CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so thanks to the lovely poster who put a time line together in the timeline forum I am officially caught up on this.

What puzzles me about this scenario is why would he take everything with him? A whole week of clothes, under garments, hygiene products, anything he brought for entertainment purposes, etc... If he was just going to hang out with friends and returning.

As many cases as I've followed (lost count years ago), as a Mom I hate giving a parent the side eye and thinking they were involved. I'd have to admit, I'm on the fence with this one....

That's where I'm thrown. It doesn't make any sense that everything he brought with him would be missing. And as far as him meeting friends like you said why would he take everything with him? The fact that all his shiz is missing is a red flag. IMO I don't think this is going to end well.

Six or seven hours away. And she was there when she was called in the afternoon.

You know this as a FACT. Only thing I know is what she said. I truly have no idea where she was on Sunday late morning/afternoon/evening (putting Dylan on a plane, but did SHE do that or did CR or Mike?) - Monday evening when Mark called her on her cell. Calling on a cell doesn't put her in C Springs. Just pondering here.

How many 13 year old boys call their Mother "Mommy"???

when or where did he do that?

Mine used to call me MOMMY when he was that age as a joke when he wanted something. [ calling from his comfy chair playing a video game with his friends---MOMMY, can you bring us some soda?

It seems to me that it was made to look as though he ran away, by having all of his belongings removed with him, if this is true. Even a kidnapper would not bother with all of that.

Okay, I hope this is actually a reasonable thought and it's not just seeming like one because I'm tired. Has there been anything saying if there are any neighbors who live close enough to actually see people come and go from the house? I was thinking that someone could have come to the door looking for MR, and Dylan told him he was gone but he didn't know for how long. Especially if it was someone he was somewhat familiar with, they may have talked for a few minutes. Dylan could have complained that MR was supposed to bring him to his friend's place but left without him, and the guy could have told him that he was heading there and would give him a ride. DR may have just threw on his hat and shoes and grabbed his backpack and phone so he didn't miss another ride. Once in the guy's vehicle, he found out the battery was dead or the guy took the phone from him.

I know, it's definitely a tall tale and very unlikely.

You know this as a FACT. Only thing I know is what she said. I truly have no idea where she was on Sunday late morning/afternoon/evening (putting Dylan on a plane, but did SHE do that or did CR or Mike?) - Monday evening when Mark called her on her cell. Calling on a cell doesn't put her in C Springs. Just pondering here.

well, I think the chances that she went to her ex's and nabbed her son that morning are at about zero %. JMO

Okay, I hope this is actually a reasonable thought and it's not just seeming like one because I'm tired. Has there been anything saying if there are any neighbors who live close enough to actually see people come and go from the house? I was thinking that someone could have come to the door looking for MR, and Dylan told him he was gone but he didn't know for how long. Especially if it was someone he was somewhat familiar with, they may have talked for a few minutes. Dylan could have complained that MR was supposed to bring him to his friend's place but left without him, and the guy could have told him that he was heading there and would give him a ride. DR may have just threw on his hat and shoes and grabbed his backpack and phone so he didn't miss another ride. Once in the guy's vehicle, he found out the battery was dead or the guy took the phone from him.

I know, it's definitely a tall tale and very unlikely.

It is possible. There are two RSO's in the area, apparently. And I bet Dad was telling people that his son was coming for Thanksgiving. Maybe he has a creepy neighbor that took advantage of the opportunity.

eta: He is a very handsome young kid. Maybe an acquaintance of dad's noticed his picture over the months and planned this out. Once he sees dad's truck leave, he comes over quietly and offers Dylan a ride.

Here is a start on the timeline. Feel free to add or edit as needed.

Background:
2007 - Parents Divorce
July 1 2012 - Elaine, Dylan and CR move to Colorado Springs
Labor Day 2012 - Dylan visits his father
Sept 21 2012 - Mom awarded sole custody

Sunday, Nov 18
6:00-6:30pm - Dylan was picked up by his father at Durango-La Plata County Airport.
- Dylan texts Mom that he landed and was met by Dad. Text includes "scowl" emoticon.
-Dylan and Dad grocery shop on way home and plan Thanksgiving dinner.
approx 8:00pm - Last phone activity

Monday, Nov 19
6:30am-Dylan has plans to visit friends. It is expected that his father will drive him. Dylan never arrives.. Visit was originally scheduled for Sunday evening but nothing was "etched in stone".
7:30am - Dad tries to wake Dylan but he was "out like a light"
7:30am - Dad leaves to run errands and visit his divorce lawyer.
11:30 - Dad returns home and Dylan is not there. His black Hurley backpack is missing. Cell phone, charger and "various other items" are also missing.
? - Dad went to home Dylan had planned to visit looking for him R.N. called and texted Dylan all day but did not get a reply.
4:30-5:00 - Dylan is reported missing by his father after he can not locate him.
5:30 - Mom heads to Vallecito after being notified that Dylan is missing.
? -A resident who knows Dylan reported seeing him walking along County Road 501 in Vallecito Monday afternoon with another boy about the same age. Both had backpacks.

Tuesday, Nov 20
? - "Two rescue workers said they possibly saw him on separate occasions Tuesday afternoon, but he fled into the forest. Bender said Wednesday one of the sightings turned out to be a jogger; the second may have been the same jogger or Dylan."

well, I think the chances that she went to her ex's and nabbed her son that morning are at about zero %. JMO

I do agree, although nothing is really off-limits in bad battles between parents, unfortunately.

Beats me. JMO. I know nothing for 100% or even .01% in this case. Glad you have more of a grip where Mom was, because I certainly don't know that as a FACT. I'm not pointing fingers at mom nor dad. That's not how I roll here at WS on any case.

It seems to me that it was made to look as though he ran away, by having all of his belongings removed with him, if this is true. Even a kidnapper would not bother with all of that.

That is where I keep getting hung up. If, as his friends suggest, Dylan set out to hitchhike to their house that morning why would he have took all of his stuff? Why carry a bunch of clothes and stuff you don't need if you expect to be walking?

If he was abducted from home why would the perp have took the time to make Dylan gather all his stuff? Wouldn't you want in and out as quick as possible?

So, what are we left with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reportedly, the phone and the charger are missing, along with the backpack. And I guess the dirty clothes he had on too, since Dad did not have any for the scent for the bloodhounds.

Everything that Dylan had with him is missing.

Even if his cell phone wasn't in use, it would still ping, right? So the fact that we heard nothing about police tracing the pings suggests to me the phone is turned off. If he decided to go visit friends on his own after father left, why didn't he turn on the cell phone?

It can be tracked as long as the battery is in.

I do wonder if LE has tried to Triangulate the phone.

I would think/hope that they have but there is no mention of it to date. In the last few hours I reread every single article we have found to build a timeline and nothing like that has been released. All we have on the phone is (according to mom) that it was last used about 8pm Sunday and it is missing from the home.

It shocked me to see how very little info has been made public. We really haven't been given very much at all to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything that Dylan had with him is missing.

That and NO cell phone usage since sunday evening raises that BIG RED FLAG!

I thin something happened that evening before 8 pm!
As I see it there is a small window there a few hrs from when he got off the plane and got to dads!

I would think/hope that they have but there is no mention of it to date. In the last few hours I reread every single article we have found to build a timeline and nothing like that has been released. All we have on the phone is (according to mom) that it was last used about 8pm Sunday and it is missing from the home.

I thought it was said that they initially searched at the lake due to the phone pinging there. ?? Or was that just speculation?

These threads are all moving too fast. I'm just Googling news on the case to try to keep up.

Some locals have said there was service in town, but terrible coverage in the woods where dad lived. So maybe Dylan texted mom while the service was stronger when they were still in town. They did stop in town on their way home from the airport.

I read the dad said they went to town after Dylan arrived, I wonder if there is CCTV or any witness to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500