17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would at the very least think they would consider him a flight risk unless his legal advisors were lying yesterday and he never left the state.

I think he was already getting ready to be processed by the time that presser happened. I think it's the lawyers that were out of the loop, not everyone else.

I am impressed with the strength and resolve of both of Trayvon's parents. Since this case began, I have been driven by one thought. What if this had been MY son?

I have asked myself what would I do, where would I turn, and I know that I do not posess the resolve of Tracy Martin to rise above the base instincts of emotion. Where Tracy Martin has conducted himself in the light, I know myself well enough to know that I would remain in the darkness, constantly searching until I had found the one who had taken my soul.

I hope Trayvon's parents can find peace.

This post made me cry, Papa. Having been there, you described it perfectly. I pray for continued strength for the Martin family.

Gosh this is scarey. I have tried to remain equal untill all evidence has come out. But if the "wrong" annoucement is made it could be bad. I am in Jax and I work not very far from downtown where Corey's office is. What scares me most is the area I work is prodominetly black and high crime area. I am afraid of riots and racial tension happening.

And I need to go see my nephew who is the hospital in the same area after work.

Some of the local news from here.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Report...death/-/475880/10534442/-/boe6fe/-/index.html

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...41/17/NBC-News-George-Zimmerman-To-Be-Charged

I hope that people do realize that GZ will most likely get bond? He won't be in jail for the whole time waiting for trial. The only way he won't get bond is if he is charged with 1st degree murder (won't happen) or he is deemed a flight risk... IMO

His wacky ways with his attorneys (are they is advisors, soothsayers, phone-a-friends...I can't keep up with what he thinks they are...)
will probably insure his bond will be much higher than it might have been.

I don't know how AC's statment that she will be "updating information on the case" equates to an announcement of charges. If there are charges, she will find out who this Sr. Law enforcement source is. Then again, it could be that one of News Core hackers got the information illegally, in which case, I believe them lol.

Just had a thought. Yesterday his atty mentioned that he was working pro-bono until an indictment. Perhaps GZ found another atty that will handle the who case pro-bono, therefore no need for the original two attys?

Did Baez represent CA pro bono?

[Updated at 2:51 p.m. ET] The office of special prosecutor Angela Corey, who is investigating the Trayvon Martin shooting case, said that charges against George Zimmerman have not been filed. The office would not confirm whether the office planned to charge him, according to HLN's Josey Crews.

Earlier, CNN reported that Corey is expected to announce a decision Wednesday regarding whether she will file charges against Zimmerman, and a senior law enforcement source familiar with the Martin death investigation said that Zimmerman would be charged.

Gosh this is scarey. I have tried to remain equal untill all evidence has come out. But if the "wrong" annoucement is made it could be bad. I am in Jax and I work not very far from downtown where Corey's office is. What scares me most is the area I work is prodominetly black and high crime area. I am afraid of riots and racial tension happening.

And I need to go see my nephew who is the hospital in the same area after work.

Some of the local news from here.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Report...death/-/475880/10534442/-/boe6fe/-/index.html

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...41/17/NBC-News-George-Zimmerman-To-Be-Charged

JMO, I don't think you have any reason to worry that GZ will not be charged.

I would at the very least think they would consider him a flight risk unless his legal advisors were lying yesterday and he never left the state.

I thought someone at the press conference did consider GZ to be a flight risk if his legal advisors didn't know where he was?

Wonder if he's getting donations for bail money in his Paypal account.

[Updated at 2:51 p.m. ET] The office of special prosecutor Angela Corey, who is investigating the Trayvon Martin shooting case, said that charges against George Zimmerman have not been filed. The office would not confirm whether the office planned to charge him, according to HLN's Josey Crews.

Earlier, CNN reported that Corey is expected to announce a decision Wednesday regarding whether she will file charges against Zimmerman, and a senior law enforcement source familiar with the Martin death investigation said that Zimmerman would be charged.

Are they retracting? :waitasec:

I've thought about that too. He'll get arrested, charged and perhaps given bond. If he makes bond, then what? This case is out of the news cycle for awhile until the some docs show up.

He'll get out on bond and go back into hiding, imo. Then we have to wait. Hopefully his lawyer won't talk him into giving up his right to a speedy trial or we could be here for years and years waiting for this case to be resolved.

What is happening now is what she have happened 44 days ago. He is going to be arrested and charged and then it will be decided how it is supposed to be decided. That is all Trayvon's family wanted and frankly it is what Trayvon deserves and what everyone deserves when things like this happen.

This case warranted charges that night. If Trayvon's family had not taken it to this to the level it needed to be taken... charges would have never been filed. Trayvon's parents did what any parent would do when they know their child's death was not warranted.

Now... I do hope things calm down. I hope that Trayvon's parents can really start to grieve the loss of their son and not have to hear all the trash they have had to listen to.

This case has never been about gun rights... it's about human rights.

I thought someone at the press conference did consider GZ to be a flight risk if his legal advisors didn't know where he was?

But then he is kinda covered since he said they're not his attorneys...?
I wouldn't think anybody is under any obligation to report his whereabouts to any random attorneys who are not representing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooby-Doo