17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated at 2:51 p.m. ET] The office of special prosecutor Angela Corey, who is investigating the Trayvon Martin shooting case, said that charges against George Zimmerman have not been filed. The office would not confirm whether the office planned to charge him, according to HLN's Josey Crews.

Earlier, CNN reported that Corey is expected to announce a decision Wednesday regarding whether she will file charges against Zimmerman, and a senior law enforcement source familiar with the Martin death investigation said that Zimmerman would be charged.

She is supposed to announce it at 6:00 est. But why are some the news stations announcing he will be charged, hope they' re not getting it wrong.

Are they retracting? :waitasec:

I don't think they're retracting - the source was always some one unnamed, published in the Washington post. Then every other news media started quoting that original breaking news.

Corey has never said they're filing charges, some leak said it - but it could still very well be true.

I'm betting he's already in somewhere being processed. It just doesn't make sense that this prosecutor would allow losing control of the situation with a big crowd of onlookers and media trying to rush in for video and photos. She just seems far too patient and in control than to risk that kind of a scene.

jmo, moo, etc.
It's interesting that the Special Prosecutor's press conference will be in Jacksonville. Last night with the discussion about what GZ's ex-attorneys said, I wondered if GZ might be somewhere in Georgia or up the east coast.

If GZ turns (has turned?) himself in at some facility in Jacksonville, that would be good - get the hoopla OUT of Sanford and let the situation defuse there.

I just hope everyone remains calm - as Sabryna Fulton and Tracy Martin family have asked. :please:

If they do a gag order we want. Will we?

I don't think a gag order would trump the Sunshine Laws? It would just keep the lawyers/witnesses from talking publicly about what is released? We need a lawyer to answer that one?

She is supposed to announce it at 6:00 est. But why are some the news stations announcing he will be charged, hope they' re not getting it wrong.

I think that's exactly it. They're publishing, based on NBC and the Washington Post, and they're hoping they've gotten it right.

Probably they have, actually, but I don't think Walter Chronkite would have published this yet.

I hope that people do realize that GZ will most likely get bond? He won't be in jail for the whole time waiting for trial. The only way he won't get bond is if he is charged with 1st degree murder (won't happen) or he is deemed a flight risk... IMO

A reasonable person in his situation might prefer to stay in custody for his own safety. I have my doubts about GZ being a reasonable person, though.

JMHO

LOL ! I had out patient surgery this morning, I tried rushing my Dr. through it because I thought I'd miss something ! I couldn't wait to get home ! Thank God he gave me pain killers :floorlaugh:

Hope you are OK, and thankfully you made it home in time for the 5-6 press conference.

:getwell:

I just don't think I can bear it if there is not justice for Trayvon, his parents, his big brother, and his little soon-to-be brother.

What a difference in this PC and the lawyers for GZ yesterday afternoon! What grace and resolve!

My heart breaks for the parents.

Wait... who's pregnant??

If GZ turns (has turned?) himself in at some facility in Jacksonville, that would be good - get the hoopla OUT of Sanford and let the situation defuse there.

That would be best no doubt, but why the baracades in the Sandord Jail?

He'll get out on bond and go back into hiding, imo. Then we have to wait. Hopefully his lawyer won't talk him into giving up his right to a speedy trial or we could be here for years and years waiting for this case to be resolved.

What is happening now is what she have happened 44 days ago. He is going to be arrested and charged and then it will be decided how it is supposed to be decided. That is all Trayvon's family wanted and frankly it is what Trayvon deserves and what everyone deserves when things like this happen.

This case warranted charges that night. If Trayvon's family had not taken it to this to the level it needed to be taken... charges would have never been filed. Trayvon's parents did what any parent would do when they know their child's death was not warranted.

Now... I do hope things calm down. I hope that Trayvon's parents can really start to grieve the loss of their son and not have to hear all the trash they have had to listen to.

This case has never been about gun rights... it's about human rights.

I just hope and pray he doesn't become another Casey Anthony and get special treatment like she continues to get. I will spit nails if that happens!

I wouldn't mind a gag order as long as it didn't interfere with my Doc. Dumps!

To me it's a no brainer.......they sure don't want to look like anything is being kept quite. There's been enough of that already!

SP seems to play cards very close though. That would lead me to be lieve she may request a gag order, but unlikely.

I just hope and pray he doesn't become another Casey Anthony and get special treatment like she continues to get. I will spit nails if that happens!

IF he doesn't get bond, which I think he will get bond, he will not be put in General Population.

I don't think anyone is retracting what's been reported. I think AC wants to clear up the notion that charges have already been filed amid speculation to that effect. :moo:

Wonder if he's getting donations for bail money in his Paypal account.

You know something Donjeta, a few days ago I would probably have answered yes there's lots of people who will support him. I'm certain there will still be, but....

I have looked at the specifics of this case with a microscope for many, many hours. I think there is much we haven't learned yet, and much that will come out that will even change some of his supporter's minds about Mr. Zimmerman.

Very little would surprise me, but let's simply say I am very very anxious to finally know the specifics of two things, the body location, and the direction/trajectory of the bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member