CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Look here".. When sentences begin that way, I know it's time to hop off and go to bed:) goodnight everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Monday morning, if Dylan was walking towards town to try and hitch a ride, would there be a lot of cars who might see him there? Or are cars few and far between during midmorning on Mondays.

There is never been much traffic on that road when I have been up there. CR 501. I doubt if there is much this time of the year. Unless you live up there, there is no reason to go. 501 heads north and Florida road cuts off to the left and goes around into the north side of Durango. Very windy road and not a shortcut to anywhere. Lots of folks come to that area to ski during Thanksgiving week. Durango Mtn has had no snow. Wolf Creek skiing over north of Pagosa had opened the previous week. They had 20" of snow.

I think the problem with the dogs then was that they didn't have anything with his scent on it in the beginning, which was obviously not LE's fault. They said the dog(s) picked up something by the house, I think it was at the end of the driveway, but they didn't know if it was Dylan's scent with nothing to use. I don't remember hearing if they tried it again once ER brought something from home to use.

Yep, kind of convenient for dad that the scent dogs couldn't do their job for a few days. They didn't do the usual thing, and try and pick up the boy's scent from dad's to the street.

They put all of their resources out at the dam because dad made a big deal about the missing pole. I think it was misdirection though.

What airport did DR fly into?

That would have been the Durango/LaPlata Airport. A very tiny airport in Ignacio. Maybe 10 miles south of Bayfield. The last time I flew in there were just two gates. You get off the plane and walk in the door. Luggage comes in a door to the left. Everything is in just one room.

So Dad nudged Dylan and told him if he needed anything to call. At this point Dad knew Dylan was not meeting the friends and expected him to be home when he got home? So when did Dad go to the friends house where he thought Dylan would be? I guess what I'm asking is did Dad go home to find Dylan gone then headed back to Bayfield or did he try to call Dylan and no answer so he headed to the friends home directly from running his errands? At what point did Dad go to the friends house? Anyone know?

Early on I read that Dad went to the home where he expected Dylan to be. Why would he expect him to be there and how did he expect him to get there?
BBM
I'm not speaking to sway opinions. I don't have one. Just reading and learning and absorbing.

If you went to your house expecting your child to be there, and then went to the next most likely scenario to look there, it wouldn't be a contradiction. You expected A, when A wasn't accurate you turned your expectation to B. So, assuming his story as fact for the sake of discussion, it's not that he expected him to get there on his own, he just hoped he had gotten there.

So, I am guessing that it will be at the least end of next week before we get any news about evidence/lack thereof? That is the fastest I can see any csi processing.

I know in some cases (Holly Bobo, for example) very little is released, and some info was held back for a long time. In this case, I hope that some info is released- like whether they have a suspect or what they think happened.

there are many of us who came into this NOT AT ALL of the opinion that the father was involved.. There are several of us who while looking at this from a completely objective point of view CONTINUED TO SEEK OUT AND LOOK AT THOROUGHLY ALL OTHER POSSIBILITIES ..even tho, the fact was that it still kept leading back to the father..

So, there is no gang mentality witch hunt going on here.. Many of us in thoroughly sleuthing this case remained looking at possibilities other than dad just for the sake of being extremely thorough and NOT OF A MENTALITY THAT JUST JUMPS ON A BANDWAGON FOR THE HELL OF IT..

Its BS that majority of us have been on a DADS GUILTY BANDWAGON from the onset..that's not even remotely accurate..the fact is many of us looked at possibilities other than dad long past the point of reason and came to the present opinion after thoroughly sleuthing and discussing ALL POSSIBILITIES..

To each their own regardless of what that opinion is..to each their own.

Rock On! Sade didn't write a song about you for nothing!

I deleted my post. It no longer matters.
God speed to Dylan, his family & LE

Yep, kind of convenient for dad that the scent dogs couldn't do their job for a few days. They didn't do the usual thing, and try and pick up the boy's scent from dad's to the street.

They put all of their resources out at the dam because dad made a big deal about the missing pole. I think it was misdirection though.

Please show me WHERE Dad made a "big deal" about the missing pole. I have read every link here and posted many, myself. I never read he made a big deal out of a fishing pole. TIA.

Please show me WHERE Dad made a "big deal" about the missing pole. I have read every link here and posted many, myself. I never read he made a big deal out of a fishing pole. TIA.

He was upset police didn't go to the lake right away despite the fact that pole was missing. I'd call that making a big deal.

But he had a cell and a charger, just not great cell service. So he could have easily looked up the #'s and then used the landline.

I just find it really odd, because when my kids were 13, their friends were the most important things in the world. they would move heaven and earth to hang out with a group of good friends. So it makes no sense to me that he would wake up Monday morning and not try an contact his friends, who were all waiting for him. He had a landline and a cell with the numbers, so why no calls to anyone? He was stuck with no ride? Wouldn't he explain it to them? They were all waiting for him to get dropped off. So it makes no sense to me that he would have run out the door to try and find a way 19 miles into town, without at least telling his buddies he was on the way, or asking if they knew anyone who could help him.

I agree...

and...if he is like my DD... He would have been calling/texting his friends back at his home with mom to let THEM know what was happening, too!

JMO

He was upset police didn't go to the lake right away despite the fact that pole was missing. I'd call that making a big deal.

Upset? Where? I was asking for a LINK. Do you have one? TIA.

But IMO, the truth never changes. Why does anyone need to change their story to a case as it evolves?

No, but more minor details can be added or corrected, because people's memories are not infallible. AFAIK, he hasn't changed his story, he's just added things to it. And in all fairness, we haven't been present every time he spoke to LE, only to the media.

And as another poster said a page back, it's more suspicious when a person's story never changes, and they tell it the exact same way every time. LE have a little trick they use when questioning someone. They will take details out of order and go backwards and forwards, which usually trips someone up when they can't remember their story except when it's perfectly in order.

People are going to bed:waitasec: Heck i haven't been out of mine for a few days. I have slept,read,posted,dreamt,sweated,bathed,changed the bedding only to climb back in. Thanks for getting me over the flu hump :seeya: Lotsa Prayers being sent out for ya Dylan. Now where are you :please: Watched a video earlier on the Facebook page. Friends of his had put together. They and everyone sure are missing him. This is so very sad.

Upset? Where? I was asking for a LINK. Do you have one? TIA.

"I question why it has taken this long to start scouring the lake because from Day One they have known it is likely he had a fishing pole with him," Redwine, 52, said.

Read more: Search for missing 13-year-old continues in La Plata County - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ched-missing-boy-laplata-county#ixzz2DlzFLA4j

Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

As I think about this, if my child went missing, I think the last thing I'd look for would be his fishing pole, especially if he was meeting up with friends the next town over. No reports it was a fishing trip. So what made him think to look for a fishing pole? I also think this is a red herring, jmo.

He said 'likely' not 'definitely' in this report (but then goes on to say he doesn't believe Dylan is in the area. This should be scrutinized more, imo):

Mark Redwine, who lives about 22 miles north of Durango, told investigators that he left the home early Monday morning to run some errands. When he returned four hours later, he said Dylan was gone.

Redwine said Sunday that he hasn't been able to find the boy's fishing rod.

"I question why it has taken this long to start scouring the lake, because from day one they have known it is likely he had a fishing pole with him," Redwine, 52, said.

Information he received from the boy's friends suggests that he was hitchhiking when he disappeared, Redwine said. "It sounds to me like he's not even in the area."

He said is concerned that a stranger could have picked the teen up and abducted him.
http://**/breakingnews/ci_22063185/sunday-search-launched-missing-boy-laplata-county

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Essmat Arafa