FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, I was just about to post how virtually everyone is/was referring to Martin as TRAYVON, and Zimmerman just as ZIMMERMAN.

Both names are equally respectful. I can think of a lot more fitting things to call Zimmerman. I'll just stick with his last name though.

Has it been explained why Mr. Martin was hundreds of miles from home on a school night?

Has it been explained why Zimmerman was patrolling the neighborhood after he took a neighborhood watch class that strictly prohibited him from patrolling anywhere much less with a loaded gun. Has it been explained why Zimmerman decided to get out of his vehicle and approach a 17-yearold CHILD after he was told by the 911 dispatcher that he did not need to follow him?

Are you looking at a photo from a different site? I can only see 3 entries. I didn't know there was an image that showed more of the call logs.
Click on the article and then watch the video - it shows more of that page.

HTH

With all due respect, Trayvon is not a man. He is a child, he turned 17 years old 2 weeks ago.

I beg to differ but then you've not had the displeasure of seeing 13 year old's hold up 7-Elevens and threaten/kill men/women twice or three times their age... Mr. Martin is no kid he's a man in my view...

Now 13-year-old's are adults? I think Hailey Dunn would disagree with that.

It's for Trayvon's parents so they can continue to travel and do what they need to do to make sure they get justice for their son. It's not cheap to travel like that and it doesn't appear that they are selling pictures of their son to make a profit (Casey, Cindy, etc...).

Thank you. I am glad it is going to the Parents so they can continue to seek justice.

I saw/heard it on a video of Anderson Cooper and, it did not sound like 'it's fng cold' to me. IMO

Here's a link: http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/22/did-trayvon-martins-shooter-use-slur-in-911-tapes/

Wow, thanks. It definitely sounds like the racial slur. I wouldn't be quite so sure if there were not the "s" sound at the end.

Revised 911 transcript with marker for, what might be, a racial slur:

911 call 4:11
GZ: Hey, we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there's this real suspicious guy retreat view circle, the best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no good or he's on drugs or something -- he's just walking around, looking about..
Dispatcher: ... and this guy's white, black, or hispanic?
GZ: He looks black..
Dispatcher: Did you see what he was wearing?
GZ: Yeah, a dark hoodie, like a gray hoodie and either jeans or sweat pants and white tennis shoes. (unintelligible)..he's just staring
Dispatcher: Oh, he's just walking around the area?
GZ: Looking at all the houses
Dispathcher: oh ok
GZ: He's just staring at me.
Dispatcher: Ok you said it is 1111 (Patridge?) or 111?
GZ: That's the club house
Dispatcher: He's near the club house right now?
GZ: Yeah, now he's coming towards me
Dispatcher: Ok
GZ: He's got his hand in his waistband. Yeah, he's a black male
Dispatcher: Ok, how old would you say he is
GZ: He's got a button on his shirt
He's late teens
Dispatcher: Late teens, ok
GZ: Something's wrong with him. Yep, he's coming to check me out. He's got something in his hands, I don't know what his deal is.
Dispatcher: Just let me know if he does anything, ok
GZ: Just get an officer over him
Dispatcher: We've got them on the way, just let me know if this guy does anything else.
GZ: Ok
Pause
GZ: These a-holes, they always get away. Yep, when you come to the club house you come straight in and make a left ... actually, you would go past the club house.
Dispatcher: Oh, you say it's on the left hand side from the club house?
GZ: No, you go in, straight through the entrance and then you make a left, ummm, yeah you go straight in, don't turn and make a left. Ship, he's running.
Dispatcher: He's running, which way is he running?
GZ: Down towards the other entrance of the neighborhood.
Dispatcher: Ok, which entrance is that that he's heading towards?
GZ: The back entrance.
***Here is where the unclear slur is said to be uttered***
Dispatcher: Are you following him?
GZ: Yeah
Dispatcher: Ok, we don't need you to do that.
GZ: Ok
Dispatcher: Alright sir, what is your name?
GZ: George, he ran...
Dispatcher: Alright George, what's your last name?
GZ: Zimmerman
Dispatcher: What's the phone number you're calling from?
GZ: Gives number
Dispatcher: Alright George, we do have them on the way, did you want to meet with the officers when they get out there?
Dispatcher: Alright, where you gonna meet with them at?
GZ: Umm, if they come in through the, uh, street past the club house, straight past the club house, and then they go past the mailboxes, they'll see my truck
Dispatcher: What address are you parked in front of?
GZ: Umm, I don't know, it's a cut-through so I don't know the address.
Dispatcher: Do you live in the area?
Dispatcher: What's your apartment number?
GZ: It's a home (gives incomplete address) - ah crap, I don't want to get the he** out, I don't know where this kid is
Dispatcher: Ok, do you just want to meet with them right near the mailboxes?
GZ: Yeah, that's fine.
Dispatcher: Alright George, I'll let them know to meet you out there, ok?
GZ: Could you have them call me and I'll tell them where I'm at?
Dispatcher: Ok, yeah, that's no problem
GZ: Do you need my number or you got it?
Dispatcher: Yeah, I've got it (repeats number)
GZ: Yeah, you got it
Dipatcher: Ok, no problem, I'll let 'em know to call you when they are there, yeah?
GZ: Thanks
Dispatcher: You're welcome

For forty five seconds, and no way of knowing how long before the witness called, you can hear yelling in the background of the witness 911 call here: http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/911/call3.wav

I haven't been here in a long while. I think my last post was on the day of the Casey Anthony verdict but I had to come back for this CASE. My heart hurts for Trayvon Martin's family. Although I'm not american, racial profiling occurs all over the world. I keep thinking, it could've been one of my cousins, friends, family. Some might say that nothing has been proven yet, but I disagree. The 911 calls prove that George Zimmerman saw Trayvon Martin and assumed that because he was black and wearing a hoodie he was a criminal. That he looked suspicious. If Trayvon Martin had not been black, he wouldn't have been regarded as suspicious. He wouldn't have fit the picture of what criminals look like according to people like George Zimmerman who was tired of "these *******s" getting away. Secondly, even if Treyvon Martin was acting "suspicious" what gives George Zimmerman to take the law into his own hands? And who approaches anyone who looks like he's a criminal on drugs? The 911 operator told him he didn't need to follow the teen, he did anyways. Based on the 911 calls no one wanted to go outside and risk their safety but George Zimmerman obviously wasn't worried about his safety. Otherwise he would've stayed in the car.

Trayvon probably was worried about his safety. He was being followed by someone in a car and that person got out and started following him. If you were walking and suddenly someone started following you, wouldn't you be scared? As a young woman, I know that if someone I did not know from Adam approached me I would run and if that didn't seem a possibility because he had a gun, I would try my damnest to fight for my life. Why are people wondering why Trayvon fought back? Wouldn't you? I think HE was acting in self defense and with his fist or whatever was standing HIS ground.

Let's not get confused here. Trayvon was NOT the aggresor. George Zimmerman became one the moment he stepped out of his car and made it clear he was following Trayvor. How reasonably afraid could he have been if he decided to leave the safety of his vehicle?

I am angry at the police for not investigating this case, for wasting time, for NOT collecting evidence that could've proven what exactly took place that night. I am angry that people get judged unfairly based on stereotypes and racial profiling. Let's not act as if it doesn't happen, especially in this politicale climate where people are afraid of muslims and black boys with hoodies look like "thugs".

I hope, I hope, that George Zimmerman gets arrested for this crime. And I hope that the Sanford Police, whomever was responsible for the horrible way this case was handled face severe consequences because of the way they neglected their duties as law enformcement. I hope Trayvon's family and friends find some peace. And I'm saddened for myself. Because I realized that it could've just easily been one of those black men I love.

Thank you. I am glad it is going to the Parents so they can continue to seek justice.

Me too, I know the parents can surely use the money. Heck I even donated when I attended the rally at Fort Mellon park...

I beg to differ but then you've not had the displeasure of seeing 13 year old's hold up 7-Elevens and threaten/kill men/women twice or three times their age... Mr. Martin is no kid he's a man in my view...

The law recognizes him as a child. I'm not here to discuss robberies of 7-11s and other crimes that 13 or 14 year old children might commit. I'm here to discuss Trayvon Martin's case (hence the reason we are on the "17-year-old who was shot to death by the neighborhood watch captain" located in the CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN forum on Websleuths.

Were they wearing hoodies?

It's for Trayvon's parents so they can continue to travel and do what they need to do to make sure they get justice for their son. It's not cheap to travel like that and it doesn't appear that they are selling pictures of their son to make a profit (Casey, Cindy, etc...).

They've been on ABC with exclusives (the big one being obtaining the girlfriends phone records with their attorney), and the pictures I've seen have the ABC logo on them. It would be hard for me to believe they aren't being compensated for the pictures and exclusives. I could care less except for the fact biased reporting is not always trustworthy reporting. IMO

Funny, I was just about to post how virtually everyone is/was referring to Martin as TRAYVON, and Zimmerman just as ZIMMERMAN.

I do it purposefully. Because I give respect to victims and on websleuths, Trayvon is a victim. Further, IMO, Zimmerman is a cold-blooded, pre-meditated murderer. I believe he totally lied about Trayvon looking like he was on drugs, approaching Zimmerman, reaching into his waist band and casing houses. I believe he lied so he would have an excuse to use his gun.

Now 13-year-old's are adults? I think Hailey Dunn would disagree with that.

Anyone who thinks 17 year olds are not kids should try teaching a high school class for a day. They are wriggly puppies. Some may look like adults and a few are more mature than others, but they are babies. My three brothers-in-law prove that and they grew up with a rough home life that forced them to mature faster than average. And yet, they are still silly babies that need care and direction.

They've been on ABC with exclusives (the big one being obtaining the girlfriends phone records with their attorney), and the pictures I've seen have the ABC logo on them. It would be hard for me to believe they aren't being compensated for the pictures and exclusives. I could care less except for the fact biased reporting is not always trustworthy reporting. IMO

I would think if they were getting paid for the pictures, we would see more pictures of Tray though? That's why I don't believe they are making money off of pictures? I could be totally wrong, but usually when a parent has a real reason to want their child's face out there, they wouldn't ask for money? Again, I could be wrong?

Thousands in Philly join Million Hoodie March...

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports (http://bit.ly/GXQAvj ) the Million Hoodie March started Friday at 7:17 p.m., the time police found Trayvon Martin's body in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26. Many participants wore hoodies in support of Martin, who was wearing one when he died.
Police say the march started with 2,500 people but grew as it proceeded through downtown. Final police crowd estimates ranged from 5,000 to 8,000.

http://helenair.com/news/national/t...cle_b7a7d536-6015-5822-9b10-7a03b444f768.html

Heat make "hoodie" protest over Florida teenager death..

http://www.kfor.com/sports/sns-rt-us-nba-heat-protestbre82n02u-20120323,0,229931.story

Hundreds rally for Trayvon Martin in D.C., including on Capitol Hill

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/0...n-in-d-c-including-on-capitol-hill-74147.html

Texas Tech students join hands during the Million Hoodie March on campus Friday. The students marched in remembrance of Trayvon Martin, a Florida teen who was shot and killed.
http://m.lubbockonline.com/local-news/2012-03-23/texas-tech-students-gather-remember-trayvon-martin

I do it purposefully. Because I give respect to victims and on websleuths, Trayvon is a victim. Further, IMO, Zimmerman is a cold-blooded, pre-meditated murderer. I believe he totally lied about Trayvon looking like he was on drugs, approaching Zimmerman, reaching into his waist band and casing houses. I believe he lied so he would have an excuse to use his gun.

Anyone who thinks 17 year olds are not kids should try teaching a high school class for a day. They are wriggly puppies. Some may look like adults and a few are more mature than others, but they are babies. My three brothers-in-law prove that and they grew up with a rough home life that forced them to mature faster than average. And yet, they are still silly babies that need care and direction.

My bolding

I do too. I use Trayvon's name for those very same reasons.

I suppose it's natural to revert back to training when I'm looking at something in an investigative manner, so as to keep an objective view and not cloud the investigation with emotions.

That does not answer my question.

So you don't believe in such a thing as a child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny