Jodi Arias Trial: the weekend discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in a "HUGE" home is AZ with a split floor plan. It's not that HUGE. I don't know that the roommates were on separate floors. Just that they were on the other side of the loft, just as my dd is. I hear every single thing she does. If not perfectly, enough to know that she's present. If she left a dead body, I[m pretty sure I'd smell it coming up the stairs. At which point I'm about 5 ft away from the br door even though I've got another 20-30 feet to go to my br and another 600-800 ft once I get there. So his roomies would have been about 30-35 feet from his br door. I'm assuming the mbr was over the garage, which would help explain why the smell wasn't noticeable to the roommates. If the room was over the kitchen, for example, they would have noticed. My point was that, if I were defense counsel, I might have pointed the finger at the roommates b/c their story is only marginally plausible. All the defense would have to do is bring the scent of a 5-day dead animal into the courtroom. It's nauseating!

I just wanted to add that I think it's just natural curiousity for many of us to inquire about the roommates (i've never blamed them, or said a harsh word) - just curious about Napolean, T leaving his computer and cell phone behind, and of course, the odor of decomp. The washer/dryer is interesting too - that neither used it (but that's guys for ya). My neighbor upstairs only does laundry on Sunday night (religiously). I get worried if I don't hear his machine going (but that's just me).

In short, I think there were a lot of clues that something was amiss. And am just curious why it wasn't noticed. Not only by the roomies, but others. T seemed to be a pretty popular guy with many church friends, and for him to be out of touch for 4-5 days surely should have set off some bells.

But that's just me. I put no blame on the roomies, I'm simply curious.

MOO

Mel

F.Y.I., I have family in Arizona, and I've been in Arizona in 120 degree heat! It's entirely possible they had the AC running 24/7.

I'm sure they did! But unless you want to pay $600+/mo in the Summer, you'd be running it at the highest possible temp you can tolerate. The bill for cooling a large 2-story new'ish (crappily insulated) home in the Summer is at least $500/mo, and much more if you're not insanely frugal about it. I keep mine on 78-82 for the most part in the Summer and my bills are all in the $500 range and my bill says I'm a low energy user lol

Shoot, I awaken out of a dead sleep if someone is cooking bacon in my house!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bacon is one of those things that just engulf you, isn't it? One of my daughters loves everything bacon, EVEN bacon ice cream. That makes me want to :puke: !!!!!

Part of a grout line can be seen in the lower right of the pic and it helps with the pics perspective.
Also, notice the "foot" (blood pool) in the evidence pic looks to be fairly in focus but the recreated pic is blurry.

Part of a grout line can be seen in the lower right of the pic and it helps with the pics perspective.
Also notice the "foot" in evidence pic looks to be fairly in focus but the foot in the recreated foot is blurry.

The "foot" in the photo of Travis is NOT a foot. It is a pool of blood that accidentally looks like a foot. It is not in the correct spot for a foot and, if enlarged, it has a lot of little bumpy edges where the blood has pooled out further than the other blood edges.

I'm sure they did! But unless you want to pay $600+/mo in the Summer, you'd be running it at the highest possible temp you can tolerate. The bill for cooling a large 2-story new'ish (crappily insulated) home in the Summer is at least $500/mo, and much more if you're not insanely frugal about it. I keep mine on 78-82 for the most part in the Summer and my bills are all in the $500 range and my bill says I'm a low energy user lol

I have mine set at 68 in the summer ....all summer long, 24/7. Even if I go out all day, I want my pets to be comfortable too.

$600 a month isn't much when you divide it up. That's the beauty of roommates.

When I was single.. I hated doing laundry and paid to have everything dry cleaned. What couldn't be dry cleaned, I paid wash and fold service at the cleaners! Well worth the money!

Bacon is one of those things that just engulf you, isn't it? One of my daughters loves everything bacon, EVEN bacon ice cream. That makes me want to :puke: !!!!!

Im a purest, no chocolate covered bacon or bacon ice cream for me!

The "foot" in the photo of Travis is NOT a foot. It is a pool of blood that accidentally looks like a foot. It is not in the correct spot for a foot and, if enlarged, it has a lot of little bumpy edges where the blood has pooled out further than the other blood edges.
I believe that's what I said. So sorry if what I wrote is confusing.

I just wanted to add that I think it's just natural curiousity for many of us to inquire about the roommates (i've never blamed them, or said a harsh word) - just curious about Napolean, T leaving his computer and cell phone behind, and of course, the odor of decomp. The washer/dryer is interesting too - that neither used it (but that's guys for ya). My neighbor upstairs only does laundry on Sunday night (religiously). I get worried if I don't hear his machine going (but that's just me).

In short, I think there were a lot of clues that something was amiss. And am just curious why it wasn't noticed. Not only by the roomies, but others. T seemed to be a pretty popular guy with many church friends, and for him to be out of touch for 4-5 days surely should have set off some bells.

But that's just me. I put no blame on the roomies, I'm simply curious.

MOO

Mel

Similar. I'm not saying they're to blame, I'm saying that I think the defense should have considered blaming them or actually blamed them to get her off b/c that's their job. Not because I think the roommates are guilty and not because that's what *I* would do. I'd never be a da because I'd never in a million years represent the likes of Jodi. I'd refuse even it meant disbarment. But "if" I were them and doing my job I would have argued heat of passion or the roommate(s) did it. Maybe there's a really good reason they went with self defense. We shall see :)

Well if you are going to question people...question why Chris Hughes didn't raise a red flag when Travis did not take the 7pm conference call that night.

Idk what's different about my home or why it sounds majorly different to you. Was there a separate entrance and were the other br's on a different floor? I have no idea. But, if not, it seems very similar to my home which is a two-story with a split floor plan with the master suite on one side of a loft. AZ homebuilders were not terribly creative in that price range.

My comment about the defense was exactly to your point. She shouldn't have confessed and pled SD. She should have pointed a finger at the roommate(s) or at least claimed heat of passion if she wanted to walk. Self defense won't get her there, imo.

It is not a fact that the roomies didn't notice anything. It's their statement -- nothing more. No one can know what they smelled or thought unless they told someone. Which they apparently didn't. And even then, it would be hearsay, most likely.

People are asking questions about things that do not make sense to them. Instead of trying to shame people or make them feel like idiots for asking questions such as , " How could the roommates not notice the smell?" we can try to guess why not.

There is no stupid question and people wonder different things.

I have mine set at 68 in the summer ....all summer long, 24/7. Even if I go out all day, I want my pets to be comfortable too.

$600 a month isn't much when you divide it up. That's the beauty of roommates.

When I was single.. I hated doing laundry and paid to have everything dry cleaned. What couldn't be dry cleaned, I paid wash and fold service at the cleaners! Well worth the money!

No, $600 is not that bad for a house that size.

And, your message box is full...just FYI. :)

Similar. I'm not saying they're to blame, I'm saying that I think the defense should have considered blaming them or actually blamed them to get her off b/c that's their job. Not because I think the roommates are guilty and not because that's what *I* would do. I'd never be a da because I'd never in a million years represent the likes of Jodi. I'd refuse even it meant disbarment. But "if" I were them and doing my job I would have argued heat of passion or the roommate(s) did it. Maybe there's a really good reason they went with self defense. We shall see :)

Ummmm they went with the only thing they could, it's a Hail Mary for sure. The really good reason is the evidence against her is overwhelming! That's why the smoke and mirrors trying to paint him as living a double life and abusive

Ummmm they went with the only thing they could, it's a Hail Mary for sure. The really good reason is the evidence against her is overwhelming! That's why the smoke and mirrors trying to paint him as living a double life and abusive

They could've blamed the dog. What was HIS alibi??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member