Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #6 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the bag was put there for the intention of throwing everyone including police off? Maybe whoever it was intended to the throw police off and make people wonder why that bag was planted there.

I think if they really wanted it found they would have just tossed it in plain sight closer to the road.

I really think why they secreted it outside of the shed instead of in it is they knew the police would go through the items in the shed and were hoping they wouldnt see it wedged by the cactus.

I think that the bag is a message from the perp. It wasn't that well-hidden, so it was either a red herring, or a message saying -- she's gone.

A few more things -

1) As someone mentioned, her makeup, wallet and other teenage stuff was not with the purse. Coupled that with the fact the clothes were neatly folded, this may mean that the purse was emptied and then the clothes were put in. Probably kept the other stuff as trophies.

2) The books were there, too. If it was a snatch, wouldn't the books have fallen, etc? This means she went into the car willingly, bringing her books with her.

I do agree that 1) is very possible but the books being there too does not convince me she left willingly. The perp wouldnt leave her books just laying in the driveway. They would make sure they were tossed in the vehicle with Sierra and then toss them away elsewhere, imo.

IMO

a combination theory... all was willing, she even exited the vehicle with purse and books.. while at the building she realized she was in trouble maybe the perp concealed the items while he was hancuffing/assaulting her at location A(the building) and forgot the stuff as he was getting her to the car. (did the search dogs go to that building? or only at her house to driveway?)

eta, the books were in the driveway? the whole time i thought the bookbag and juicy purse were at the building?

eta just saw the post below mine TY THIRTEEN for being in my head)

Inside were the neatly folded pair of pants, undergarments and gray San Jose Sharks sweatshirt her family believes she may have been wearing the day she disappeared, authorities said. Also found near the bag were Sierra's schoolbooks, said Sheriff Laurie Smith, adding the purse, clothes and books were found together "wedged between a building and a big cactus" or bush.

Just so we all are clear on the details of the bag and location.

Link

Very good point, The Shoat. She did have the habit of carrying her books separately &, as you say, they would have scattered if she were yanked into the vehicle. Neither she nor the kidnapper would have been of a mind to collect them.

a combination theory... all was willing, she even exited the vehicle with purse and books.. while at the building she realized she was in trouble maybe the perp concealed the items while he was hancuffing/assaulting her at location A(the building) and forgot the stuff as he was getting her to the car. (did the search dogs go to that building? or only at her house to driveway?)

eta, the books were in the driveway? the whole time i thought the bookbag and juicy purse were at the building?

eta just saw the post below mine TY THIRTEEN for being in my head)

No. Books found with bag by the shed and cactus.

Very good point, The Shoat. She did have the habit of carrying her books separately &, as you say, they would have scattered if she were yanked into the vehicle. Neither she nor the kidnapper would have been of a mind to collect them.

Don't agree.

I think they would. They would not want anyone to see the books scattered in the driveway soon after they left. It wouldnt take but seconds to throw the books in the car along with Sierra.

If I saw schoolbooks scattered in a driveway I would immediately check to see if anyone was home and if they werent I would contact LE. That is not something normal to see. Especially in a driveway of a neat home.

IMO

Do we have any close up clear pictures of the exact cactus next to the building?

Most vehicles made recently also have GPS on them so LE could also use that to track where someone went.

IMO

You are talking about On Star and other GPS devices. Recently it was admitted by On Star and other companies such as Garmin that they do track you and keep records on your travels (even if your service is shut off). That data is then resold to other corporations. So if someone has a new enough car or uses a GPS device yes they could be tracked using it. I haven't heard of any cases recently to subpoena this data and use it though.

If that was the case why not just toss it out the window while traveling in the opposite direction you plan on taking her? It appears the phone was discarded while traveling to the location where the purse was discarded.

I have scoured the area using Google and if I was committing this crime Id choose that location because its really the only location you could pull over, possibly hide behind the building, and be left a lone at least for a few minutes.

After 120 to 240 seconds SL was likely handcuffed and in the trunk. The perp then checked the bag to make sure there was nothing he wanted to keep, left it hidden and took off. I am pretty sure I know how the condoms and handcuff box ties into it all too.

I will save that for later though.

So it was tossed in the opposite direction? A bit confused...

Don't agree.

Me either. That would be a huge red flag if school books were seen scattered in a driveway.

Teens have been abducted before and nothing was left behind if they were carrying something

And if Sierra had placed them there they would have found her scent there.

If he took Sierra to the spot where the bag was found...she would have been found there too, IMO...no way he would carry her back to his car, etc...

I can't see a female perp or accomplice hiding the bag for later-why hide it at all? Just stick it under the seat of the car or in the trunk, if you want to keep it-no one was "after them".

In fact, the only thing that makes any sense to me is the perp coming back from taking Sierra away and realizing he still has it in the car and just wanting to get it out of sight in a hurry, so he finds a desolate spot and hides it...nothing makes much sense though. I still think he would probably have gone through it, just to see what was in there, once he had time and yet it appears not, unless he re-folded her clothes, or put them in there himself. Or is was someone who knew there wouldn't be anything much in there...

I wish someone would have asked Sierra's mom or LE if she always/often sent photos of herself to her friends in the morning...especially if this was a friend she would be seeing in a few minutes. It is not like the photo displayed her outfit, which I could see a girl doing. It was just a silly face and no message, until a text afterward...

Anyone could send a photo from her phone...and then send a text to make it look like it was Sierra. So that kind of bothers me.

JMO

This too had me confused about the photo.. but after searching around I posted that the photo was sent from Sierras laptop at 6:29am.. the text was sent last from her phone at 7:11am to a friend..

Here are her last communications and their times

6:29 Sierra posts her snapshot to Twitter(from laptop)
6:32 Sierra posts to tumblr(from laptop)
7:11 Sierra sends text message from her phone

So Sierra actually posted the photo to twitter from her laptop.. .not from her phone to an individual..

So it was tossed in the opposite direction? A bit confused...

What I was saying is that the phone was tossed from the vehicle while moving away from the bus stop after the abduction. So we are headed in one direction. In that same direction the bag was found. I am saying that if you wanted to throw LE off why not drive in the other direction, discard the items, then turn around and go back the way you planned.

Seeing how both items were found in the same direction I would assume that to be the direction of travel. After the bag though we don't know the direction of travel.

It could also be where SL got into the car at the end of her driveway voluntarily for a ride to school. Things go wrong almost instantly. Phone taken, thrown out at first opportunity where perp feels safe he won't be seen tossing it, as exhibited by the map. Drives to where bag is hidden, which is close to road, yet isolated. Used as stopping point to then secure SL and hide her for travel on either a busy hiway or through town, disposes of her bag to get all evidence from any view in car. If this is the case, she could just about be anywhere. Hopefully kept alive, but anywhere...:(

If the bag was outside the building, doesn't it sound she might have taken inside it and something took place there. It's such a mess in there, perhaps things were folded and put back in her bag to keep them becoming contaminated by all the mess inside?

Thirteen, Just my opinion, but if I was an abductor, my main focus would be on getting my prey, securing my prey until I find a safe location, and disposing of evidence. I am not saying it could not be done in a different location. But, unless I was trying to confuse LE, I would just safely and cautiously go about my business of nabbing, securing, getting to safe location, destroy evidence. But that is just me....IMHO

I always thought the clothing in the bag was a extra set (call mom later and tell her she's spending the night at a friends) because I could find no reason why someone would fold and put them in there. It wouldn't be uncommon for someone to have multiple Shark shirts. LE may have mentioned the folded clothing to the public because they thought someone would come out and say, yes she had made plans for later. But, LE's wording is odd. So, I am still puzzled why her clothing would not have been left with her, bringing me to think the deed was done there or the things were left there later, if those were truly the cloths she had on that day. I don't see why the cloths would be neatly folded. The bag and books were there so why not just stuff the cloths there.

Old Steve, how do we know if its a mess in that building? I have not seen a picture shown of inside of the building with the cactus outside? If you have, can you please post me a link? TIA

I remember the police said some other personal items were in the bag, Sorry if this offends, but do you think perhaps the other personal items were tampons, and the extra set was in case of an accident. I have been known to carry extra pants and undies for security. Just curious what you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637