AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
From experience....yes they do. Lets not generalize please. JMO

Thank goodness we have come a long way from how it use to be at one time.

Now both men and women who are being abused by their spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend are telling someone and calling 911 more than ever before.

If we know that Isa was last seen at the ballfield by other people than just the Celis family (which people have said in interviews) then:

I don't see how in the timeframe (from ballgame to 8am) and if they were both in the house all night (which I assume is true until told differently) -I don't see how that one parent could do something and the other not know.

However, while I know there have been abducted children (jessica, elizabeth, etc.) that went missing in the night without a trace from a stranger, it is so rare I'm not putting that on the table either.

Therefore, I believe that both know more than what have let on.

Actually my point was that with all the news reporters looking for motive or dirt on the people involved, I would think they would come up with something by now. It seems to me that the first thing they look for would be some type of domestic abuse and since none has been reported, I would doubt there is any. jmo

Well, I understand your point now. But, there is some family dynamic not quite right in the Celis family for the boys to need to be seperated from Sergio, not Becky, but Sergio.

According to the Pima County Tax Assessor 5601 (NOT the Celis home) is 3592 sq ft

Total Livable Area: 3592

Patty and I were discussing a street other than the Celis street...sorry for the confusion.

Thank goodness we have come a long way from how it use to be at one time.

Now both men and women who are being abused by their spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend are telling someone and calling 911 more than ever before.

"Domestic violence is one of the most chronically underreported crimes.

Only approximately one-quarter of all physical assaults, one-fifth of all rapes, and one-half of all stalkings perpetuated against females by intimate partners are reported to the police."

http://www.ncadv.org/files/DomesticViolenceFactSheet(National).pdf

While it may be better than before, many instances still go unreported.

I think that is very often true, neither do abused men (fewer of those probably?). However, they do often confide in someone close, but that person does not often come forward or wouldn't come forward publicly. They may not even come forward to LE if they think it has nothing to do with the situation at hand or they may not know the true extent. Someone who is abused by their spouse will also often lie if an injury becomes apparent and say it happened via an accident. I still do not see Sergio as a possible abuser at this point.

Well most times you dont want anyone to know that your husband or BF is abusing you.

As i see it there is some reason he cant be with his children! and that is a big red flag to me!

Last year PG&E installed "Smart Meter's", so no one reads our meter anymore. Have they been installed in AZ yet?

DTE Energy (Metro-Detroit) launched a similar program last year. No more meter readers for gas/electric use. Homeowners are also being provided with a basic energy-saving kit that includes compact fluorescent light bulbs, LED night light, kitchen and bathroom faucet aerators, energy-efficient shower head, and child safety caps for electrical outlets. We've made good use of everything but the child safety caps but would gladly pass them along to anyone who needs more :)

If we know that Isa was last seen at the ballfield by other people than just the Celis family (which people have said in interviews) then:

I don't see how in the timeframe (from ballgame to 8am) and if they were both in the house all night (which I assume is true until told differently) -I don't see how that one parent could do something and the other not know.

However, while I know there have been abducted children (jessica, elizabeth, etc.) that went missing in the night without a trace from a stranger, it is so rare I'm not putting that on the table either.

Dont forget the dogs!!!

Am I reading the total living space for the 5601 as only being 1652?

Sorry, I didn't see this question until Laniefi replied to it.

The square footage is the exact same as the Celis home.

I think, and it's just my opinion, that floorplan was expanded or tweaked so that things might be able to be seen a little better, because in the video of Isa dancing that I just posted about above, things inside the familyroom, which should have been a very wide area, were very cramped in. Here are the pictures.

I'm about sick of this house lol. Here are more details that might explain the difference in size.

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Arizona/Tucson/sold/1082567-5602-E-12th-St-Tucson-AZ-85711

3802 sq ft - 5602 E. 12th

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Arizona/Tucson/sold/371824-5601-E-Cooper-St-Tucson-AZ-85711

2288 sq ft - 5601 E. Cooper

There is another pic of the floor plan that I indicated pages back as what I used for the layout. Of course, I can't find it now, but it was a floorplan, at an angle (not flat) and had a hand in the image.

Nowadays everyone is much more aware of abuse. Becky was very visable and was socially active in her community and seen by many people who could observe if they thought any abuse was happening to her such as being fearful when around Sergio or having bruises often.

No one that lives in that community has said Sergio is abusive to his family. In fact no one that really knows him has said one untoward thing against him in over a month with reporters snooping everywhere looking for some kind of story.

Abusers are often bullies and while the victim may not tell ...people do notice things anyway and we have heard none of that in this case concerning Sergio.

When something like this happens information starts coming out of the woodwork - usually anonymously to a media source. Folks will report every single incident they have witnessed, every childhood bruise seen on child and even go back three years and say the spouse had a black eye ... happens all the time. And if the media could find anything to back that up - trust me they would - enough anonymous tips can be a story. This hasn't happened here and it seems like reporters are searching anything possible (note in closet comes to mind)

Well, I understand your point now. But, there is some family dynamic not quite right in the Celis family for the boys to need to be seperated from Sergio, not Becky, but Sergio.

I will agree with that. But, I am thinking it is something that developed after Isa went missing. Maybe drinking too much. Maybe distancing himself from the family. Something causing a strain on the family, but not related to anything with Isa other than the obvious. It took them 3 weeks to make this move and I wonder why so long. jmo

Sorry, I didn't see this question until Laniefi replied to it.

The square footage is the exact same as the Celis home.

Oh no!! :what: lol .. not at the real estate I posted! Is all media just plain wrong?? :banghead:

Well most times you dont want anyone to know that your husband or BF is abusing you.

Yes. Also if the perp has made any threats, you're not going to want to tell anyone. If the perp is well known in the community and has a good reputation, there may not be too many people that you could confide in. For example in my case, my mother's ex-husband was very well known in the community and had friends in high places- i.e. town sheriff. He had people "watching" us. He was gone on business trips often and would come home and say that he heard from so and so that my mother and I had been to this place or that place. It was very scary. There were other kinds of abuses as well. It wasn't until I was in my late 20's, and was very far from this person, that I told anyone what happened in my childhood/teenhood. Even now, I live far away from this person and still I am haunted. :cry:

As i see it there is some reason he cant be with his children! and that is a big red flag to me!

LE informed CPS of info that had come to light. This is the info that led to the meeting where this voluntary no contact was put in place. I feel strongly that that info revealed some sort of abuse taking place in the home.

BBM

I am not taking it off the table and IMO there are more cases where children were abducted by a stranger than the US likes to let on. In the other cases where a stranger kidnapped a child from their own bedroom the same opinions were held by the majority of MB posters that the parents were involved up to their eyeballs. I cant dismiss a possiblity that has been proven many times to have happened.

I would think Sergio and Becky were involved if LE points in that direction based on solid evidence and not inuendos. I have seen inuendos happen before and it had nothing to do with the real evidence LE had but just an assumption. I have not seen any evidence that they are involved. When I do my opinion will change immediately.

Only 64% of criminal cases are every solved so that means that the stats on missing children are quite flawed, imo. Until the many many missing children cases are solved we really have no idea who the perpretrator is who kidnapped and most likely murdered the child.

As I have stated before Jimmy Hendrickson's mother from AZ has been waiting 21 years for LE to find out who kidnapped her son when he was very young and most likely killed him and she is not alone concerning parents who have missing children where the perp nor the child has ever been found.

IMO

Oh no!! :what: lol .. not at the real estate I posted! Is all media just plain wrong?? :banghead:

What? I am not sure what this post is about...

I was talking about a house with a similar floorplan to the Celis home in the neighborhood... I am not sure what you mean...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maryjane99