CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought dad said there were tentative plans for Dylan to spend Monday and Tuesday with friends. I figured dad thought when Dylan was gone that he had gotten a ride to the friend's house. To me that explains waiting until that late to look for him. A bit too casual for me, but maybe that's just the way MR is.

My parents never worried about us till dark. Of course, that was 50 years ago, LOL.

Did you ever find that link for Dylan's mom calling the sheriff, not dad?

I think they both did. He called his ex, then called or went to make the report.

And she apparently called after she got the call from her ex. She was probably looking for info, more than making a report, imo.

Would you mind linking it because my ipad won't allow me to go that far back through your posts to find it.

I read all posted links, and I just don't recall reading his father didn't report him missing his mother did.

Thanks so much in advance for clearing that up

I'm on an iPad. For future reference, you can search that far back on it. At the top of the thread is the "search this thread" button. Click it then select advanced search. In the right hand box, start to type in poster's hat, ie jje and a drop down list will appear of similar poster hats. Or you can type in the whole name. Select jjenny.

Then, you can also add search terms in the box on the left, or just hit the search now button at the bottom, and all of jjenny's posts in this thread will be listed.

HTH

I can't base anything on the behavior of parents, but do watch LE and what they are doing, saying or not saying (or not doing) and in this case, they are not doing anything that seems to validate the father's sequence of events, in my opinion. Or that is my take on it.

That's what i go by. For me the facts thus far are suspect. Interviews don't mean much to me because Parents are under such duress/perhaps medicated etc. etc. I may factor some of it in based on facts i know. LE to me is screaming volumes without saying a dang thing. MOO I think you are right on the money.

I think they both did. He called his ex, then called or went to make the report.

And she apparently called after she got the call from her ex. She was probably looking for info, more than making a report, imo.

Yeah, my recollection was they both contacted LE.

The particular post I was referring to implied that his mom called, not his dad. Which if actually true would have been significant to me.

I'm on an iPad. For future reference, you can search that far back on it. At the top of the thread is the "search this thread" button. Click it then select advanced search. In the right hand box, start to type in poster's hat, ie jje and a drop down list will appear of similar poster hats. Or you can type in the whole name. Select jjenny.

Then, you can also add search terms in the box on the left, or just hit the search now button at the bottom, and all of jjenny's posts in this thread will be listed.

HTH

Whoooo hoooo thank you! I'm gonna try it:)

Ok where is that search this thread button exactly?

http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_22063185

Mark Redwine said Sunday that he hadn't been able to find the boy's fishing rod.

"I question why it has taken this long to start scouring the lake because from Day One they have known it is likely he had a fishing pole with him," Redwine, 52, said. Information he received from the boy's friends suggests that Dylan was hitchhiking when he disappeared, Redwine said.

"It sounds to me like he's not even in the area," he said.

I just don't know what to think.

Also he seemed to want it clear that LE was dragging their feet. He thought they should have checked his house a week ago.......... but ( stupid ) LE did not . Seems almost like he's blaming LE for this taking so long. Am I over reading into his words ?

What a sad and horrible mess :(
Please be ok little boy .

And I absolutely 100% agree with Mr. Redwine on this point. In fact when we found out they just searched Thursday many posters couldnt understand what took them so long especially with the CBI and FBI involved early on. It still makes no sense that they waited over a week to do this.

They should have done this immediately. In fact in cases like this where the child goes missing from any location it is searched with an obtained SW right away. We usually see LE arrive on the scene and start putting up crime tape around the property to keep the looky loos and the media off of the property and then they will wait outside until one of the lead detectives goes to a Judge to get him to sign off on the SW.

Now they waited over a week to do so. This should have been done the very day he went missing. I dont have a clue why they waited so long and it seems neither does Mr. Redwine.

I saw no anomosity that he had for LE whatsoever. He said he understands they have to look at him and his home since he was the last to see his son.

IMO

I'm beginning to wonder about him never arriving at home. Supposing dad and son had a big fight on the way home and son says ' FINE I'll just go back home, I'll walk if i have to '' ,,, like a typical know it all teen. Dad says fine, pulls over, says there you go , have fun ! But dad has no intention of letting him attempt to walk home because he knows it's impossible. Dad figures I'll drive down the road a mile or 2 and come back and son will have come to his senses. Sounds totally like something my dad or a lot of dads I know would do and have done. But when Dad comes back........... no sign of Dylan anywhere. Dad's too ashamed to tell anyone because it seems like negligence at this point and maybe he kept thinking son would show up, call, text or something and say " ok i'm sorry, come and get me'' , so dad let a little too much time pass.
Thoughts?

******MOST plausible scenario yet!!!!!

I can't base anything on the behavior of parents, but do watch LE and what they are doing, saying or not saying (or not doing) and in this case, they are not doing anything that seems to validate the father's sequence of events, in my opinion. Or that is my take on it.

They did valiate his sequence of events, imo.

Sgt. Bender said they have confirmed that Mr. Redwine did go to the places he said he did on the morning Dylan went missing.

IMO

Sgt. Bender said they have confirmed that Mr. Redwine did go to the places he said he did on the morning Dylan went missing.

IMO

That's only the time he was running his errands.

Your sure have some imagination! I think you missed your calling if your not a lawyer or a fiction writer. I sincerely mean that as a compliment.

Tks I think :p

And I absolutely 100% agree with Mr. Redwine on this point. In fact when we found out they just searched Thursday many posters couldnt understand what took them so long especially with the CBI and FBI involved early on. It still makes no sense that they waited over a week to do this.

They should have done this immediately. In fact in cases like this where the child goes missing from any location it is searched with an obtained SW right away. We usually see LE arrive on the scene and start putting up crime tape around the property to keep the looky loos and the media off of the property and then they will wait outside until one of the lead detectives goes to a Judge to get him to sign off on the SW.

Now they waited over a week to do so. This should have been done the very day he went missing. I dont have a clue why they waited so long and it seems neither does Mr. Redwine.

I saw no anomosity that he had for LE whatsoever. He said he understands they have to look at him and his home since he was the last to see his son.

IMO

ITA with you and ITA with MR.

My personal feelings aside about any/all involved parties involvement in Dylan's disappearance, LE is supposed to be running the investigation proactively doing searches and being aggressive. NOT MR or anyone. For whatever reason, substantiated or not, they did not search his house until Thurs. Personally I don't understand that but I don't understand much of anything in this case so I'll hope everything is being done for a calculated reason.

IMO

He went, but did anyone see him with Dylan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000