Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #1 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making the case even more complicated is that her father, a computer engineer, is a registered sex offender. He pleaded no contest in 2009 to "lewd acts" with a minor younger than 14 after he fondled a friend of his older daughter's at a slumber party in 1999.

But police say Steve LaMar, who is divorced from Sierra's mother and lives in Fremont, is not a suspect and has been fully cooperative with the investigation.
Quote:
The night before Sierra disappeared, Danielle LaMar left Sacramento State for spring break and joined her father at his Fremont townhouse. On their way back from dinner, Sierra, a 5-foot-2-inch brunette, called. They put her on speakerphone.
==================================================

He must be a pretty amazing Dad for Danielle to go to see him on her first night of Spring break. I have to say that if MY dad had fondled one of my friends at a sleepover, I am not sure I would have trusted him again.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/20/ng.01.html

This is an incident actually going from 1998 to 2004.

COSBY: Wait, wait, wait! An incident? That sounds like repeated incidents.

JOSTAD: A continued -- right, continuing incident. He was actually charged with 12 counts of lewd or lascivious behavior with a child under 14. He pled no contest...

COSBY: This is Sierra`s father?

JOSTAD: Correct. This is her father. He pled guilty to one of those counts. He served under a year in jail for it. He is now required to register as a sex offender. He does appear on the registry.

12 incidents. Not that it is directly related to Sierra going missing. And it doesn't lessen my attention to Sierra at all.

But, it is what it is. And has to be looked at within the context of this entire case as peripheral information and circumstances surrounding this child. Just adding for clarification in case anyone is interested. Who knows if NG show got it right? JMHO

What I found interesting is that the mother, Rick the boyfriend, and Sierra all moved to Morgan Hill from Fremont in October 2011. It was noted in one of the above articles that the mom had left for her job back in Fremont the morning Sierra went missing. Does the boyfriend work in Morgan Hill?

Otherwise, what would be the reason they would all need to move to Morgan Hill, rent a home, uproot Sierra, etc., when the mother still worked in Fremont?? Something about that seems off to me. As a parent I think it's a big deal to uproot your teen at such a difficult age and move to an entirely new school where they don't know anyone. I assumed mom got a new job in Morgan Hill or Rick already lived in Morgan Hill. If the reporting is right in the article, all 3 moved from Fremont.

http://m.mercurynews.com/sjm/db_101037/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=xlj4PxM0&full=true#display

I don't know about their specific neighborhood but it is generally much cheaper to rent down there in Morgan hill. This area is super expensive. Lots of people live down there and commute.

Yeah it is just a few miles even from downtown San Jose but to us suburbanites it seems like the country. In a lot of places in the south bay, even in the middle of town I.e San Jose, Los gatos, Cupertino even Fremont there is a lot of open space within
A very short driving distance. For instance Michelle LE was taken from Hayward and within a short time was dumped in niles canyon area in quite a remote place (though right next to the freeway and train, etc she was not found for months)

I don't know about their specific neighborhood but it is generally much cheaper to rent down there in Morgan hill. This area is super expensive. Lots of people live down there and commute.

Yeah it is just a few miles even from downtown San Jose but to us suburbanites it seems like the country. In a lot of places in the south bay, even in the middle of town I.e San Jose, Los gatos, Cupertino even Fremont there is a lot of open space within
A very short driving distance. For instance Michelle LE was taken from Hayward and within a short time was dumped in niles canyon area in quite a remote place (though right next to the freeway and train, etc she was not found for months)

Actually, Michelle wasn't dumped in Niles Canyon, it was between Pleasanton and Sunol, and only one mile from civilization in Pleasanton. I drove by her dump site...

“The entire family has fully cooperated with our agency,” Smith said. “All of the family (mother, father, Gardiner) have alibis and can be accounted for at the time Sierra went missing.”

snipped and copy and pasted from mrsu's post because it didn't carry forward when I quoted her post.

Perhaps we can put Mom, Dad and BF at very bottom of list for who might have had something to do directly with her going missing? What you all think?

Boaps, I agree about the remote places in the Bay Area... lots of places to do something like this. I was replying to someone who posted earlier about easy access to Henry Coe, Calero and even Coyote Creek parks... those areas are are considered state or county parks with controlled access. Even Santa Teresa Park has limited access.

snipped and copy and pasted from mrsu's post because it didn't carry forward when I quoted her post.

Perhaps we can put Mom, Dad and BF at very bottom of list for who might have had something to do directly with her going missing? What you all think?

I agree. But I still wonder if maybe an employee of Ricks construction biz, or a friend of her Dad's, might have become obsessed with Sierra and maybe lured her into the car by offering her a ride to school.

Also, when my DD was her age, Friday used to be Ditch Day. She only had art on Fridays because of block scheduling and she and her friends used to try and ditch school and drive to the beach whenever they thought they could get away with it. It makes me wonder if she got in the car with older kids, planning to go to Monterey, and they had something else in mind.

I agree. But I still wonder if maybe an employee of Ricks construction biz, or a friend of her Dad's, might have become obsessed with Sierra and maybe lured her into the car by offering her a ride to school.

She hadn't lived there very long, had she?
I wonder how much she would have trusted anyone like that-she couldn't have known anyone very long. I think if she went into a car willingly, it was preplanned, and then...who knows.

Again I will reiterate the actual lay of the land ... 10 miles from my home. This is not open space public land by any means. Yes there are farms and farmland. Yes Calero is nearby. Yes Henry Coe State park is nearby. Literally one road into Coe and one road into Calero reservoir (boat permits, parking permit checks, etc, so they control the traffic.) We feel lucky if we can walk the trails without being stopped. These access areas are highly trafficked, even at 7am because bicyclist are alll around here.

Do you see on the google map that there are FOUR golf courses close to her home? It is not like some middle town in Iowa or something. Lots of through traffic. Those wilderness areas mentioned are there, but only accessible by a few roads. Anyway, the bigger issue to me is Highway 101. You can go anywhere on the West Coast of the US on 101, and fast. I am just not feeling the agg areas around her home are the issue.
I agree that it's likely 101 was used for a quick getaway to parts unknown. But there is a lot of open space, mountains, reservoirs etc in the immediate area and to search them is an overwhelming task. If 101 was used she could be anywhere, north, south, mexico, canada, anywhere. Either way you have to start somewhere and the only place to start without any clues would be nearby, only problem is the vast amount of area to search. If it were suburban area it would make sense to start in neighbors yards, commercial spaces, etc. In a more rural setting where there aren't so many neighbors I don't know what LE will look to.

Sorry I know I am rambling I just want to say I agree that it's not a Midwest tiny agricultural town, but there are still lots of large open outdoor areas, parks, golf courses, etc all around. I am from San Jose and I always think of the south bay as a small town that grew up too fast. It's still the country in a lot of ways, even though there are a lot of people here.

Actually, Michelle wasn't dumped in Niles Canyon, it was between Pleasanton and Sunol, and only one mile from civilization in Pleasanton. I drove by her dump site...

Yes thank you for clarifying I knew as I typed niles it wasn't right... But anyway even one mile from Pleasanton and right next to the freeway she still wasn't found for months :(

sierra_lamar.jpg

Thanks lorelaj for opening this tread and link:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/santa-clara-sheriffs-dept-searching-missing-teen/nLWgf/

from this article:
Marlene Lamar, the teen's mother, said she talked to her daughter Friday morning and said goodbye and told her she loved her. Her daughter left the house around 6 a.m.
"Come home, baby, please come home," said her father Stave Lamar. "You're not in trouble. Everyone wants to see you.

It rings bell even before I read further that was some misunderstanding between her parents and her. In her ages some small comment can be bigger than mountains. I feel excuses .... in this article: you are not in trouble.... I love you.....

I am new in this post, I read first 10 pages, and all updated articles in local and California post on line.
I followed Twits till it was turned private, tumbril, FB....

She looks to me as smart, beautiful, socialized person.

She hadn't lived there very long, had she?
I wonder how much she would have trusted anyone like that-she couldn't have known anyone very long. I think if she went into a car willingly, it was preplanned, and then...who knows.

True, but 15 yr olds can be easily fooled if it is a 'friend' of their dad's or stepdads. An employee of her moms boyfriend would probably seem very safe to a 15 yr old. I think she would get into a car if they had a good story. She has been here 6 months so she may have felt she 'knew' some of the new people.

Plus I remember how much my DD HATED to ride the bus to school. We always fought over her wanting to get rides from older kids etc. She always found great excuses to justify why she needed to grab a ride that day, if she got caught.

Also, it could be a neighbor from the cul-de-sac. Someone who saw her walking every day.

Yes thank you for clarifying I knew as I typed niles it wasn't right... But anyway even one mile from Pleasanton and right next to the freeway she still wasn't found for months :(

I think you are right in one sense- I think Giselle drove through Niles Canyon to get there.

True, but 15 yr olds can be easily fooled if it is a 'friend' of their dad's or stepdads. An employee of her moms boyfriend would probably seem very safe to a 15 yr old. I think she would get into a car if they had a good story. She has been here 6 months so she may have felt she 'knew' some of the new people.

Plus I remember how much my DD HATED to ride the bus to school. We always fought over her wanting to get rides from older kids etc. She always found great excuses to justify why she needed to grab a ride that day, if she got caught.

Yeah and when I was young I guess I was just really dumb. I rode around with all manner of acquaintances, granted usually with a friend along as well. I even used to hitchhike all the time when I lived in Santa Cruz. Luckily somehow nothing ever happened to me!

Yeah and when I was young I guess I was just really dumb. I even used to hitchhike all the time when I lived in Santa Cruz. Luckily somehow nothing ever happened to me!

I used to hitchhike TO Santa Cruz. From Cupertino. My best friend and I decided that since there were TWO of us, nothing bad could happen. Silicon Valley, 1968,and we were certain nothing bad could ever happen to us. lol

As the school was aware that Sierra did not show up on Friday, I hope LE looks into any other students who were also absent even from just the first period or two.

Yeah and when I was young I guess I was just really dumb. I rode around with all manner of acquaintances, granted usually with a friend along as well. I even used to hitchhike all the time when I lived in Santa Cruz. Luckily somehow nothing ever happened to me!

Lucky is the word. Remember Ed Kemper? OMG!, didn't anyone tell you about him?

Well, not to be too rude, but if I had her father, I would be a lot more careful who I got into a car with...

I used to hitchhike TO Santa Cruz. From Cupertino. My best friend and I decided that since there were TWO of us, nothing bad could happen. Silicon Valley, 1968,and we were certain nothing bad could ever happen to us. lol

OMG! another one... :thud:

Boaps and Katy, don't you recall Edmund Kemper III? The worst serial killer in the Santa Cruz area, possible California who picked up hitchikers, raped them, decapitated them and took the heads to his house and buried them facing his mother's window. She work in Admin @ Santa Cruz. OMG! He told me how dumb some of the girls were (while in incarcerated at vacaville). He picked up three of them at once and accidentally left the door unlocked and they didn't leave...he was out murdering the other one.

They were not dumb, BTW, just petrified.

Boaps and Katy, don't you recall Edmund Kemper III? The worst serial killer in the Santa Cruz area, possible California who picked up hitchikers, raped them, decapitated them and took the heads to his house and buried them facing his mother's window. She work in Admin @ Santa Cruz. OMG! He told me how dumb some of the girls were (while in incarcerated at vacaville). He picked up three of them at once and accidentally left the door unlocked and they didn't leave...he was out murdering the other one.

They were not dumb, BTW, just petrified.
Yikes no I never heard of him! That was way before my time though. How did you end up talking to him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675