FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! Who carries two phones so they can be on the phone with their gf, and call 911 at the same time? Common sense says Paul Meincke mis-spoke in his report. Phone records alledgedly prove he was on the phone with hius gf; why haven't those phone records been made public?

WOW! Who calls 911 as they are administering a life threatening beating to another person?

With all due respect, this article is nothing more than a rehash of the article that Jjenny already posted numerous times, the one with all the inaccuracies--only with the inaccuracies deleted.

People were complaining that inaccuracies should be removed and they were.

Trayvon made his own 911 call, the FBI has it and are enhancing, says holds the key to the investigation

at the very end of the vid

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/video?id=8593399&syndicate=syndicate&section#global

Okay, WHAT? I watched the news video too, and I think they are completely mistaken. Trayvon was on the phone with his girlfriend during this time and SHE heard the beginning of the altercation.

I think this ghostly looking reporter just has misreported the facts - a neighbor called 911 and the confrontation can be heard on that phone call.

I think this is a mistake of that media outlet to report that Trayvon himself called 911.

I can understand and sympathize with the public's concerns regarding this incident. I too am thankful it's at last getting the focus it deserves... Maybe now we will began to hear some reasonable answers instead of Media/Public rhetoric. There has been a lot of rhetoric and hearsay being taken as fact and the truth is there is very few facts that have been released to the public.

Now I know this might cause some discomfort to others but I'm not convinced that Zimmerman is guilty of anything? I'm not saying he's innocent either for I have lots of questions left unanswered. But like most of you I too want to see justice and if the facts do support a case of murder then Zimmerman needs to be charged as such. However, if it turns out this Martin man did in fact attack Zimmerman then self-defense was a justifiable action.

I think the entire situation is in some very muddy waters legally speaking. You've got some overlapping laws that seem to make a clear determination not so simple.

Hey doc - I agree about GZ's full statement. He had to have been asked about the shooting. Where was he? Where was Trayvon? How did Trayvon fall? We know absolutely nothing about all of that. All we know is that Trayvon was found face down with his hands underneath him and that that we've read - whether true or not - there was one shot and it was to his chest.

still want to hear more about the gunshot wound. Could the chest have been the exit wound? IF he was shot in the back - that would have been obvious to all the responding authorities as his back was up. Did one of the first responders from SPD roll him over before EMTs got there and they found him on his back with the obvious gunshot wound to the chest? That is very important information to the investigation as a whole and that has not been released.

JMHO

We would know the answers if they would ever release the autopsy report!!! (I'm not yelling at you, WOO, I'm just yelling)

I think there's a scenario in which the whole confrontation between GZ and Trayvon could have been started by GZ snatching Trayvon's cell phone or earbud...JMO

Also, a "contamination log" was started at the crime scene per the released report. The phone should be accounted for, or the people who entered the scene should be thoroughly questioned.

Okay, WHAT? I watched the news video too, and I think they are completely mistaken. Trayvon was on the phone with his girlfriend during this time and SHE heard the beginning of the altercation.

I think this ghostly looking reporter just has misreported the facts - a neighbor called 911 and the confrontation can be heard on that phone call.

I think this is a mistake of that media outlet to report that Trayvon himself called 911.

Actually, the girlfriend said she heard like there was a push and then the phone. Maybe it was Tray stepping back and hanging up the phone and calling 911? Who knows? I'll wait for more confirmation though. But it's possible if he hung up the phone and not dropped it.

Maybe the reporter is confused and FBI call he is talking about is GZ's 911 call which FBI is enhancing to see if he said a racial slur?

WOW! Who carries two phones so they can be on the phone with their gf, and call 911 at the same time? Common sense says Paul Meincke mis-spoke in his report. Phone records alledgedly prove he was on the phone with hius gf; why haven't those phone records been made public?
Where on earth did it say anything about two phones or the call overlapping? We know the gf's call was dropped at approx 7:15 and that LE arrived on scene at 7:17 - that's 2 minutes - plenty of time for 911 to be called. Just because the gf says the call dropped or disconnected doesn't mean the phone was completely disabled - maybe Trayvon hung up on her to dial 911 because this "dude following him" had just put his hands on him.

JMHO

Where has it been confirmed Zimmerman knocked the phone out of Martin's hand?

I can't get the video to work and I've yet to find an article online. Is this another ABC exclusive? Was that all that was said?

I'm puzzled over how Trayvon could have made a call to 911 if Zimmerman knocked his phone out of his hands.

Reposting. Read the article. Witness saw TM attack GZ.

That is not what the article says.

Nowhere does it say that anyone saw TM attack GZ. It says only that the witness saw TM on top of GZ.

Meaning that GZ could have attacked TM and then TM was somehow able to get the better of him.

Again, however, I don't believe any of this article as it is only a rehash of an earlier article rife with misinformation.

Nowhere does it say that anyone saw TM attack GZ. It says only that the witness saw TM on top of GZ.

Meaning that GZ could have attacked TM and then TM was somehow able to get the better of him.

Again, however, I don't believe any of this article as it is only a rehash of an earlier article rife with misinformation.

But it does support GZ's claim that he was the one screaming for help.

Maybe the reporter is confused and FBI call he is talking about is GZ's 911 call which FBI is enhancing to see if he said a racial slur?

Yes. The reporter certainly seems to have confused the facts. i don't see any way Trayvon called 911 during the end of this confrontation, or at any time at all during his interaction with GZ.

Where has it been confirmed Zimmerman knocked the phone out of Martin's hand?

Not confirmed at this time nor did OP imply such; the OP said "IF" GZ knocked the phone out of TM's hands.

Good reminder moment for all to use IMOs JMOs and :moo: s liberally when appropriate.

BBM

:goodpost:

I thought that they just got the phone call logs? Not the phone? Maybe you're right? My head hurts.

You are correct, I'm wrong. I'd rather be corrected than continue to be wrong. Thank you!

It wouldn't surprise me that someone doing some editing got a little confused on who is who in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
somegirlinsf