long weekend break: discuss the latest here #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched on Mathew and Matthew, McCarthy, and McCartney, and all combinations of that, and there was only one guy shown in either California or Arizona...and it wasn't the one listed in your post.

30a8byw.jpg

You're right.:banghead::furious::please:

I know, I know. I wish she had said that, it would have made it a lot easier. LOL JM's point, though, was that there just was not enough time for her to all that she said she did in 62 seconds. Don't worry it had us all going. Even Steely Dan was doing a happy dance.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/deputy-north-texas-district-attorney-wife-found-dead-at-home-authorities-investigating/2013/03/31/9eecbc78-99b7-11e2-b5b4-b63027b499de_story.html

Texas DA, slain his home

Sorry if this has already been discussed. (my house is full of Easter guests)

I wonder if JM or Flores ever think of this sort of thing. Must make their work even more difficult. :(

Ugh, that's just a few miles from us and I was horrified when the ADA was shot two months ago. I hadn't heard about this :(

Ugh, that's just a few miles from us and I was horrified when the ADA was shot two months ago. I hadn't heard about this :(

I read about the death of the ADA, so this headline caught my eye.

The DA's wife was killed too. :( I wish they would solve this case. It must be very hard for others in the same profession as they wonder about their own safety and their family.

Well found. Yes, she claimed both on direct and on cross that the gunshot came first. When it was pointed out to her that the MD suggested the gunshot might have been last she smirked and said, "well he got that wrong." And she luurves to point out when someone is wrong!

When did she say this and to whom?

The reason I know so much about Mormonism is because I was in leadership in the religion and raised nine children, half in Mormonism and half not. I have been active the last twenty years in helping families stay together even when one no longer believes.

Just wanted to clarify that I am an ex-Mormon.

Did I call you a Mormon? I don't remember doing that.

This would be awesome! However, IMO, both Samuels and LaViolette proved themselves incapable of answering questions with respect to the court.

This is how the the witness would have answered the questions:

Ms. LaViollette, were there any e-mails which indicated that Travis was PHYSICALLY abusive?
I'm not familiar with e-mails. There were texts that were constructed and stored in a sendmail queue. This queue is what actually sent the email. Which by the time the construction texts were stored in the sendmail queue it was not longer an email in the true sense of electronic mail. Therefore, I cannot specify if there are any e-mails which indicated that Travis was physically abusive. We should assume that Travis Alexander was abusive. Jodi Arias is much smaller than Travis Alexander, and, Travis Alexander was stronger than Jodi Arias. Travis Alexander, we know, had a punching bag in his house. We should assume that Travis Alexander pictured Jodi Arias when punching this bag. Nonetheless, this punching bag shows us that Travis Alexander was pro-violence, and, would use violence for conflict resolution.

Were there any e-mails or texts which indicated that the defendant should fear for her life?
Of course, Travis Alexander used the name "TDog." By using this name Travis Alexander was able to make Jodi Arias stay in a perpetual state of fear and insecurity. Here you have a strong male saying, 'I'm T-Rex and a Dog." Travis Alexander was a master of intimidation by using T-Dog. We all know what 'dog' means in our society. T-Dog (TA) used 'dog' charm - the same way puppies and dogs get sympathy with puppy/dog eyes - T-Dog (TA) picked the nickname T-Dog to invoke both intimidation and sympathy from Jodi Arias. Jodi Arias was aware that T-Dog was as dangerous as a T-Rex, but, she overlooked this because Jodi Arias is a victim of how our society grooms females to be intimidated. Any email/text written about Travis Alexander, by Travis Alexander would indicated that Jodi Arias should fear for life because Travis Alexander was T-Dog. By being self named T-Dog nothing more needs to be said - similar to Adolph Hilter - when reading letters written about or by Adolph Hitler you don't need an indication of Hitler's crimes of violence - just seeing the name Hilter is enough. Just seeing the name Travis Alexander would make Arias think T-Dog - and the violence, cruelty, and intimidation the name T-Dog signifies.

Both Samuels and LaViolette, IMO, do not make any sense. Their testimonies, IMO, seem to make as much sense as these fake answers above. I do wish that Samuels and LaViolette did answer yes/no. It is as though they are both skilled in trying to confuse the prosecution/jury. If asked did Arias ever mention a circle - they would answer "No!......well, if you are asking if Arias mentioned a closed curve geometry shape then yes....but never a circle....you're not letting me explain...."

BRILLIANT!:floorlaugh:

It happened.
Juan (pointing to the photo of Travis laying on floor covered in blood) "So this needed to happen BEFORE you shot him, right"
Jodi "That's correct"

Starting at 14:08 when Juan says: "we know there's some action going on..............."

Take out space after 'com' in link otherwise it would automatically embed and we're not allowed to.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWZ5YCuLLgI

Unless you are talking about a different point in the cross, JM switches the photo back to the "ceiling" shot right before he asked that question. Therefore, he was pointing at that shot when he asked the question, and she agreed.

Maybe he asked that question in another place on the cross???

Ditto here, I could never understand the difference until tonight when I read the cause of psychopathy is structural and sociopathy is environmental. :floorlaugh:

Apparently there isn't much difference between the two in the way they manifest themselves which is probably why they are not listed in the DSM-IV and just fall under the catch all category of anti-social personality disorder?? Not sure.

Well, well, I have a son who is a diagnosed psychopath and did have a son who was a violent sociopath. Based on seeing them grow up I can tell you what I experienced as the difference.

The psychotic/schizophrenic struggled constantly with trying to separate delusions from reality. He was angry a lot because he said he knew what people meant to say but they were NOT SAYING IT. They were saying something else. He is doing well on medication and still has random flashes of irrational anger but is never violent because he has empathy. He has compassion, takes insects outdoors (whereas I just kill them). He can't watch sad shows and had to stop watching TV during Newtown, etc. He was a super bright child who took too much LSD and then was shot in a holdup, after which his longtime girlfriend broke up with him. After his psychotic break it came out that he was raped by his sociopath brother--I never knew this. The psychiatrist told me that all these factors lead to his break--he was 23 at the time.

The sociopath on the other hand thought other people's suffering was interesting and sometimes quite entertaining. He just didn't feel what other people felt and looked down on the rest of us as being inferior because of our emotions. He could manipulate me easily because I loved him and felt I deserved to be tricked if I was that gullible. He was violent even to people he loved, raped his brother because he could, fractured his best friend's skull and blamed it on (the usual) random black people. He let me take him to the hospital and sit with him in Emergency for five hours while he watched football. Never had the least bit of regret. This same friend and my son started fights in bars for the opportunity (for my son) to have the joy of beating people up. He learned how to kill people with his bare hands in jail and cheerfully offered to off my exhusband the next time we went to court. (I am not kidding here- he told me the details of his plan). I was horrified beyond belief.

I changed the court date and never told anyone the new date. My son told me he thought he could get "a free one," meaning a murder, because he would easily be diagnosed as psychotic by just acting like his brother. The sociopath was always the way he was from childhood, never had a "breakdown" or a change of personality. He was always cold and always violent--and always handsome and charismatic.

That's my experience, for what it's worth.

Allyne Smithe said:
I think you may be right that she was trying to turn him around, because the very light triangular shape in the top right of that photo corresponds to his bathroom linen closet door being open, which puts him in the wrong direction to being pulled toward the shower. I have yet to see a photo of his bedroom that has anything corresponding to that very light area at the top right of the photo.

Still haven't found which hallway tile square has the very distinctive vein in the tile underneath her foot shadow. If we can find that, we'll know exactly where she was standing when that photo was snapped.
BBM: David Michael produced a video in early March showing where he thinks that tile is located, towards the bedroom close to where the carpet begins. Personally, I think mass produced tile eliminates being able to pinpoint the exact tile - there could be dozens of that particular faux veined tile throughout the room ...
BBM: David Michael produced a video in early March showing where he thinks that tile is located, towards the bedroom close to where the carpet begins. Personally, I think mass produced tile eliminates being able to pinpoint the exact tile - there could be dozens of that particular faux veined tile throughout the room ...

http://youtu.be/Z8MxOfIWlFc?t=3m42s

Think I found it. Some time ago I fiddled with Tawnidilly's pics of the hallway, adjusting the exposure and increasing the Definition, but at the time still couldn't find it. Just now looked at the first one again and it jumped out at me.

I believe it's the very first full-size tile on the right, leading from the bedroom to the bathroom. And it happens to be very close to the spot on the wall where she lost her balance and left her bloody palmprint. It seems like she would have left the bloody handprint while she was turning his body around and lost her balance, because it's her left hand that left the bloody palmprint.

JA turning Travis' body around is also probably what moved the camera so that the final pic is taken from a different vantage point. While most versions of that final photo don't show the edge of a door jutting over the baseboard, one that was shown in a news video does. If that's what it is, then that door edge can only be Travis' master bedroom door. Still trying to figure out if that's what it is for sure.

Now to check out David Michael's video that jusdafacts linked to. Nothing like doing things badakswards. :facepalm::what:

I hope this is OK - if not my apologies mods. I saw a pic of MM before his Myspace was inactive... dark hair, a tad scruffy with a toboggan on. In search today, this is what I found.. and "think" it's the same individual.

Images for matt mccartney picture jodiarias

- Report images

Thank you SC, I had never seen a picture of Matt before.

What is a toboggon? I thought it was a wooden thing you used to sled down a hill in the snow.

:seeya:

The no flash pics are the proof for me that TA didn't know she was there. There was flash for the others. 1+1=2

It wasn't really a photo shoot! Jodi could care less if the pics looked good at all. This was premeditated and no way was she hiding and taking pics for 11 minutes! She simply wanted him in a vulnerable position so she tells him it's a "Calvin Klein Photo Shoot!" and directs him into some "poses". She has the camera in her right hand per testimony from Day 6. She gets her nerve up reaches for her weapon with her left hand and starts the murder.

TexMex I looked up chile relleno, the closest we get to real mexican restaurants around here are Taco Bell. I will have that someday but with MILD chilies!

i think she was stealing out of his bank account stealing small stuff from their friends,,scamming people and denying it and travis finally got proof

Lol juan gets the last word in closing arguments. This is going to make wilmott and nurmi very frustrated, as they have always tried to get the last word, in attempts to force their view on the witnesses.

I'm not a moderator and I am new to WS, so I'll ask:

I, for one, like to see images included in posts that reference images. However, I understand that this is a victim-friendly site and sometimes the photos being discussed are gory images of the victim.

Is it okay to post images behind a spoiler cut? The code goes like this:
Code:
{spoiler}link to photo{/spoiler}
(you have to use the regular square brackets, but I can't seem to get the code tag to work around them)

That way nobody gets a surprise yucky photo unless they click the spoiler link?

I'm not a moderator and I am new to WS, so I'll ask:

I, for one, like to see images included in posts that reference images. However, I understand that this is a victim-friendly site and sometimes the photos being discussed are gory images of the victim.

Is it okay to post images behind a spoiler cut? The code goes like this:
Code:
{spoiler}link to photo{/spoiler}
(you have to use the regular square brackets, but I can't seem to get the code tag to work around them)

That way nobody gets a surprise yucky photo unless they click the spoiler link?

We also have a thread that has graphics in it.

I have a question -- self defense is a plea, but saying one has mental issues (PTSD, for example) is not an acceptable plea for killing someone. It is either self-defense, or manslaughter, or murder (of some degree) -- correct? So why is the DT spending so much time on JA possible PTSD or DV victimhood or anything else?

Lots of people have PTSD or lived through DV and don't kill someone. It isn't a legal defense (is it?). So why are they spending so much time on the topic since it has no bearing on whether or not JA committed murder, manslaughter or self defense?

Am I "missing" something?

I don't know, but my feeling is he diagnosed her with PTSD to legitimize the fog. The fog prevents her from remembering the most heinous part of the crime, which is the overkill part of the crime. If she can't remember it, then she didn't mean to just keep on slaughtering him. Like I said, I don't know if that is why they are spending so much time on it, but that was my take on it.

If the Defense could prove any part of the "I feared for my life so the murder is okay" they would. Their goal at this time is to prevent JA from getting the death penalty. Frankly, I just want this trial to get into the hands of the jury and to avoid a hung jury.! I have this nagging feeling something is going to go wrong. God help that jury...

My belief is that if it hadn't been for her and HLN, this would never have been an issue. Obviously the DT has its finger on the pulse of media. If it weren't for the media, this would never have occurred to the DT and their over the top drama moment. I totally blame Jean Casares and HLN.

I'm starting to worry about the mindset of the jurors too. I find it strange that Jodi Arias admits to stabbing Travis Alexander almost 30 times, slitting Travis Alexander's throat, and shooting Travis Alexander in the head.

Not only does Arias admit to the savage murder of Travis Alexander - there are pictures. We see Travis Alexander slumping down in his shower with his buttocks close to the shower drain - in this picture it is clear that Travis Alexander was not a threat at that time. How could a wet naked man slumping down in his shower be a threat? We see a bloody Travis Alexander with Arias standing over him. We know Travis Alexander was not a threat at this point - he bloody, obviously severely injured, and incapacitated. IMO, Travis Alexander looks incapacitated in the shower picture where he his buttocks is near the drain, and, his upper body appears to be collapsed.

We have two pictures that show Travis Alexander was not a threat.

There are the pictures taken by the medical examiner that show the stab wounds on Travis Alexander's back, his slit throat.

We know that Arias did not suffer any remarkable physical injuries. At no time did Travis Alexander use force against Arias.

The pictures recovered from Travis Alexander's camera - the methodical planning Arias took when traveling to TA's to murder him (the rental car, gas cans, dying her hair) - the horrific deadly injuries Arias inflicted to Travis Alexander - the lack of injuries of Arias' body all come together to show that the murder of Travis Alexander was heinous.

What would motivate Jean Casares to mention her concern about the jury? Did Jean Casares have a desire to become a part of this atrocious murder case?

Everyone deserves a fair trial. We have seen the deadly injuries Arias' inflicted - we have seen Arias explain that she smiled in her booking photo because this is what Travis would do - we have seen Arias give a detailed account of how two people attacked Travis but let her go - we have seen Arias tell so many stories - it is very chilling to know that Arias slaughtered Travis Alexander then went on with her life, sent an 18 page letter to Travis' family knowing that she (Arias) was the cause of TA's death, sent TA's grandmother an Iris flower arrangement.

Again, everyone deserves a fair trial - however, I am not sure what would motivate the "Jean Casareses" of the world to behave in a way that is favorable to the defense, and, makes the prosecution look suspicious.

When you know that someone was brutally murdered - they tried to get away only to end up with deep knife wounds in their back and back of skull - that it is possible that Travis Alexander was awake, and, aware of what was happening as he was bleeding to death from having his neck sliced - fighting to breath but could not because Arias had destroyed his wind pipe when she slit his throat - those 3-5 minutes of Travis Alexander in such agony had to be beyond horrible.

I do not know if Arias has some type of charm that works on some people - charm that motivates the JC's to knowingly behave in a way that helps Arias.

I think that a reasonable person - a person that is interested in the integrity of the courts - a person interested in all defendants having a fair trial - would have contacted JM's office saying something such as, "do not pose with pictures - the defense could use this against you."

If there was a true concern about the jury - it could have been handled quietly and appropriately.

Considering that JC was motivated to insert herself into this murder trial - knowing that questioning JM's behavior outside of court would serve to benefit Arias more than anyone else (including the jury) - I am afraid that one or more of the jurors could have JeanCasaresitus (a condition which motivates a person to aid Arias despite knowing that Arias butchered Travis Alexander).

There is also LaViolette - this is a woman that has dedicated her life to victims of domestic violence. Yet, LaViolette was motivated to be a witness for Arias - LaViolette, I assume, saw the violent wounds Arias inflicted all over Travis Alexander's body - I assume LaViolette saw the pictures of Travis Alexander in his shower not appearing to be a threat - I assume that LaViolette knows the efforts Arias put into going to TA's house unnoticed and Arias' behavior after TA's body was discovered. Still, LaViolette - a person that is supposed to be against violence decided to be a witness for Arias.

It is possible that there could be jury members with the mindsets of LaViolette and Casaresitus - this does worry me.

If your expertise was in victim advocacy - you have spent the majority of your life learning about abuse and victims of abuse - could you in good conscience be a witness for Arias? Doing so seems so wrong - Travis Alexander was the victim in this relationship until the day he was murdered by his abuser. Arias stalked Travis Alexander - she used Travis Alexander - and ultimately she savagely murdered Travis Alexander. How can a victim advocate defend Arias?

Again, it seems as though JC and LaViolette were motivated by some reason to "help" Arias. Does Arias invoke sympathy?

Since we have seen people behave in a manner that assists Arias - there could be some of these people on the jury.

The damage done to Travis Alexander's body should be shown in court each day. I think that people easily forget that Arias slaughtered Travis Alexander, and, went on with her life easily.

Men, women and children are all potential victims. They also could be abusers. I think that it is time for everyone to start standing up for what is right - as individuals doing our best to detect danger, keep others from danger, and work together to make sure that cold blooded murderers such as Arias are not in our society.

I have a serious question. Do you all REALLY think that juries that are NOT sequestered follow the admonitions to NOT watch TV, NOT read the news and any other forms of media when they are taking part in in trials? Especially high profile cases like the Arias Case? If they did watch the news, could it proven? With all the digital media now, it would be easily tracked. Just curious what you all think?

I think some can't help but try to get some info they otherwise can't. I would imagine, if I were a juror and during the times when the judge asks them to go back to the jury room, I personally would be driven crazy to know what happened in my absence :blushing: I also think others want to look but are either scared to get caught . Some may not really think about it outside the court room IDK, people are so different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny