Jodi Arias Trial: the weekend discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young people are often not good time keepers or watch dogs because at that age they are so into their own lives and seem to be so busy that you'd think they were Congress-men/women. I can't believe how busy the lives of the young 20's and 30's are today. This, coupled with the fact that Travis was constantly traveling, AND, most of his friends knew he was going to be on a trip to Mexico (probably didn't take note of the actual dates), make this very plausible to me. We all can sit here and say what we would do, but it's obvious from the facts of the case that this is not what any of them did. So, it happened.

I smelled a funky smell in my house recently. I thought it was my upstairs neighbours cooking something, but it could have been a dead mouse for all I know. I never bothered to investigate. That is probably what happened here. A smell was there by day 4 but not investigated.

I smelled a funky smell in my house recently. I thought it was my upstairs neighbours cooking something, but it could have been a dead mouse for all I know. I never bothered to investigate. That is probably what happened here. A smell was there by day 4 but not investigated.

So multiply it by 100 lbs or so and rule out the possibility that it's the neighbors. There's nothing quite like the stench of decaying flesh.

So multiply it by 100 lbs or so and rule out the possibility that it's the neighbors. There's nothing quite like the stench of decaying flesh.

Am I missing something? You are saying if you were her attorney you would accuse the roommates of murder?

You would be legally unable to do that if your client told you it was self defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To add... You want to accuse them of murder as a defense ... How would you explain away her presence and the timeline that includes all those photos?

Nevermind... It's impossible anyway. Legally... Youre stuck with your clients story.

Am I missing something? You are saying if you were her attorney you would accuse the roommates of murder?

You would be legally unable to do that if your client told you it was self defense.

I'm sure there were some interesting machinations about what her defense would be. But if no one else believes Jodi, I'm not sure her attorneys would ethically have to take her word on the last best story she told. You have people undisputedly in the house with a dead body for days and days who couldn't possibly be alibi'd for the entire time. Seems like a no-brainer to me to defend her, at least in part, with that. It's not like the prosecutions gonna prosecute them when they're looking to put jodi to death. Just looking to create reasonable doubt.

To add... You want to accuse them of murder as a defense ... How would you explain away her presence and the timeline that includes all those photos?

Nevermind... It's impossible anyway. Legally... Youre stuck with your clients story.

easy...she left and the camera stayed. Roommate was jealous. Attacked them both in the bathroom. Almost like her first story, except with the roommates instead of randoms. She MIGHT have gotten off with that story. Not because anyone actually believed it, but because they couldn't say for sure it didn't happen that way. No way she's getting off with self-defense. Period.

I'm sure there were some interesting machinations about what her defense would be. But if no one else believes Jodi, I'm not sure her attorneys would ethically have to take her word on the last best story she told. You have people undisputedly in the house with a dead body for days and days who couldn't possibly be alibi'd for the entire time. Seems like a no-brainer to me to defend her, at least in part, with that. It's not like the prosecutions gonna prosecute them when they're looking to put jodi to death. Just looking to create reasonable doubt.

Attorneys are not allowed to have people take the stand and knowingly lie. That would be a crime and a lawyer can be disbarred.

Most attorneys will never ask if a clients guilty. They create a plausible excuse for the evidence.

If a client confesses to a crime to you, you can't make up a defense.

If your client says it was self defense.. That's what you are ethically and legally bound to present as a defense.

Jodi ....aka...jabber jaws...your hypothetical client tied your hands. You are stuck as a defense attorney.

Attorneys are not allowed to have people take the stand and knowingly lie. That would be a crime and a lawyer can be disbarred.

Most attorneys will never ask if a clients guilty. They create a plausible excuse for the evidence.

If a client confesses to a crime, you can't make up a defense.

If your client says it was self defense.. That's what you are ethically and legally bound to present as a defense.

Jodi's not taking the stand, so she'll never lie under oath at trial. Her attorneys will never have to swear to what they think. They'd just have to put on evidence that they don't absolutely know to be false. They could easily claim the roommate did it without violating their ethics. They are not obligated to believe their client any more than you or I believe her.

Jodi's not taking the stand, so she'll never lie under oath at trial. Her attorneys will never have to swear to what they think. They'd just have to put on evidence that they don't absolutely know to be false. They could easily claim the roommate did it without violating their ethics. They are not obligated to believe their client any more than you or I believe her.

You are wrong.

Believing her and defending are two different things. You're stuck with what she said.

I have smelled it. It just so happens a homeless person died outside my workplace last year and the smell was indeed awful and far reaching.

What tells me the smell wasn't that terrible yet is that the people who found him were not positive the smell was a corpse smell until they found the body AND then they stayed in the house to make the call to police (from a cell phone). If I was smelling my friend's corpse and had to call the police, I would probably leave the house. I would probably be about to vomit otherwise.

P.S. People living in apartment complexes don't always find dead bodies by their smell alone within the first 3-4 days (google it).

He said, not verbatim, if you have a problem with me, say it to me --instead of making an objection.

I thought the DA said something to the effect of "that voice over there said..."

and the Prosecutor said complained that he was not being properly addressed in court, as "Mr Jones" or "State counsel", or whatever official, respectful term that should be used in court.

He wouldn't refer to the judge like that and neither should he refer to other counsel in those terms, in that setting.

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out this photo:
734280_410486275694187_193216846_n.jpg

But once I looked at this scenario it was perfectly clear:
30muzdl.png

I hope this helps all of you as much as it has helped me. :)

It helps but how did you stage it and how did you take the picture ?

IMnotHO, she was a <modsnip>, murderer and I pray that TA's family gets justice for Travis. I really want the DP for her!!!!

Hmm... I don't know then. Those pictures make more sense to me.

I agree. It is pretty convincing especially with the foot in that position, though the arm is not shown in the staged version.

However, I know I read somewhere that the prosecution claimed he was being pulled on his stomach? If you look at the real photo upside down, it does look like that. So confusing. Otherwise, how is his head up as high as it is. He is supposedly dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexWorksInTelly