Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #21 *may contain graphic and adult content* Cont'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was spanked as a kid and grounded as a teenager. I was grounded one time for 3 months for staying out wayyyy to late. I can guarantee if I gave a sarcastic answer after I'd snuck out of the house at night I would have been slapped too.

But i'm just not connecting the dots to abuse.

And speaking of Vinnie, I havn't watched him in a very long time, is it just me or has he lost a lot of weight? He still looks very very good!!

I hadn't really seen Vinnie since the "Casey Anthony debacle" and I thought he looked different too. I thought it was the haircut, but yeah, maybe he did loose weight.

I also thought he looked kinda "vampirish"!??

Bumping this as I corrected the author name - I still don't know this author, so anyone have any insight? I know it could be nothing - but I am a curious sort and when liars add unnecessary, extraneous information it always perks my ears!
Thanks!

Anne Rice? She wrote a series of books about vampires and witches, supernatural stuff. The vampire books had homoerotic overtones and the last few books of the series were getting pretty religious in nature. She also wrote sadomasochism erotic fiction long before the 50 Shades books under pen names. I used to have all of her books many moons ago.

How many boyfriends do we still have to hear about? About 6-8 years worth?

Geeesh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to watch the cross examination live, but I can't abide wasting any more time on her "testibaloney." (thank you Anita Richman!) When she's finished "testilying" (I forgot who coined that one, but it's equally perfect) I'll find out here.

Her reactions to people not liking her or treating her the way she thought she should be seems to stem from paranoia. JA always thinks that those closest to her are out to get her for some reason. She doesn't take criticism well and misinterprets others' intentions. Perhaps her parents were being realistic when they didn't make a fuss about Jodi's art work. Personally, I'm not impressed with what I've seen and know that there are many talented artists who will never achieve fame or fortune for their work. What Jodi perceived as "indifference" might have been her parents remaining objective and realistic about their daughter's potential. :moo:

this is very common. Her parents owned a business and her mother put herself through school so I can see how they would not like the idea of watching with daughter try to become an artist. Its in the same category as trying to be an actor, musician or model. For every one that is successful many never come close.

Yep, it's going to be another episode of "As the Arias Turns".

OMG my eyes are getting bad and combine that with the sordid aspects of this case I read " As the an_s Turns" lol Thankfully I went back and read it again.

:blushing:

The kind of defense attorney that lets Jodi ramble is one that is "under her spell"!

Hi, Isabelle!

Maybe her defense attorneys have nothing better, so they're just letting her ramble.

IMO the entire point if her droning on and on is to psychologically bond with a juror or two.....Find some commonality and to make her appear "human" The thought is, if she can get one juror to sympathize ... They won't be willing to sentence her to death.

IMO it could work. The longer they listen, the better her chance at lwop

I'm hoping against hope that there are no jury questions sitting in the basket when she is done. What a wonderful message to the defence!

I guess you could say I was a victim of "the switch" when I was a child. When I would act up my mother would head straight out the back door to the chinaberry tree and break off a little, thin switch. I would be dancing a jig before she got back into the house!:what: She only had to swat me 2 or 3 times on the back of my legs and I got the message! She would then lay the switch on the top of the washer where I could see it and that was all it took to keep me in line! I had the most loving, wonderful parents anyone could have and had a very happy childhood.
I don't necessarily think JA was abused by the spanking with the spoon. Possibly by the belt. I think it depends on how much force was used. I think alot of times parents spank their children when they are angry and use more force than necessary and it becomes abuse. I also think hitting a child and knocking them against a wall, etc. is abusive.:furious:

That's where her story is off for me. She said her dad used the belt, but didn't leave welts, but mom used a wooden spoon that gave her welts. Hello?

Anne Rice? She wrote a series of books about vampires and witches, supernatural stuff. The vampire books had homoerotic overtones and the last few books of the series were getting pretty religious in nature. She also wrote sadomasochism erotic fiction long before the 50 Shades books under pen names. I used to have all of her books many moons ago.

Didn't she have a religious conversion and stop writing vampire novels?

Just when I thought I had seen it all...

IMHO this "defense" is about putting time between the REAL details of the crime (the prosecution's case) and jury deliberations. Couple it with the "pity" defense and ***POOF*** you have justification for murder??? I think not...As if everyone who was spanked, slapped, yelled at, pushed, and moved around during childhood has a case for KILLING someone.

/RANT

To me it sounded like a normal house where there are family squabbles. I don't believe the "pushed into the door post and getting knocked out" story though. I also don't believe the wooden spoon leaving welts either.

What I got out of her memoirs was they moved a few times when she was a kid. Who cares. Lots of families do for different reasons. This will be spun by the psychologist to say that Jodi had trouble forming bonds with people because she never had that as a child. There were no close friends. *cough*

Then we have the "I was sitting in the car studying when my Dad found me and got mad at me for skipping so he grounded me for a few months" chapter of her memoirs. I call bull**** on the studying part. I got the feeling she was ditching school and running around with Bobby and that is why her parents were mad and rightly so. So her parents grounded her which "forced" her out of the house where she went to shack up with Bobby and from there she worked at a series of cr@ppy jobs and hooked up with boyfriend after boyfriend. Did she ever live on her own and be single? I doubt it. That's where Martinez needs to say that Travis was the first guy that kicked her to the curb and she was desperate as she hadn't fully lined up the next guy yet.

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out how a wooden spoon would leave welts but the slaps to her face from her father would not leave a bruise???

Years ago a fellow employee (an older gentleman) used to walk a girlfriend and me to our homes when it was dark. This was in Brooklyn, in a not very savory part of the city and he insisted on walking on the outside of the street. I asked him why and he said in case people threw garbage out their windows from the tall apt buildings it would come down on him. I thought that's fine if their throwing cartons and cans but what if they throw a piano? I was an idiot and asked him and he got upset and said it's also in case a car loses control and runs up on the sidewalk. I lived in NYC for years and never quite got that picture of flying pianos out of my head. I took the subway whenever I could.

I find it weird that people say shes lieing about the abuse. I dont think shes lieing at all but shes is hoping for more than she will probably get out of it. I feel if she was lieing there would be much more to it.

It probably wont get her far though because many in the jury especially older folks will feel they had the same thing happen to them and they never killed anyone.

I know that the point is to show a pattern but ....

IMO Jodi is a proven liar. Liars lie which makes everything coming out of their mouth suspect.

If Jodi told me it was daytime, I'd have to look outside and see for myself. In real life, once I know someone to be a liar... I don't believe anything they say. I don't have the time or energy to sort through the bs and trying to figure out what's true...what's a lie.

The jury should also discredit her testimony because they know ...going in ... that she's a liar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If her attorney was my husband, I'd of ____ slapped him when he walked in the door..
I would be so humiliated,button the jacket and your clients lips..
Thinking we are going to see some onion tears today.

I'm going to start a new thread in a few minutes and then come back and lock this one. So be ready to jump over.

fran

This testimony is too much self-indulgent, high school nothingness. Nurmi is giving her the false sense that this is actually INTERESTING. She love her little stories, and so should we? This sure is giving Martinez more ammunition to fire at her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal