We the Jury! Deliberations

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is 5 o'clock here, but it is really not. But I am going into my liquor cabinet because I am just so beside myself. Everyone is not saying what is to clear to me. That maybe I am way off!

What are the 2 charges?

- First degree murder
- Second degree murder

Or... ?? (yes I know the judge combined the 2 charges into one, I want to know what the jury is deciding between).

so they can be split on the method?

Yes indeed they can, nurse -- let's hope that is the clarification they were after. There must be 12 votes total (unanimous) on one or the other -- each method is murder, they are just different ways of causing it.

Maybe someone else can explain it better....

:welcome2: :welcome5:

:welcome3:

Join in guests!!! It takes 3 minutes to join us!!!!!

Well, I realize that we need to blow off steam, me too - I just am sensitive I suppose because I live here, and the Fox case - don't even get me started on that. I have to say this - at least if they are looking for a legal definition then they want to be absolutely sure of what they are doing within the law. I still say if they thought he was not guilty this would have wound up a while ago so they could go home. I've been in that courthouse, nobody wants to be there any longer than they have to.

Have some hope people - we do tend to convict our elected officials here.

And I certainly am not name calling, just trying to relieve a bit of stress. We all know the jury has an enormous task here.

That said, what is is the definition of unamimous? :what:

In all honesty, the fact that they asked that is a bit troubling but hopefully they will have a good reason for it when/if they grant interviews.

They are confused between the 2 charges being put it on! And all my gosh. Inspection is done for the day! They're going to that silly stuff now!

You're mean Cubby. Earlier in the trial, I was on the verge of cracking a joke about how a Sox fan can be identified by their dialect but managed to exercise restraint - a rare occurrence for me. Now look what you've done!

But we ALL love da Bears!

Sorry. :angel:

I'm just trying to get through this with some comic relief, that's all. My apologies if I offended anyone.

It is 5 o'clock here, but it is really not. But I am going into my liquor cabinet because I am just so beside myself. Everyone is not saying what is to clear to me. That maybe I am way off!

My anxiety level is way up. Ill come join you.

so they can be split on the method?

Yes, they can be split on the method, but not the murder charge.

I believe the method weighs heavily since her death was ruled initially accidental (until police began investigating the 2007 disappearance of his 4th wife, Stacy Peterson).

I haven't been able to find a copy of the actual jury instructions on line, and am getting the info from IS.

MOO

Mel

Alright peeps. We're graduating to the straight 2 mg Xanax bars...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346957980.858580.jpg

In Session going off the air at 3 PM is nuts after they have followed a case and it is in verdict watch. I understand the selling of the airtime - but they need to adjust the schedule in certain situations.

Crazy.

Yes indeed they can, nurse -- let's hope that is the clarification they were after. There must be 12 votes total (unanimous) on one or the other -- each method is murder, they are just different ways of causing it.

Maybe someone else can explain it better....

This is what is driving me wild right now. They do not have to agree on each tired. Baking agree in full on each 1. I am driving myself nuts and throwing things well really not trying times. That was an exaggeration!

I think that the job going both charges into 1 and saying the word quotation Aid close quotations verses to charges is an issue here!

To me, this is what the prosecutors must pay more attention to. Are the charges! and father are presented to the jury. How dear, I must change the channel as or some family stuff on 1 session right now

Well, I realize that we need to blow off steam, me too - I just am sensitive I suppose because I live here, and the Fox case - don't even get me started on that. I have to say this - at least if they are looking for a legal definition then they want to be absolutely sure of what they are doing within the law. I still say if they thought he was not guilty this would have wound up a while ago so they could go home. I've been in that courthouse, nobody wants to be there any longer than they have to.

Have some hope people - we do tend to convict our elected officials here.

So do a lot of other states, not just Ill. I was watching a mayor in Michigan being arrested the other night. Most states don't take kindly to elected officials breaking the rules.

I am sick and need to be in the bed. If I drop off send a healing prayer my way.

Have been following DP forever - read the threads diligently - posted occasionally and swore I would NOT NOT get involved - but here it is verdict time and heart is racing, head is thumping, palms are sweating - is there a pill for this?????

But glad to be here with all of you.

lol...yeah there is, it's a beta blocker and I'm on it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member