that worked there said that the feeling she gets from the customers is that this was a stranger abduction and people are scared.

I must say the street that Sierra lived on is secluded and there really is no reason for anyone that does not live back there to be there. The grass farm did not have a retail store associated with it that I could see. Also it appears to me where the phone was found it was thrown out of the car almost immediately. Then I am guessing the car continued on Santa Teresa blvd and then a right on Bailey then onto Hwy 101. If she did run away with a friend to Fremont then this would be how she would have gotten there but I do not think that is the case because of the phone. Moving from Fremont to Morgan Hill is a big change in culture and that would be hard on a teenager but I did not get that feeling of runaway. Maybe that was from the buzz of the town which does not have that feeling either.

So I am far from a professional at this and I will go back to get more details and take pictures.
Thank you, CalamityJane!
You already sound like a pro Sleuther!

I appreciate your description of the homes and surrounding fields.
And it was interesting to find that the town is leaning towards the abduction theory, and that frightens them.
YOU TOTALLY ROCK!
I would have been nervous, too! Especially going to the house and finding LE there!

How far was the bus stop from her driveway? Was it too far to hear a commotion, chasing, screaming, tires peeling away, etc.? And if she was grabbed and tossed, wouldn't there perhaps be some signs of an altercation? Something dropped or spilled or dirt moved about, etc.? Thinking of Holly B. her soda was spilled, possibly other items dropped, not to mention blood...(And a witness of sorts...) Just wondering if anyone would have heard anything if she had put up a struggle.

I wish we knew a bit more about her homelife in the current situation. We know she did not want to move. She missed her friends, wanted to stay with her father, as far as I know. These things are making me think it POSSIBLE she took off. Again, I really thought our other Sierra this week would NOT have run away, and yet she did...it is so hard to know. I wonder if LE has specific reasons to think she was abducted, or are treating it as such due to nothing pointing either way, really, except for her phone. Anyone can toss away a phone, if the idea is not to be traced.
JMO

I know I feel the same way I go back and forth between different scenarios that Kat posted on post #403. Maybe someone could hear tires screeching away from the bus stop but I do not think that a voice would carry. It is a shame the bus stop is not down Dougherty Ave more towards houses but maybe it is on the corner of Palm and Dougherty because there are houses on the other side of Palm and this is a middle spot. Also the map that I used on my earlier post works on post #78 from lauriej. I am so worried about what is happening to Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675