long weekend break: discuss the latest here #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. I'm not sure it's me or what but this is HUGE!!!!

It's everything opposite of what the State of Arizona is paying to defend.

Her defense is self-defense, right?

Here she is, up on the stand and ADMITS, the photos were taken before she 'defended' herself, right?

So why is Travis so full of blood??

This was the 'moment'. And I'm not sure why no one else is as frustratingly excited as I am. And more so, why didn't Juan use that immediately and attack her with it. I think he might've missed it. If not....he's only helping to add to a possible hung jury then because that.....was the smoking gun!!

That made up from all the unjust from all the other cases that went wrong and no one...says a thing *sigh*
Keep the faith. JM knows exactly what he's doing. He may even be keeping these details for his rebuttal.

I'm sure its because I'm really new here but sometimes I wonder how much the DT can pick up from here and how much we inadvertently help them to prepare for their responses. TBH, it worries me. MOO

I just know she went to someone for
attention. She told someone EVERYTHING
all of her BS and I am pretty sure it was MM

~all moo

Great points! I especially like this last one - she may very well have wanted to tell someone about all of her "clever" plans. But that would make MM be an accessory after-the-fact and it would be easy for the prosecutor to lean on him and get him to flip. That might be the "betrayal."

But if that is the case, I can't imagine why the defense team would pursue their current strategy or why this would not already have been revealed. Still, it is an interesting possibility and I look forward to the rebuttal and the closing arguments.

found it...... 2:56 in this video....the pic is of the ceiling when he says......"so this..had to be taken before you shot him"....she answers yes.

Prosecutor Tells Jodi Arias That Her Scenario Is "Impossible" & That She Brought Both Gun & Knife - YouTube

Well found. Yes, she claimed both on direct and on cross that the gunshot came first. When it was pointed out to her that the MD suggested the gunshot might have been last she smirked and said, "well he got that wrong." And she luurves to point out when someone is wrong!

I don't know, seems reasonable to me. I think there's a little too much being made of the whole bishop thing. Travis was a human being. He may have simply succumbed to temptation. Assuming that there was something superhuman about him, or attributing absolutes to his behavior (he would never do that after confessing to the bishop) doesn't seem consistent with what we already know to be true.

I am not bashing the man. I am simply saying that laying down the religion card as though that would have been the last word on the subject is not consistent with the facts as we know them.
:cow:

The reason I know so much about Mormonism is because I was in leadership in the religion and raised nine children, half in Mormonism and half not. I have been active the last twenty years in helping families stay together even when one no longer believes.

Just wanted to clarify that I am an ex-Mormon.

This is what I would do if I was the prosecutor:

Ms. LaViollette, were there any e-mails which indicated that Travis was PHYSICALLY abusive?

No...

Were there any e-mails or texts which indicated that the defendant should fear for her life?

No....

Thank You, I have nothing further Judge...

:wink:

I think the jury would be thrilled to just move it along.

This would be awesome! However, IMO, both Samuels and LaViolette proved themselves incapable of answering questions with respect to the court.

This is how the the witness would have answered the questions:

Ms. LaViollette, were there any e-mails which indicated that Travis was PHYSICALLY abusive?
I'm not familiar with e-mails. There were texts that were constructed and stored in a sendmail queue. This queue is what actually sent the email. Which by the time the construction texts were stored in the sendmail queue it was not longer an email in the true sense of electronic mail. Therefore, I cannot specify if there are any e-mails which indicated that Travis was physically abusive. We should assume that Travis Alexander was abusive. Jodi Arias is much smaller than Travis Alexander, and, Travis Alexander was stronger than Jodi Arias. Travis Alexander, we know, had a punching bag in his house. We should assume that Travis Alexander pictured Jodi Arias when punching this bag. Nonetheless, this punching bag shows us that Travis Alexander was pro-violence, and, would use violence for conflict resolution.

Were there any e-mails or texts which indicated that the defendant should fear for her life?
Of course, Travis Alexander used the name "TDog." By using this name Travis Alexander was able to make Jodi Arias stay in a perpetual state of fear and insecurity. Here you have a strong male saying, 'I'm T-Rex and a Dog." Travis Alexander was a master of intimidation by using T-Dog. We all know what 'dog' means in our society. T-Dog (TA) used 'dog' charm - the same way puppies and dogs get sympathy with puppy/dog eyes - T-Dog (TA) picked the nickname T-Dog to invoke both intimidation and sympathy from Jodi Arias. Jodi Arias was aware that T-Dog was as dangerous as a T-Rex, but, she overlooked this because Jodi Arias is a victim of how our society grooms females to be intimidated. Any email/text written about Travis Alexander, by Travis Alexander would indicated that Jodi Arias should fear for life because Travis Alexander was T-Dog. By being self named T-Dog nothing more needs to be said - similar to Adolph Hilter - when reading letters written about or by Adolph Hitler you don't need an indication of Hitler's crimes of violence - just seeing the name Hilter is enough. Just seeing the name Travis Alexander would make Arias think T-Dog - and the violence, cruelty, and intimidation the name T-Dog signifies.

Both Samuels and LaViolette, IMO, do not make any sense. Their testimonies, IMO, seem to make as much sense as these fake answers above. I do wish that Samuels and LaViolette did answer yes/no. It is as though they are both skilled in trying to confuse the prosecution/jury. If asked did Arias ever mention a circle - they would answer "No!......well, if you are asking if Arias mentioned a closed curve geometry shape then yes....but never a circle....you're not letting me explain...."

Also, why is so much off-topic discussion allowed on these threads? It's hard enough to keep up then FIND them again but all this personal conversation really should be discouraged.

Wouldn't be if there wasn't so much down time in this trial.

It's the long weekend break so I think anything relative can be discussed.

I have a question -- self defense is a plea, but saying one has mental issues (PTSD, for example) is not an acceptable plea for killing someone. It is either self-defense, or manslaughter, or murder (of some degree) -- correct? So why is the DT spending so much time on JA possible PTSD or DV victimhood or anything else?

Lots of people have PTSD or lived through DV and don't kill someone. It isn't a legal defense (is it?). So why are they spending so much time on the topic since it has no bearing on whether or not JA committed murder, manslaughter or self defense?

Am I "missing" something?

I'll take a guess. The PTSD claim is primarily to show why she cannot remember anything that happened after the shooting. They cannot show self defense with the stabbing, so they are hoping that the jury will buy the gunshot as self defense and not consider her lack of recall about the stabbing to be one of her lies.

Of course, that does not make much of a self defense argument, but they have for little else to go on. Maybe they are hoping that the jurors assume the "fog" to be a state of rage and thus a second degree murder. I think they do not have any chance to make it stick, but they have to say something and this is the best they can do.

Of course, this is just a guess, maybe their "strategy" is more nuanced, but I doubt it.

I can understand your excitement, but do consider my post here:

[url="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9138666&postcount=1440"]

I'm not saying I'm right, but I can't imagine JM letting that go if it had really happened.

It happened.
Juan (pointing to the photo of Travis laying on floor covered in blood) "So this needed to happen BEFORE you shot him, right"
Jodi "That's correct"

Starting at 14:08 when Juan says: "we know there's some action going on..............."

Take out space after 'com' in link otherwise it would automatically embed and we're not allowed to.
www.youtube.com /watch?v=yWZ5YCuLLgI

I don't know. I'm not sure it's me or what but this is HUGE!!!!

It's everything opposite of what the State of Arizona is paying to defend.

Her defense is self-defense, right?

Here she is, up on the stand and ADMITS, the photos were taken before she 'defended' herself, right?

So why is Travis so full of blood??

This was the 'moment'. And I'm not sure why no one else is as frustratingly excited as I am. And more so, why didn't Juan use that immediately and attack her with it. I think he might've missed it. If not....he's only helping to add to a possible hung jury then because that.....was the smoking gun!!

That made up from all the unjust from all the other cases that went wrong and no one...says a thing *sigh*

I too also thought this was VERY VERY important and I can only assume that Mr. Martinez is going to pull it out at his rebuttal case. I think he may have intentionally let is slide so that to not tip off the Defense. That is my HOPE anyway. I wish I could email Mr. Martinez but I have to trust he absolutely knows what he is doing which I am sure he does. But, I will say that Mr. Martinez nailed her on that point, it was HUGE!

I too also thought this was VERY VERY important and I can only assume that Mr. Martinez is going to pull it out at his rebuttal case. I think he may have intentionally let is slide so that to not tip off the Defense. That is my HOPE anyway. I wish I could email Mr. Martinez but I have to trust he absolutely knows what he is doing which I am sure he does. But, I will say that Mr. Martinez nailed her on that point, it was HUGE!

Perhaps. But do you see their faces?? Wilmott looks like she wishes she could disappear and Nurmi looks like a pitball waiting to attack.

Jodi looked like she knew she f'ed up too.

I think Jodi meant that the intentional photos were taken before she shot Travis, as far as I know the ones that show Travis' injuries were taken by accident

I hope this is OK - if not my apologies mods. I saw a pic of MM before his Myspace was inactive... dark hair, a tad scruffy with a toboggan on. In search today, this is what I found.. and "think" it's the same individual.
<snip>

I searched on Mathew and Matthew, McCarthy, and McCartney, and all combinations of that, and there was only one guy shown in either California or Arizona...and it wasn't the one listed in your post.

It happened.
Juan (pointing to the photo of Travis laying on floor covered in blood) "So this needed to happen BEFORE you shot him, right"
Jodi "That's correct"

Starting at 14:08 when Juan says: "we know there's some action going on..............."

Take out space after 'com' in link otherwise it would automatically embed and we're not allowed to.
www.youtube.com /watch?v=yWZ5YCuLLgI

The slide JM was referring to was the ceiling shot, not the one with Travis 62 seconds later. Watch it again. You can see him pull the slide of Travis off and he is pointing to the ceiling shot.

It's the long weekend break so I think anything relative can be discussed.

I know. I was snippy because I wanted to share this information and my posts kept getting deleted and I didn't know why. So I'd look for them and kept seeing "Happy Easter everyone" and reading who wasn't visiting whom this holiday so.....I was getting frustrated.

I don't really care but honestly, WS is a very difficult forum to follow. I find it to be any way. Maybe others find it accessible and easy. I don't.

(end rant) :great:

I just can't believe Jodi admitted that Travis was bleeding before she shot him. I mean hell......let Arizona spend ANOTHER 1-million dollars on the frivolous case and increase everyone's taxes. Why not!? I live in Florida so it doesn't effect me (end sarcasm)

The slide JM was referring to was the ceiling shot, not the one with Travis 62 seconds later. Watch it again. You can see him pull the slide of Travis off and he is pointing to the ceiling shot.

You're right.:banghead::furious::please:

His leg isn't crossed over. I initially thought so as well, until someone showed a more complete photo. Also, he has a bruise in that calf in that pic that isn't on his left calf in the autopsy photos, but is on the right calf.

I'd like to see the more complete photo, because I'd have bet $10 on the fact his leg is crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NurseTM