17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always believed that gz already had his gun out as he was following trayvon. I think thats why the murder charge. All imo

They DID....that came out at the very beginning from someone in the HOA. There had been a recent meeting where complaints were made about Zimmerman and his overly aggressive behavior and sending repeated emails about young black males, etc. So much that one young black male said he was afraid to leave his home because he "fit" the profile that GZ kept emailing to residents. I believe it was a video interview from early on in the case, so I don't know if it is still available anywhere.

jmo

I remember the story about the dispute at the HOA - apparently one resident was removed from the meeting by LE. But I'm not finding that story.

I did find this:

Teontae Ami, who also lives in the Retreat at Twin Lakes community, said very few black teenagers like himself live in the neighborhood.

Teontae, 17, said he and a close friend who is black would sit at the end of a driveway in the evening and felt uncomfortable when Zimmerman would pass them on a neighborhood patrol.

They used to greet him, but he never responded, Teontae said.

"I think he took his job too seriously," Teontae said, referring to Zimmerman's watch patrols. A student, Teontae said his friend was once confronted by Zimmerman, who accused him of stealing a bike.

"I don't want to call it a black thing, but it sure seemed like it," said Teontae, who said the bike was never stolen.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/os-trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-20120320,0,2238687.story?page=1

Quote:
ZIMMERMAN: When the dispatcher said we know longer need you to do that, and George acknowledged OK. He no longer knew where Trayvon was. So he continued walking down the sidewalk directly in front of him to the next street to get an address. He got an address

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannit...#ixzz1rpcFDhlK

BBM...

Didn't the dispatcher say 'We don't need you to do that'? not 'We no longer need you to do that'. Right?

Ima

Yup. He shoved his 2 yr old brother into a shelf and fractured his skull.His mom, who abused and tortured him all of his life, refused to take the 2 yr old in for medical help. That assured it was a death and not just an injury. And this 12 yr old is probably going to get LIFE in prison. But as the prosecutor says, The law is the law, and it is not her job to be compassionate here. Oh well.

Can't imagine causing a skull fracture against a bookcase. I would be suspicious that the younger child already had a fracture and it was worsened somehow. If I were on the jury, I would have my serious doubts. Is this case followed on WS? Thanks

I may be wrong, but didn't the dispatcher ask GZ near what address he saw TM?

GZ did not know the exact address, when on the phone.

Thanks. That does, however, present somewhat of a conundrum for me.

ZIMMERMAN: When the dispatcher said we know longer need you to do that, and George acknowledged OK. He no longer knew where Trayvon was. So he continued walking down the sidewalk directly in front of him to the next street to get an address. He got an address.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hanni...-trayvon-martin-shooting?page=2#ixzz1rpcFDhlK

911 dispatcher:

Are you following him? [2:24]

Zimmerman:

Yeah. [2:25]

911 dispatcher:

OK.

We don’t need you to do that. [2:26]

911 dispatcher:

Alright, what address are you parked in front of? [3:21]

Zimmerman:

Um, I don’t know. It’s a cut-through so I don’t know the address. [3:25]

Any thoughts on how George knew at [2:26] the dispatcher was even gonna ask for an address 55 seconds LATER at [3:21]?

Or why, after getting the address as Mr. Zimmerman stated, George still said he didn’t know the address at [3:25]?

I think people should watch Rashomon whenever they follow a case. I don't think there is one truth. Everyone involved sees and hears things through their own prism of perspective. So, we never get an ultimate truth just a facisimile of a replica and something is lost in the transcribing process.

Who/what is Rashomon? Thanks

You need to read more than one article about the Christian Fernandez case, he also has charges pending against him for raping his other 5 year old half brother. His mother has already pled guilty of manslaughter. There is more to the CF case than one article can explain.

Thanks for this post. I know he's only 12, but this child is clearly dangerous and he shouldn't be allowed back into society. We shouldn't have to hope and pray that he's rehabilitated when he's possibly released at 21. How many times have we heard about dangerous individuals being given parole and early releases only to hear later that they've gone back out into the world to commit WORSE crimes?

To keep it on topic, if GZ had been properly punished after assaulting a police officer, chasing after suspects and domestic violence issues, we might not be here on Websleuths talking about the murder of Trayvon Martin. When people aren't properly punished, their crimes often escalate. GZ is a perfect example of that.

MOO

Or his attorney might find it easier to stay in contact with GZ if he is under lock and key. None of that pesky cell phone "out of range, dropped call" stuff. :winko:

GZ was a free man - and he turned himself in.
So NO I do not think that is the reason at all - I think it is a question of safty.

Does anyone know how many bullets the gun that GZ used to kill Travon holds? TIA I don't know alot about firearms other than bb guns and shot guns. :D

wm

I think he had made in his mind a certain profile of criminals in the neighborhood, saw someone that fit that profile, and was intent on stopping any criminal action from occurring. He was so focused on criminals and crime that it never occurred to him that this could just be some kid walking home from the store. If anything, he had the intent to stop anyone that was going to commit a crime in his neighborhood, even if it meant shooting and killing a criminal. That is the problem I see here. It wasn't Trayvon in particular, it could have been anyone with a hoodie on, walking through that neighborhood late at night.

His biggest problem is that if someone, anyone, fits his idea of a criminal, then he automatically assumes that person is a criminal, and it's okay to use to deadly force if necessary on that person. That, to me, is malicious intent on anyone who happens to fit his profile, and that is very scary to me. It's generous and kind that Trayon's mom thinks it was an accident, but to me, it wasn't. Once he made up his mind that he saw a criminal in his neighbhorhood, it was game on to stop that criminal at any cost. And it's even scarier that he's rationalized what he did so quickly, and has just wanted it to blow over. Being a criminal doesn't mean someone deserves to be shot and killed. And the saddest part is, Trayvon wasn't even a criminal.

I agree, but I was able to catch the segment of R. Zimmerman late last night and I think that he could justify it because that seems to be the way his family handles things. THEY don't bear any responsibility and will not assign any responsibility to any of their family members. RZ actually had the nerve to say that none of this would have happened if TM had just gone home. It did not seem to occur to him that Trayvon had every right to be out walking around. Same thing when asked if he had anything to say to Trayvons family, the most sympathetic thing he could muster was that there are no winners, and then went on to detail the woes his family has suffered. I find it appalling, justification seems to be a family trait. IMO JMHO and stuff

But unless Trayvon went into a house, they would not need an exact address unless they were actually expecting him to stand still at that address and wait for them. The name of the street and a general idea of how far down the street or on what sidewalk would do. Do we really think that our neighborhood watch guy who patrolls diligently would not know the names of the three streets in his neighborhood? IMO JMHO and stuff.
That makes sense but when on the phone he was asked...
I imagine that both the dispatcher and any watchmen would know that
a building address is not needed?
:waitasec:

This attorney, O'Mara, really impresses me.
I really like him.

I think he will stick with self defense/SYG to fight this.

The problem is that George seemed to be "projecting" his fears onto anyone he saw walking around his . . . what would call it . . . territory, perhaps?

What George had were strong opinions about people, but that didn't make them true, or we wouldn't be here talking about Trayvon.

And just because there was some other guy who lived there that George was right about (as per the story by Frank Taaffe on Jane Velez-Mitchell) and who was eventually arrested, didn't mean that George had some type of sixth sense about perpetrators, especially when they weren't actually doing anything illegal.

I'm honestly surprised that people didn't complain to either Neighborhood Watch or the Neighborhood Association. I bet we hear eventually that they did, but George had friends there who took up for him.

I would think GZ had other medical problems as well.

Does anyone know how many bullets the gun that GZ used to kill Travon holds? TIA I don't know alot about firearms other than bb guns and shot guns. :D

wm

I'm not sure but I seem to remember only 1 was missing. IIRC.

This defendant is the youngest person to ever be charged as an adult with murder in Jacksonville, Florida.
He is 12 years old.
If convicted, could spend the rest of his life in prison. His name is Cristian Fernandez.
“Yes, I have compassion for Cristian Fernandez, but it's not my job to forgive,” says Florida State Attorney Angela Corey. “It's my job to follow the law."

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...fernandezs-case-sparks-outrage/#ixzz1rntBKCIw

well I have no use for her - “Yes, I have compassion for Cristian Fernandez, but it's not my job to forgive" - No but maybe it's her job to understand and to take into consideration the circumstances

The problem is that George seemed to be "projecting" his fears onto anyone he saw walking around his . . . what would call it . . . territory, perhaps?

What George had were strong opinions about people, but that didn't make them true, or we wouldn't be here talking about Trayvon.

And just because there was some other guy who lived there that George was right about (as per the story by Frank Taaffe on Jane Velez-Mitchell) and who was eventually arrested, didn't mean that George had some type of sixth sense about perpetrators, especially when they weren't actually doing anything illegal.

I'm honestly surprised that people didn't complain to either Neighborhood Watch or the Neighborhood Association. I bet we hear eventually that they did, but George had friends there who took up for him.

BBM

When Taaffe (Ugh, what a repugnant man!) first told that story during one of his first stellar appearances on HLN, it sounded very contrived. I don't think it is true, in fact, at the time it didn't sound like there was a "thwarted" robbery at FT's house, just GZ's active imagination at work. MOO.

Murder with a Depraved Mind
Murder with a Depraved Mind occurs when a person is killed, without any premeditated design, by an act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind showing no regard for human life.

The primary distinction between Premeditated First Degree Murder and Second Degree Murder with a Depraved Mind is that First Degree Murder requires a specific and premeditated intent to kill.
http://www.richardhornsby.com/crimes/homicide/second-degree-murder.html

To prove second degree murder, a prosecutor must show that the defendant acted according to a "depraved mind" without regard for human life. Florida state laws permit the prosecution of second degree murder when the killing lacked premeditation or planning, but the defendant acted with enmity toward the victim or the two had an ongoing interaction or relationship. Unlike first degree murder, second degree murder does not necessarily require proof of the defendant's intent to kill.
http://law.findlaw.com/state-laws/se...urder/florida/

Thanks. That does, however, present somewhat of a conundrum for me.

Any thoughts on how George knew at [2:26] the dispatcher was even gonna ask for an address 55 seconds LATER at [3:21]?

Or why, after getting the address as Mr. Zimmerman stated, George still said he didn’t know the address at [3:25]?

Wow, really great piece of sleuthing there Papa, that kinda blows his I was getting an address statement to kindom come....When you lay it out like that it looks like a LIE...IMO JMHO and stuff.

Wow, really great piece of sleuthing there Papa, that kinda blows his I was getting an address statement to kindom come....When you lay it out like that it looks like a LIE...IMO JMHO and stuff.

Anyone who has ever called 911 knows they need an address. And George had called 46 times that year.

It would be astonishing if he couldn't have predicted they would require an exact address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member