CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Although I'm sure it is open to each individual's interpretation, I take the following to mean that ALL previously reported AND tips of reported sightings have been ruled out. Date reported 12/3/2012:

“We have no new leads or new information to report to the public at this time,” Shupe said in a news release Monday afternoon. (*Lt. Ray Shupe, spokesman for a task force)

Possible sightings of Dylan have streamed in from across the country, he* said, but there have been no confirmed sightings since he went missing Nov. 19. The FBI has been helpful at prodding agencies in other jurisdictions to follow up on possible leads, Shupe said.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121203/NEWS01/121209881/0/FRONTPAGE/Police-reveal-no-new-leads
Not confirmed and ruled out are not the same to me. Ruled out would mean they know that the person sighted was someone other that Dylan. Not confirmed could mean that they don't know who the person that was sighted is. JMO.

I thought there was one on CR 500? Let me look.

Salem

500 and 501, isn't that what you were asking about? I only see 2 close by there. One is on 160 and one on Buckhorn. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong site.

Then there are the local not reported SO's and the roamers

I thought there was one on CR 500? Let me look.

Salem

There are 3 who have failed to register an address- which worries me due to what was found in the last search- that one of them may have been living
"off the grid"

Do we know anything? LE hasn't released phone records, so we really don't know who called or texted who if or when and what was said ...

Nothing..

imo

No, we don't know much. I just thought that those details were so specific, and presented in such as way, as to require a link of some sort.

IMO

Dylan could be miles and miles away. So much of a time window here. I guess thats the best case scenario and he is still alive. As horrid as that is.

The man who lives in one of the houses by that intersection owns a concrete company, if that matters.

I wonder if there are any older "neighbor" kids in the general area. You know, sometimes I would meet with some kids the next block over and I don't think my parents knew about it.

When school is out for a week, not every parent is able to take off the entire week to stay home with their children. The Monday of a week-long school holiday seems like the perfect time for a SO to be on alert for a kid who was home alone.
moo

Would he have taken his landline with him to Bayfield?

Excellent question!

I would think not, cause that seems a little much, but I would also think that he might have borrowed one at the friend's house where he was checking for Dylan, asked a convenience store or gas station owner if he could borrow theirs (they frequently have land lines, as do many other businesses), perhaps locate one of those increasingly scarce pay phones, call from the police station, the local library, the fire station. I don't know, in an emergency almost anyone is willing to let you borrow a phone for a quick call.

I just don't think that it's reasonable to expect that he would carry his landline with him in the car. IMO.

(insert smiley here)

When school is out for a week, not every parent is able to take off the entire week to stay home with their children. The Monday of a week-long school holiday seems like the perfect time for a SO to be on alert for a kid who was home alone.
moo

But Dylan was visiting so nobody would of known he was there apart from Dad and i assume a few family friends and Dylan's friends.

It is not like Dylan lived there full time.

I wonder if there are any older "neighbor" kids in the general area. You know, sometimes I would meet with some kids the next block over and I don't think my parents knew about it.

They said there aren't many kids in the area, but not what "many" means.

Not confirmed and ruled out are not the same to me. Ruled out would mean they know that the person sighted was someone other that Dylan. Not confirmed could mean that they don't know who the person that was sighted is. JMO.

I just went back to the Official Find Dylan Redwine FB pages trying to find the ' ANNOUNCEMENT' that was posted by the administrator. For some reason it locks upon me and I can't scroll earlier than Nov 26th.

But there is a page in early November, where locals had posted a few sightings of Dylan around Vallecito. And there was a buzz around that he may have been hiding out with friends because he was seen walking alone and then at the Village Market w/ a friend and also at a restaurant. But the administrator posted an ANNOUNCEMENT, telling people that a kid came forward, who looks much like Dylan, and he was in those same places. So it seems that all of those sightings were mistaken identity.

Does anyone else remember seeing that announcement?

500 and 501, isn't that what you were asking about? I only see 2 close by there. One is on 160 and one on Buckhorn. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong site.

About a mile south is a bar and grill almost next door to a Baptist church.

He knew that Dylan kept in touch with his mom. Maybe she had info that could help find him. I think he should have communicated with her no matter how annoying or aggravating it was.

Just in my experience, LE doesn't even want you getting information and passing it on. They were, IMO, talking to her directly for her data. She said she called as well, so I think they had direct lines of communication open. They prefer it that way. It's why LE separated me and my husband and talked to us individually when my child was missing.

But Dylan was visiting so nobody would of known he was there apart from Dad and i assume a few family friends and Dylan's friends.

It is not like Dylan lived there full time.

Oh how I wish we knew what things Dylan or his friends had posted on facebook leading up to the visit. I know LE knows, I am sure they have that possibility under control.

I have not seen any reason to suspect targeted abduction, but all info helps.

I think we should start a "please release a presser" petition haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member