CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being relevant still is yet to be determined..and if there's an issue with my stating the facts(I.e mom awarded SOLE custody) not my prob as its a direct quote and not my words..

I'd have to agree that its not as cut and dry as a remarriage/holiday with Dad situation. Many ex's can still be cordial and work out visitations amicably and without the courts involvement. Having to get the courts involved and Mom's negative comments and attitude towards Dad....could very well be something relevant. JMO

trying to explain what she meant...another poster said she was tryin to make Dad look bad... up thread.. explains it better than I did.

BTW: This says MH is "significant other- not husband:
http://durangoherald.com/article/20121123/NEWS01/121129810/‘He-would-have-called’--

CR calls him his step dad here
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-bo...-disappearance/story?id=17813458#.ULcJjI4RtS8
"When he was afraid in any situation, he knew he could call me and I would drop everything and go out there, first thing," Dylan's brother, Cory Redwine, 21, told ABC News. "He knew that me, my mom, my step-dad, any of us, if he called us and said, 'I need your help,' he knew we'd be there."

The word confused seems to be a lacking definition at this point. Fluster cluck is closer

But then where are they? And why wouldn't the other boy say he had been with him that day? And why would LE want video from the night before?

I have no answers to any of the above. I have just been trying to go with other scenarios, rather than Dad.

I am just trying to look at WHERE i think Dylan would have headed to that morning. I never believed he ran off to go fishing by himself. But I do believe he would try to get to his friends house.

So I tried to imagine how he would do that. First thing he would do is call one of them to try and get a ride. So I wondered if MAYBE someone did offer him a ride. And maybe he talked to them in some alternative method, as people posted examples of above. If cell coverage is spotty, people can text with Ipod Touch or X-boxes, etc. Just a possible alternative theory. I used to take my DD's cell away at bed time, and found out her I-Touch was being used to text her friends with instead.

Anyway, I don't have any answers, just trying to follow another possible scenario. I found it odd that his friends instantly jumped to the conclusion that their good friend had been kidnapped and killed when hitchhiking. :what:

Anyway it is probably a dead end, but I am just exploring alternatives. What do I think he would have done when he woke up, and found out Dad already went to town?

I think he would have decided to get on the road himself, and not wait for Dad. JMO

Not being relevant still is yet to be determined..and if there's an issue with my stating the facts(I.e mom awarded SOLE custody) not my prob as its a direct quote and not my words..

PS.. Thanks for the additional info and I didn't think about the move as the awarding of sole cusgody..hmm still have to wait and see ..jmo

I was just giving you info and not chastising you (other than I got called out on the "sole custody" thing).

But how can that be if police have reason to rule out the possibility that Dylan ran away? If there was even a chance that Dylan left of his own accord and did not want to be found, do you think that police would announce to the media that Dylan did not run away?

Then we have the fact that police are looking for video from the time that Dylan left the airport with his Dad until the time Dad says he returned from running errands (including a meet with his lawyer) the next day. If they were convinced that all was fine Sunday night and Dylan might have sneaked away after Dad left the next morning, why would they need video from the evening before?

MOO

There's still the slight possibility that Dylan left on foot to visit his friends and something happened between point A & B.

Whew, I'm finally getting ready to move all my links & notes over to the Media thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:woohoo:
Thank you!
(BTW I love that your avatar is "Just Chillin" so cute.)

Wishing LE could ellaborate on why they were able to determine tht he didnt run away!!!

I posted an article earlier that stated Dylan's lack of social networking, cell phones, etc. is part of the reason they determined he is not a runaway. LE stated runaways will still be present on social networks. Not verbatim.

Doesn't he mean his Mom's husband?

Yep. But every article, MSM, etc. calls her Elaine REDWINE ... odd to me since Mike Hall is her hubby and step dad to Dylan and Cory. Oh well...... Maybe she kept her married name to Mark because of business/job from her move from Ft. Lewis College (Durango) to Colorado College (C Springs)? Yet on Facebook ... nevermind.

There's still the slight possibility that Dylan left on foot to visit his friends and something happened between point A & B.

What puzzles me about this scenario is why would he take everything with him? A whole week of clothes, under garments, hygiene products, anything he brought for entertainment purposes, etc... If he was just going to hang out with friends and returning.

As many cases as I've followed (lost count years ago), as a Mom I hate giving a parent the side eye and thinking they were involved. I'd have to admit, I'm on the fence with this one....

Whew, I'm finally getting ready to move all my links & notes over to the Media thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks great. Thanks. Can I post it here so people can give you any other links they might have handy to add?

What puzzles me about this scenario is why would he take everything with him? A whole week of clothes, under garments, hygiene products, anything he brought for entertainment purposes, etc... If he was just going to hang out with friends and returning.

As many cases as I've followed (lost count years ago), as a Mom I hate giving a parent the side eye and thinking they were involved. I'd have to admit, I'm on the fence with this one....
He may have clean clothes he kept at Dad's home- or not a full 5-7 days of clothes with him. Dad most likely has a washing machine. Hygiene is not #1 on most male 13 yr old's priority list- so maybe only a toothbrush in backpack. Shampoo/deodorant, etc would already be at Dad's home.

I'm barely awake. I'm waiting on the NG transcripts from 11/28/2012. Dan Bender had a lot to say about Dad and the Monday that Dylan went poof. Yawn.:waiting:

I wondered the same thing about the backpack and all of his stuff. But in my experience with my kids, my DD would have unpacked her stuff, and only taken what she needed at her friends that night.

But my son, bless his heart, never unpacks his backpack. At least at that age he didn't. Everything was all together in his pack, and he would usually keep it all with him, in case he needed anything, or wanted to go stay somewhere else.

So I can see how he might have just grabbed it and took everything. I am also wondering if he was maybe ANGRY at Dad for leaving without him that morning. He might have got up and not seen a note , nor had a phone messAge, and thought his Dad was not coming back to give him a ride. So he may have taken everything and wanted to go stay at his friends. >

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant