Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 7TH DAY #40 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please tell me, did JA ever explain what she did with the knife and gun?

We'll be opening a new thread before trial resumes after lunch. So when I bring over a new thread link, please be ready to jump over.

:seeya:

There is no restriction for corrective lenses on her Drivers license. I don't know how California does it, but here in RI on the front of my license it says I have a restriction. The code for that restriction is listed on the back. Which is for Corrective lenses.
In Cali if you fail the eye chart screening, you must wear your glasses for the photo ID and of course for driving. You will be cited if caught not wearing corrective lenses while driving.

What was the Shakespeare play JA invited a deceased Travis to see? Wonder if that's where plucked the word wrath from.
Wrath, wrath, wrath, wrath. Enough already!

Othello -- he murders his innocent wife out of jealousy...it couldn't be more horribly appropriate!

Oh no, this could never go lower than first degree and LWOP

felony murder is also on the table which is 25 to life with possibility of parole.

defense wanted this thrown out but they did not get their wish

IME, every guy I dated (many moons ago) had sexual fantasies. So TA had a fantasy about bondage and sex in the woods. To our knowledge, he never acted on them did he?

I think it was HER fantasies.

That whole "shaking" thing is just ridiculous. It sounds silly and juvenile. Are they trying to go to PTSD?

Pardon if this has already been discussed (and may need to be in the armchair psych thread) but I am really beginning to wonder if JA is "confabulating" (ie: telling stories based upon a story JA told herself that is not necessarily based in other people's reality just hers) or if she is actually lying because it is just so second nature to get out of being held accountable for her own actions?

I understand she has huge motive at this point in time (ie: avoid the death penalty) but TA was pointing this out to her in these text messages. . . . . JA did not just start Lying at the time she murdered TA but this is a pattern of behavior over an extended period of time. She lies when she doesn't need to . . . .she lies to make up lies and all of them have some thread of an interwoven speck of truth.

In my experience I know some Elderly people who will sometimes try to avoid showing they are having memory lapses and will confabulate by telling inordinate details to prove it . . . . ie; what did you have for breakfast today? . . . . I had 2 eggs poached not boiled, with toast and orange marmalade because I remember the toast dropped to the floor and landed jam side down, and then I sat down and the sun was coming through the curtain and I had to move to get the sun out of my eyes . . ..etc.

Anyone have any thoughts on "confabulation"?

I think....he didn't realize she was a psychopath until she was killing him? It's not like he had a lot of experience with healthy relationships.....toxic and ugly is pretty much most of what he knew. That's the fun of a psychopath-unless you know the signs, you don't know what to look for. They blend in. They know how to act to make people think they are normal. Ted Bundy was an expert in this, for instance.

I think you are right but he did say if he died,she killed it :what:

We're not going to get to the murder today, guys. Not while there's still one text out there. Every one of them must be reviewed and talked about ad nauseam. No text left behind!!

When Juan wrapped up the state's CIC, I thought there was no way this trial would go until April. Now I think there's no way she's finish her direct by March at this pace. Nurmi will get to June 2008 and he'll ask her " Let's go back a bit... tell me about the day you were born... what do you remember about your birth... did you cry.... Did anyone call you a baby? ... How did that make you feel.... ?"

I suspect that maybe they never really had vaginal sex. Isn't that possibly JA telling more stories. Aren't we hearing a one sided story, just because she says it happens...well there are all kinds of things she has said that I don't believe. I do think she would have used a pregnancy to try to get what she wanted. But that didn't happen, hum...

That could very well be the scenario. WOAD, Jodi would have gotten pregnant, then she would always be tied to TA.

Okay, so if getting mad (because someone has had his property vandalized, his personal correspondence/things snooped in and/or manipulated, his privacy violated, been subjected to irrational, disturbing mind games, etc.) is abuse, then I'm on the wrong planet.

I have lived through the heII of being the target of raging, frightening, stalking, torturous psychological abuse.

I also know people who get mad and lose their tempers, and they are not abusive because they get angry.

Just about any adult (and many older children) know the difference - even if they're not sure what, exactly. This is just so disgusting.

What would she have had Travis do?

She just expected him to say, "Aw, I know you f'ed me over with this-and-this-and-this and you lied about this-and-this-and-this, and you hurt this, slashed that, embarrassed/scared this person. No sweat - it's fine, I'm over it and I explained things to so-and so.

"And I know you broke into my personal effects/computer/phone and entered my home without permission... but that's okay. Just try to ease up on this stuff a litte, okay? No harm done, you're the best!"

It appears that she did expect him to give her a pass, somehow. Or would forget everything when she'd offer sex and eventually (in her mind) win him over and all would be sweetness and light forever...

Just stunning. Not insane, but severely unbalanced and mentally, developmentally stunted - seems to have stalled at about age 12. (No offense to all the 12yo's out there!)

Great Post!!
Who wouldn't try to 'make up' or say 'sorry' or 'be nice' or 'stay friends' to a person who owed you a decent amount of money?? :waitasec:
Hope the jury notice the DT is only bringing out 'parts' of the texting and realize these leading up to and on May 10th, the infamous 'sex recording'!!

I once heard an expert on stalking (an FBI lady, I forget her name) say that you should never engage the stalker, even negatively; they feed off any attention given to them by their victim.

I had a stalker once in the 6th grade (lol but seriously) he would call me non stop everyday all day. My mother had to change our phone number and he got it from a friend and continued to call at first he was friendly when I answered but when I told him not to call and leave me alone he became nasty. He threatened me and spread rumors about me. He used to show up at my house and stand outside my window. I can understand how one would still communicate/engage a stalker. Its like you're afraid to piss them off not knowing what they'll do next, so you try to be nice to keep them from really getting crazy. Either way its a lose/lose situation. Stalkers are unpredictable.

Jodi could have been on birth control pills too... not sure if we know that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member