TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the 14yo who said she was going to dye her hair. I don't think she was up for going with AM, she left her cell phone and all her possessions behind, and she ended up deceased. I think now that might just be a coincidence, although at one time I wondered the same thing.

I'm confused a little. At one point, i thought it was said that Joann and her family were "close"...good friends w/ Adam. And that he also was an ex boyfriend of hers. People were even saying on here that they might have been bringing the girls to school together that day?
What i'm trying to say is why now are people saying there is no way they would go anywhere w/ him? I mean if he was a close friend, why wouldn't they? I don't mean run away w/ him. But easy enough to get in a car all together with him. Does that make sense?
Also, has it been said how Joann and her oldest daughter were killed? With a gun? Or any other way? I was just curious what he was using to kidnap the whole family with, etc.
Like...."get in the back of the trailer" and they just go? Or were they threatned w/ a weapon and killed w/ it?
It's all so scary and so unbelievably sad. :(

I was at work tonight and saw a man that looked like AM come in with a young girl. Blonde hair with pink. Looked like one of the girls, but I don't think they'd be up north by Chicago.

I think that JB and AB suffocated in that trailer if that is how they were take to Guntown. The LE said the bodies were badly decomposed, so if that happened the skin would melt off in a case of smothering to death in a trailer with no ventilation. And it has been super humid here in the south. I do not live far from the Mississippi and Tennessee state lines. And AM and his family are not the smartest, so I doubt they would realize that suffocation would occur. I just hope this ends soon and he kills himself and they find the other two girls safe.

I don't recall LE ever saying the bodies were badly decomposed.

I was at work tonight and saw a man that looked like AM come in with a young girl. Blonde hair with pink. Looked like one of the girls, but I don't think they'd be up north by Chicago.

I think that JB and AB suffocated in that trailer if that is how they were take to Guntown. The LE said the bodies were badly decomposed, so if that happened the skin would melt off in a case of smothering to death in a trailer with no ventilation. And it has been super humid here in the south. I do not live far from the Mississippi and Tennessee state lines. And AM and his family are not the smartest, so I doubt they would realize that suffocation would occur. I just hope this ends soon and he kills himself and they find the other two girls safe.

OT --- These two posts freaked me out b/c one talks about being in Chicago and the other about being close to the MS/TN state line. With the same avatar, I was thinking it was the same WSer...:waitasec:... I kept thinking, "Houston, we've got a problem." I finally noticed the different names. :seeya:

Well it might be nicer but clearly there are a lot of rumors floating around. I don't think anyone is saying that she walked out willingly. But I think Nancy also misinterpreted the victims suffering great bodily injury as "they fought for their lives." I don't see any scratches on AM in the video of him buying a soda, so the "great bodily injury" could all be one sided and doesn't indicate victims were "fighting for their lives."

This is jmo, but I can't even watch Nancy Grace because she is always rudely interrupting and truly shooting off at the mouth. I would not trust her to be stating facts. Moo, but she is obnoxious.....even if she means well.

I just watched the video again from Memphis news, and it says they were transported from Tenn. to Miss. in the trailer. So I am thinking the U haul. Not a good place to be on a humid southern day

It says the bodies were decomposing. Which any body is going to do after death.

The bodies were said to have been buried for several days. I don't know which articles because this was a few threads back. But it was discussed. The hole was dug on the 27th and bodies not found till the 4th. IIRC

So she knew WHO had been killed, WHEN they had been killed and WHERE they were buried.
Yet told her sister to call the cops on her own "abusive and controlling husband."

I'm glad that she went to the cops, but she EASILY could have cost two little girls their lives by waiting.
By the time she told them, they were already digging anyway. Exactly when did she get this information?

They didn't issue the Amber Alert until they found the bodies.
If they had found the bodies earlier, the Amber Alert would have been issued earlier.
If this sister had called the cops immediately that Amber Alert could have been issued how much earlier?

There is NO excuse for just telling your sister to report her "abusive and controlling" husband for a double homicide.

You do it yourself. :twocents:

I think it is very, very difficult to turn a relative you love in to the police, knowing that it will end in an arrest for the relative.

For example, it took David Kaczynski a couple weeks to finally go to the FBI with his suspicion that his brother, Ted Kaczynski, wrote the Unabomber's manifesto. He and Ted had not been in close touch for many years but it was still terribly difficult for David to turn his brother in.

In the Kaczynski case, part of David's terrible dilemma was that he knew that his brother could receive the death penalty. He attempted to negotiate with the FBI to take the death penalty off the table before he turned him in and thought the FBI had (David was double crossed).

In other less dramatic cases, relatives have shown the same hesitation. They are caught between two strong forces: the desire to do the right thing and their love of their family member.

Also, I think it's pretty well known that if someone turns themself in, the consequences are often less harsh than if someone else turns them in.

If it were my brother or sister, I hope I would do the right thing. But I can't say for sure I would unless I am placed in that situation.

I do firmly believe, however, that if a perp commits another crime before someone turns them in, the responsibility for that crime is 100% the perpetrator's fault.

According to court documents, Adam Mayes kidnapped the victims, then he and his ex-wife drove a rented trailer, with the victims in it, from Tennessee to Mississippi.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/new...dded-to-state's-most-wanted-list-rpt-20120508

Friday, the bodies of Joann Bain and her 14-year-old daughter were found buried in a shallow grave behind the Mississippi home Mayes lived in with his parents and ex-wife.

In the rented trailer, the FBI found property belonging to the 8 and 12-year-old missing Bain girls. They believe the 2 girls are with Mayes and are still alive.
Also from your link, the store clerk from the released video said:

Barghoutti says his ex-wife was here as recently as Thursday, "She was very quiet, she said, 'I can't believe.' But, then the cops were here and told me she was in on it."

AM had been burning on top of where the bodies were found so the condition of the bodies was not good.

Here is a bit of a timeline

4/27 GB reports family missing
4/27 AM digs graves (according to AM's ex-wife and mother)
4/27 On Friday, the TBI reported that the girls were with Mayes in Mississippi, but there was no evidence that a crime had been committed. (I don't know if this was a phone contact or LE went to the home)
4/30 video of AM at gas station
5/1 Mayes was last seen Tuesday in Guntown, Miss., about 80 miles southeast of the Bains' Tennessee home.

Please excuse me, but I want to back track for a minute. Who's death brought this family back to Tennessee? Was it's Bain's father? What did he die of?

In relation to the resent affidavits, and the date the 'conspiracy' first started, I wonder if there isn't a larger conspiracy involved.

Could the whole Mayes' family be involved because AM told them he was the father of at least one of the children? He's obviously delusional, and I not excusing anyone's actions. I just wonder what set this off!

The time line is strange, the relationships are strange, the outcome is even stranger. Wouldn't the young girl who is dead by his hand have been the one who is most likely to be his child? Just trying to sort things out.

I know that it may not matter at this point, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out just what AM thought he was going to do with a grown woman and three girls, or how he thought he was going to kidnap them/keep them hidden.

1) rage at them moving: why get his mom/sis involved? Who would actually go along with 'let's just kill them' instead? Maybe he begged mom/sis to help with the cover up, but the LE statements are saying that mom/sis were involved in kidnapping, which implied a person who is alive.

2) trafficking (and this is what I'm leaning towards): they all three conspired to traffic the girls. But Adrienne was either not in the plan or was causing trouble b/c she may not have been as manageable, or had an asthma attack like has been suggested above. So she was gotten rid of just like Joann. The problem I have with this theory is - if trafficking was the goal, why was he still around three days after they disappeared? Seems like he would have high-tailed it to Mexico or wherever he was going.

I'm still not sure of the motive, but I'm not so sure the other two are alive at this point. I just can't think of a situation that makes sense. Then again, it just may not make any kind of sense and there may not be 'a reason' at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther