Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #6 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kat, I'm thinking it might have been dark, and that he returned later to Sierra's last known whereabouts to quickly be rid of this link to her.

Good point ozazure! Do you think it's possible the placement of this JC bag was intended as a red herring? You know, to confuse the issue as to which direction Sierra was taken and such? Just thinking out loud of the possibilities here, by no means do I think that's what happened, just playing around with the possibilities. JMHO

Great map! (where was the phone found?) and is there an entrance to the Monterey Hwy from Fischer?

If he took Sierra to the spot where the bag was found...she would have been found there too, IMO...no way he would carry her back to his car, etc...

I can't see a female perp or accomplice hiding the bag for later-why hide it at all? Just stick it under the seat of the car or in the trunk, if you want to keep it-no one was "after them".

In fact, the only thing that makes any sense to me is the perp coming back from taking Sierra away and realizing he still has it in the car and just wanting to get it out of sight in a hurry, so he finds a desolate spot and hides it...nothing makes much sense though. I still think he would probably have gone through it, just to see what was in there, once he had time and yet it appears not, unless he re-folded her clothes, or put them in there himself. Or is was someone who knew there wouldn't be anything much in there...

I wish someone would have asked Sierra's mom or LE if she always/often sent photos of herself to her friends in the morning...especially if this was a friend she would be seeing in a few minutes. It is not like the photo displayed her outfit, which I could see a girl doing. It was just a silly face and no message, until a text afterward...

Anyone could send a photo from her phone...and then send a text to make it look like it was Sierra. So that kind of bothers me.

JMO

Thinking about the bag being tossed.... could the perp have brought a change of clothes to force Sierra to get into so she wouldn't be easily recognized? Poor farm worker clothing?
Perhaps the plan was to take her into Mexico, sell her...

I want to thank you for posting this. For taking the time and effort to do this... The information in your post is fantastic. Couple of questions :

The neighbor with the 5 little barky dogs. Is that the same neighbor where the path is that leads to the farm worker houses around the corner ? Would the dogs in that house be familiar with the comings and goings of the farm workers ?

The gate . I have seen a pic with it closed,but will assume that the pic was taken after Sierra went missing.If it was habitually left open, it would have been easy to get up to the house. Is there a side entrance,say a kitchen door ? Any entrance to the house which is not clearly visible to the neighbor ?
Wonder if that neighbor was home that morning ?

I get the impression that some neighbors think the workers might be involved in more than just seeking work when they are talking on their cell phones. That correct ?

Thanks again.... JMO

Your welcome.

One neighbor and his relative thought it was suspicious, another neighbor did not find it at all. He is the one that spoke of the path in the Orchard that leads to the corner of Dougherty/Scheller.

There are two iron gates at the house and on the property of Sierra's. One, between two white pillars and one on the side of the house, both electric. The one on the cul-de-sac facing the street is usually open.

The people with the tiny dogs live next door on the left if you are facing the house. It looks empty...there is an electric black gate. The same thing goes for the people on the right of her house who also have an electric gate.

again, the dogs are right next door and hang out at the iron gate. Both neighbors on both sides of SL's house keep their gates closed.

Thinking about the bag being tossed.... could the perp have brought a change of clothes to force Sierra to get into so she wouldn't be easily recognized? Poor farm worker clothing?

I think they would want to get her out of the area and then do...whatever...I really can't see them staying there, in a running or parked car, long enough for her to take off her clothes and fold them into her purse and then hiking out to hide it, etc...just awfully risky, IMO...

Yes, cluciano, I remember earlier statements too. Obviously, if Sierra is taken en route to or at the bus stop, that removes the crime from the home. On numerous accounts, she wishes to place the abduction at the stop. One example was during her passing out of fliers at the intersection. I am trying to learn when the school friend replied to the 7:11 text because it may well have been an immediate response, even before the repeatedly emphasised "7:15". Yet nothing came back.

Glad to see you over here Tuba!

BBM That is a possibility. Although a scary thought, at least she might still be alive. Is there any history of this happening in Northern CA and girls being recovered in Mexico?

[/B]

BBM That is a possibility. Although a scary thought, at least she might still be alive. Is there any history of this happening in Northern CA and girls being recovered in Mexico?

I don't know much history there is of girls being recovered from Mexico ever...anyone? Except the one young girl, who went there with her boyfriend, Chiara Grey...she was found several years later. But she wasn't taken for that sort of reason.

I think she is somewhat local still, but whether she will be found or not, is anyone's guess...if not found pretty quickly, it seems to come down to an accidental discovery, JMO.

there are too many teenagers willing to trick, they rarely snatch them off the street. They may lie, manipulate and put rose colored glasses on the girls, but I personally tend to shy away from the human trafficking that begins with a spontaneous abduction. Her internet activity will expose that more than likely if she was manipulated into going---

From what I can tell, Fisher dead ends at the end at the tracks, no way to access Monterey HWY from off Fisher. Also when looking at the search pictures the poo poo pond is definitely the one behind where the purse was found. But the buildings appear to be the ones across the street, not the ones that sit where the cactus is where the purse was found...IMHO

What if the bag was put there for the intention of throwing everyone including police off? Maybe whoever it was intended to the throw police off and make people wonder why that bag was planted there.

a local cleared up how to get to the hwy, and its a small jog off of fisher and around to the entrance ramp---

If you go the opposite way on Laguna, you end up at a trailer, from the trailer if you follow car tracks through the dirt, you end up at another isolated small retention pond, wonder if that area has been searched. That would be fast, isolated, and make sense for the dump area for the purse on the way out....Just curious....IMHO. I mean unless the person had a home planned to bring her to, they wanted isolated and close, minimal risk of being seen. IMHO

From what I can tell, Fisher dead ends at the end at the tracks, no way to access Monterey HWY from off Fisher. Also when looking at the search pictures the poo poo pond is definitely the one behind where the purse was found. But the buildings appear to be the ones across the street, not the ones that sit where the cactus is where the purse was found...IMHO

There looks like some sort of "lane" used by the trucks/equipment for the fields that runs parallel to the railroad tracks. Looks well worn but no, it's not a street.

What if the bag was put there for the intention of throwing everyone including police off? Maybe whoever it was intended to the throw police off and make people wonder why that bag was planted there.

If that was the case why not just toss it out the window while traveling in the opposite direction you plan on taking her? It appears the phone was discarded while traveling to the location where the purse was discarded.

I have scoured the area using Google and if I was committing this crime Id choose that location because its really the only location you could pull over, possibly hide behind the building, and be left a lone at least for a few minutes.

After 120 to 240 seconds SL was likely handcuffed and in the trunk. The perp then checked the bag to make sure there was nothing he wanted to keep, left it hidden and took off. I am pretty sure I know how the condoms and handcuff box ties into it all too.

I will save that for later though.

Yes it can be. Say for instance I wanted to drive 5 miles away and murder someone. I could leave my cellphone at my residence. Make the trip, commit the murder, and then return. My cellphone will then show LE I was at home. It can be deceptive, it just usually isn't. Most people, even very bright people, don't think about their phones while committing crimes.

Most vehicles made recently also have GPS on them so LE could also use that to track where someone went.

IMO

I think that the bag is a message from the perp. It wasn't that well-hidden, so it was either a red herring, or a message saying -- she's gone.

A few more things -

1) As someone mentioned, her makeup, wallet and other teenage stuff was not with the purse. Coupled that with the fact the clothes were neatly folded, this may mean that the purse was emptied and then the clothes were put in. Probably kept the other stuff as trophies.

2) The books were there, too. If it was a snatch, wouldn't the books have fallen, etc? This means she went into the car willingly, bringing her books with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahadelaide