17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that George seemed to be "projecting" his fears onto anyone he saw walking around his . . . what would call it . . . territory, perhaps?

What George had were strong opinions about people, but that didn't make them true, or we wouldn't be here talking about Trayvon.

And just because there was some other guy who lived there that George was right about (as per the story by Frank Taaffe on Jane Velez-Mitchell) and who was eventually arrested, didn't mean that George had some type of sixth sense about perpetrators, especially when they weren't actually doing anything illegal.

I'm honestly surprised that people didn't complain to either Neighborhood Watch or the Neighborhood Association. I bet we hear eventually that they did, but George had friends there who took up for him.

They DID....that came out at the very beginning from someone in the HOA. There had been a recent meeting where complaints were made about Zimmerman and his overly aggressive behavior and sending repeated emails about young black males, etc. So much that one young black male said he was afraid to leave his home because he "fit" the profile that GZ kept emailing to residents. I believe it was a video interview from early on in the case, so I don't know if it is still available anywhere.

jmo

Trayvon Martin Case 'A Tragedy We Are All Struggling To Understand,' Says Eric Holder
Posted: 04/11/2012 1:31 pm Updated: 04/11/2012 6:39 pm

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder on Wednesday called the killing of Trayvon Martin a "tragedy that we are all struggling to understand," and said that the Justice Department will act decisively if it finds evidence that the teen's civil rights were criminally violated.

"Many of you are greatly -- and rightly -- concerned about the recent shooting death of Trayvon Martin, a young man whose future has been lost to the ages," said Holder during the opening session of the Rev. Al Sharpton's annual National Action Network convention. "If we find evidence of a potential federal criminal civil rights crime, we will take appropriate action, and at every step, the facts and law will guide us forward."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...ic-holder_n_1418003.html?ref=george-zimmerman

The investigation isn't over yet...There is still the possibility of a Federal Civil Rights violation charge...he will be charged accordingly...I believe GZ did this to himself...his mentality, his biases, prejudices, his anger issues will all come under fire...I can't wait for a psychological to be done..

Also happy his weapon will most likely be confiscated and his CWP torn up and thown in the garbage...:jail:

Speaking of O'Mara.. Anyone think there is a hint of a Massachusetts accent? I'm trying to figure out where he may hail from originally? JMHO

IDK where he hails from but IMO he sounds like the Dr for the prosecution in the CA trial. I can't remember his name but he had a charming accent.

moo

wm

They DID....that came out at the very beginning from someone in the HOA. There had been a recent meeting where complaints were made about Zimmerman and his overly aggressive behavior and sending repeated emails about young black males, etc. So much that one young black male said he was afraid to leave his home because he "fit" the profile that GZ kept emailing to residents. I believe it was a video interview from early on in the case, so I don't know if it is still available anywhere.

jmo

If anyone has a link to that, I would really love to see it. It is super relevant and interesting info.

I was just being a smart arse. :D Maybe it was for necessities such as toothpaste, soap, etc. IDK

Don't know....but $80 is A LOT of soap and toothpaste for someone who expects to be out on bond within less that 24 hours of booking......

jmo

JMO/IMO,etc
And once again this appears to get back to a rogue condo board. Had they been supervising a real neighborhood watch, listening carefully to complaints of condo owners, GZ would have been stopped immediately.

Condominiums have attorneys. Most condo boards know it is their duty to ask their attorney promptly about anything that could be a risk to the board, owners, association, assets or reserves. It basically means you email/call them frequently.

Obviously I feel sorrow for the victim in this case, Trayvon Martin, who was murdered in such a cruel way. I feel great compassion for the pain and grief that his dear parents and family will feel for the rest of their lives.

I also feel badly for the condo owners who had no real idea of how the actions of GZ would affect them, financially. They probably trusted their board. Their board opted to endorse and encourage a volunteer armed patrolman. I don't believe he was bonded and insured. He played by his own rules, and we know the result.
Those owners probably would like to tell their board,
"Gee, thanks for nothing."

The problem is that George seemed to be "projecting" his fears onto anyone he saw walking around his . . . what would call it . . . territory, perhaps?

What George had were strong opinions about people, but that didn't make them true, or we wouldn't be here talking about Trayvon.

And just because there was some other guy who lived there that George was right about (as per the story by Frank Taaffe on Jane Velez-Mitchell) and who was eventually arrested, didn't mean that George had some type of sixth sense about perpetrators, especially when they weren't actually doing anything illegal.

I'm honestly surprised that people didn't complain to either Neighborhood Watch or the Neighborhood Association. I bet we hear eventually that they did, but George had friends there who took up for him.

I think there is at least one if not more who did officially complain and were ignored by the HOA, and possibly told police before this murder occurred. Not sure.

Don't know....but $80 is A LOT of soap and toothpaste for someone who expects to be out on bond within less that 24 hours of booking......

Maybe he bought jalapeno cheese dip or hot peanuts like CA used to do all the time. :floorlaugh:

Trayvon Martin’s mother Sybrina Fulton told the TODAY show Thursday that she believes her son’s fatal shooting by George Zimmerman was an accident.

“I believe it was an accident, I believe that it just got out of control and he couldn’t turn the clock back," she said.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...s-she-thinks-his-killing-was-an-accident?lite

THAT's interesting. So she doesn't believe either that it was premeditated or at least planned for, in the sense that he was setting up the situation in case he decided he had to shoot to stop the guy.

Well, I guess that fits with the second-degree charge. And it also helps defuse the situation and helps Trayvon's supporters appear reasonable.

JMO

I have heard that this isn't a bondable offense and then also heard that it is a $15,000 bondable offense.

Trayvon Martin’s mother Sybrina Fulton told the TODAY show Thursday that she believes her son’s fatal shooting by George Zimmerman was an accident.

“I believe it was an accident, I believe that it just got out of control and he couldn’t turn the clock back," she said.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...s-she-thinks-his-killing-was-an-accident?lite

What????!!!! I don't understand this, because I don't think it was an accident, but Trayvon's mother does?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosebud79922