TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we dont knowthat she did so i think till we do it would be nicer to think she didnt.

That make any sense?

And i dont think she walked out of that house willingly with him!
They also said they fought for their lives!

Its all so sad!

JMO

Well it might be nicer but clearly there are a lot of rumors floating around. I don't think anyone is saying that she walked out willingly. But I think Nancy also misinterpreted the victims suffering great bodily injury as "they fought for their lives." I don't see any scratches on AM in the video of him buying a soda, so the "great bodily injury" could all be one sided and doesn't indicate victims were "fighting for their lives."

Im not sure what you are referring to, but in my post "momma" meant AM's mom
Just saying that Jo Ann Bain cannot defend herself. Anyone who feels the need to bash her, ought to think how they would feel if their own name were being addressed in this manner.

That's all.

According to court documents, Adam Mayes kidnapped the victims, then he and his ex-wife drove a rented trailer, with the victims in it, from Tennessee to Mississippi.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/mississippi/mayes-added-to-state%27s-most-wanted-list-rpt-20120508

Friday, the bodies of Joann Bain and her 14-year-old daughter were found buried in a shallow grave behind the Mississippi home Mayes lived in with his parents and ex-wife.

In the rented trailer, the FBI found property belonging to the 8 and 12-year-old missing Bain girls. They believe the 2 girls are with Mayes and are still alive.

They drove them in a rented trailer??
This gets sicker by the minute!
Is it that blue trailer in the photos or what?

Just saying that Jo Ann Bain cannot defend herself. Anyone who feels the need to bash her, ought to think how they would feel if their own name were being addressed in this manner.

That's all.

I see what you were referring to now -- and I agree totally!

Hello All,
I have been reading posts for a while and decided to finally join. So here is my first post...
I read in another post that at least one of the daughters mentioned that she was dying her hair. It seems she had some clue a change of appearance was coming up. What are the chances AM and TM had convinced the younger 2 to run away with them? Promise a young kid no rules, no homework, maybe a pony... TM shows up at the house to help AM and the 2 younger kids "escape" and somehow the 14yr old and mom are alerted. Now AM has to take them too. There is also the possibility that the 14 yr old sees the 2 younger leaving with AM and alerts Mom. They both get in JB's car to chase/follow AM and the 2 younger. He pulls over and takes them too. Since they aren't the target and can't be convinced to run away also, they are then killed. He hangs out just long enough to dish out false info to cops and get a feel for their take on the case and then he splits apparently deciding to leave his wife behind.

Obviously speculation, but I am stuck on the hair dying comment and why Mom and 14yr old are killed.

What's Nancy basing her adamant refusal that there was never any relationship btwn JB and AM?? As someone posted upthread even if there was a relationship(present or past) it in no way makes it any less horrific.. But I certainly do not get Nancy adamantly stating details that IMO she hasn't a clue about.. Who knows.. Just thankful for her giving the case national coverage cuz there's no telling where this "man" is at by now with these little girls!?!

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

A statement was made here and misquoted what nancy said

I just chimed in saying she didnt believe JB had a relationship with AM when this other post said NG said she DID have a relationsip.

LOL

Lets move along shall we?

:banghead:

Thats all nothing ore nothing less i was answering anothe rpost!

That's all.

???
I read back thru the posts and haven't seen a one calling JoAnn names or speaking ill of her.

Adam's mom and ex-wife, OTOH, well, there have been lots of harsh words used on them and deservedly so.

JoAnn is a victim and deserving of our respect, I totally agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She said that there is no way she had a relationship with this guy!

they were talking about JB maybe running off with him and nancy said
NO WAY!

She made that perfectly very clear!

I dont like NG but thats what she said!

Marc Klass said all the truckers should be looking for this guy they can find him if hes out there!

I take what she says with a grain of salt, a Giant grain. (meaning Nancy Grace). I believe she could have had a relationship with him. Lets face it, we all can be taken my a man. We don't go on looks or we shouldn't. I have met some very ugly men that were wonderful, and also some real great clean cut ones that were . NG was just putting her spin on it. I believe JB was a good woman. I am very angry at what this man (monster) has done to her and her family. I could google it, but does Tennessee and Mississippi have the death penalty? What about Florida? Just curious?

On second thought... depends on what you consider controlling and abusive. For example, him having that much enmeshment with JoAnn's family might have been against his wife's wishes, but it was his way or the highway. And if he kept a gun on him all the time, he may have been quite intimidating.

It just seems strange that sooooo many people say he was so nice and friendly and helpful, but his wife says he was abusive. People usually notice that and don't think you're so nice anymore... but he seemed to keep different people strung along by various means.

And he did end up killing 2 people... so maybe he was an abuser.

Some abusers are incredibly slick about concealing the abuse from outsiders. They are usually the ones who are never caught or even revealed because they are practising a form of gaslighting against their victim: "no one will ever believe you because everyone thinks I am a good guy."

John Fedders (chief of enforcement at the Securities and Exchange Commission until 1985) would be the poster boy for this type of abuser.

Hello All,
I have been reading posts for a while and decided to finally join. So here is my first post...
I read in another post that at least one of the daughters mentioned that she was dying her hair. It seems she had some clue a change of appearance was coming up. What are the chances AM and TM had convinced the younger 2 to run away with them? Promise a young kid no rules, no homework, maybe a pony... TM shows up at the house to help AM and the 2 younger kids "escape" and somehow the 14yr old and mom are alerted. Now AM has to take them too. There is also the possibility that the 14 yr old sees the 2 younger leaving with AM and alerts Mom. They both get in JB's car to chase/follow AM and the 2 younger. He pulls over and takes them too. Since they aren't the target and can't be convinced to run away also, they are then killed. He hangs out just long enough to dish out false info to cops and get a feel for their take on the case and then he splits apparently deciding to leave his wife behind.

Obviously speculation, but I am stuck on the hair dying comment and why Mom and 14yr old are killed.

:welcome: The dying the hair comment is odd. It does sound like something was up beforehand. Which one had the dying hair comment, I never saw that, but saw it posted here earlier.
I'm not sure if the girls would go away for any presents, etc. They looked like a happy family. Moo

That's all.

I fully agree.... Did not see anyone bash her, but if they did its totally inappropriate...IMHO

Hello All,

It was the 14yo who said she was going to dye her hair. I don't think she was up for going with AM, she left her cell phone and all her possessions behind, and she ended up deceased. I think now that might just be a coincidence, although at one time I wondered the same thing.

It does appear that the Bain family (all or in part) were transported TO MS in the rental trailer when they were abducted from TN. One of the MSM articles said that Adam Mayes and Gary Bain were supposed to move some items to Arizona on the following day.

:welcome: The dying the hair comment is odd. It does sound like something was up beforehand. Which one had the dying hair comment, I never saw that, but saw it posted here earlier.
I'm not sure if the girls would go away for any presents, etc. They looked like a happy family. Moo

If I recall correctly; AB posted this on her FB page...
maybe someone else remembers?

This "trailer" business is so confusing. What exactly is a trailer? A travel trailer is a fifth wheel, and he could live in that thing for ages. There are also various types of storage trailers, including livestock trailers.

When I first read about a rented trailer, I thought that was a reference to the blue trailer that was at the house. And I thought AM and TM had been living in the blue trailer next to AM's parents' house.

And I swear I read earlier today or Monday that police had removed a large tarp and a small tarp from a trailer.

I am very curious to know what date tht AM was initially interviewed and admitted to his being the last to see JB and her daughters.. We know GB reported them missing that very day, 4/27.. I'm very curious to know exactly when they interviewed AM?? IMO its likely to have been after he'd already killed JB and AB.. From the affidavit both mom and wife state that they saw AM dig the graves on 4/27.. IMO very likely indicating both JB/AB were dead at this time.. So it certainly appears as tho it was very likely that by the time they interviewed him(date and time unknown) could have been he'd already murdered them.. I believe that he was interviewed back in Hardeman Co.(not stating as fact tho)and that it was local LE that interviewed him as in th affidavit it states that at which time the TBI wanted to interview him that is when he fled.. I very much question where the two youngest were and feel it likely they were possibly with TM as well.. She seems to have been a very active participant in this entire horrific crime and hope she gets the book thrown at her!!!.. No deals!!

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

It was the 14yo who said she was going to dye her hair. I don't think she was up for going with AM, she left her cell phone and all her possessions behind, and she ended up deceased. I think now that might just be a coincidence, although at one time I wondered the same thing.

She just had her bellybutton pierced too so I can see the hair dying being another step in her defining herself and not related to the kidnapping. I think she and Joann were too independent/confident for AM. Moo

If I recall correctly; AB posted this on her FB page...
maybe someone else remembers?

A friend of Adrienne's was quoted in an article saying that Adrienne had said she might dye her hair that upcoming weekend.

Nancy Grace said....

I do NOT believe Joann had any type of relationship with this man!

She was adamant about that!

Go listen to it again!

She said the fact that she fought for her childrens lives says she was not in a relationship with this man!

Yes...I heard exactly what she said. I just don't buy it.

I think its very possible that Joann had some type of relationship with Mayes. His wife has indicated that she felt they were having an affair.....and Gary said, "Come home, we'll work it out," so he felt something might be going on as well. I am not saying that this is a fact, just that its POSSIBLE. It would explain a lot.

Perhaps it allowed Mayes to get even closer to the family and to these girls. Even LE wavered in the beginning of this case, thinking it was possible Joann left willingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PCook77