weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were a juror I'd feel obligated to ignore everything JA has said (she is a proven liar) and go by evidence alone. I wouldn't gamble with the idea that perhaps there is some truth to what JA says, try to be a human lie-detector and figure out if there are a few strands of truth in her mountain of lies.

I'd go by evidence alone.

I think that she planned to kill him in the shower all along so as to make the least mess. I think that she knew that TA would probably take a shower after their all day sex-romp (as I'm sure he had done in the past & she betted on him taking a shower on 6/4) -then- all she had to do was make up an excuse to be in the bathroom with him during his shower and this was done with JA's ridiculous idea to take that stupid "shower photo shoot of TA". I think that her plan was to get him into a place that he couldn't escape or call for help easily and a place that would help keep the bloody mess that she would cause by killing TA to a minimum. I believe that JA (foolishly) thought that one stab direct to TA's heart would have been enough to kill him instantly & drop him on spot (ae: in the running shower) -or- if you are of those who believe she shot him first then JA would have foolishly believed that one shot to TA's head would kill him instantly, on spot (this most likely would have been when she was having TA sit down in the shower to pose for the pics of her staged photo shoot). What JA did NOT plan to happen (nor do I think it ever occurred to her) was the fact of how hard it can be to kill a human being; the bloody struggle that can sometimes happen in murder... JA never intended TA to leave that shower IMO, thus we have all of the crazed wounds all over TA and overkill because she had not planned on him surviving her first (and what she thought would be only fatal) blow. TA's wounds, to me, show a killer who was not only full of rage but also they show a killer who was in a frenzy and extremely panicked. TA already survived what JA thought for sure would be a fatal blow/attack (with that first injury that JA inflicted upon him) so I'm sure that JA panicked as this was not how she planned it (and we all know what a great planner/calculator she is). And when TA not only survived that first attack but he also made it OUT of that shower, JA was going to do everything in her power to make sure that TA was not able to take the next step of getting/calling for help, and she did just that; whatever the painful & tortuous cost to TA as well as however much more of a mess that doing so would make. I also think that JA did doubt her ability (as well as the ability of the weapons that she was able to gather/bring with her [ae: a small caliber gun and/or knife]) to deliver a single fatal blow to TA because she brought two weapons with her into that bathroom (if the one that she chose to be her initial deadly weapon of choice did not do the job right away then the other was backup). Dragging TA back into the shower further makes me believe that this is where she wanted him to lay dead all along (plus getting him back to the shower would help wash her blood/DNA off his body that TA would have surely had on him at the time of his death). The best thing is the irony & karma in it all where the very camera that JA used to help perpetrate her murder was the same camera that miraculously kept snapping unintentional -yet crucial- photos that have shown the world both WHO was responsible for TA's grisly murder as well as what a monster that JA really is...
But this is JMO, of course, but I strongly believe most -if not all of what I typed- is the closest to what the reality/truth really was on 6/4/08... Just sharing so as to put out there another perspective/possibility.

*Another reason that I believe that JA's little shower photo op was entirely staged for the purpose of giving her the best advantage of murdering TA w/o being caught is that she immediately deleted ALL of the photos off that camera and then carelessly/foolishly threw it in the washer. C'mon now guys & gals, we all know JA keeps EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that she ever had that dealt with TA. She kept miticulous photographic & written records of everything that he ever gave her and every single thing that they EVER did together. JA NEVER missed a beat! If a "heat of the moment" type killing happened like JA claims, then she would have taken that camera -and the pictures contained inside of it- with her as her sick little trophies, a last momento of TA, so to speak. We're talking about a woman who took photos of underwear that she probably had made up herself - just because it had TA's name on it/them, a woman who kept daily journal entries detailing every single instance that she spoke to TA (and her delusional interpretations to what those conversations entailed), and a woman who -up until that point- took and KEPT photos of every single thing that they did together.... So why would she get rid of the camera that had images contained in it of her last memories with TA? Being as conniving as JA is and considering how well she was able to hide both murder weapons so that no one has been able to find them, she could have took the camera and hid it until years down the road when she had gotten away with TA's murder long enough that she felt comfortable going and retrieving the camera from it's hiding place in order to have/view/look at her sick momento pics and relieve the power she felt on the day of those pics. I think that she never viewed those pics -the pics on 6/4- as she did all the other pics that she took of her and TA. All she viewed the pics that were taken on 6/4 (that were on TA's camera) as were that they were nothing more than a tool to help aid her in doing what she did (murder TA) and she promptly discarded the evidence that was created in doing so (w/o a thought at all) and just for good measure threw it in the wash machine/cycle -with a bunch of bleach- and went on her merry sick way. Again, JMO.

I agree, she never planned for him to leave that shower. I realized this when Juan was questioning her with the crime scene photos and pointed out that next to that massive blood pool at the entryway to the bedroom from the bath, there was a second fainter pattern of blood where someone had repeatedly stepped around the blood pool and had bled the stain into the surrounding carpet, as would happen if someone were trying to clean it. My first thought was how stupid to bother with a blood stain when you have a dead body on your hands. But then I realized, she tried to clean it because her plan had been for it all to be contained in the bathroom, so if someone ducked their head in his bedroom looking for him they would see just see he wasn't there and move on.

That is also why she dragged him back to the shower.

Did you notice when she said on the stand (over and over) 'I'm just here to [examine] domestic violence, that's all, that's what I want PEOPLE to understand.'

Not the jury, not the prosecution...people.:moo::moo:

Yep, sure did!

You really should read about the case from the beginning. Travis was murdered on June 4, his body wasn't discovered until June 9th. So yes, they were living in that house, it smelled, and the roommates had no clue that Travis was upstairs, murdered, the entire time. Therefore, it's pretty safe to assume, the roommates used the kitchen in those 5 days.

HTH

Yes! I heard something about it being a surprise that they didn't notice the smell but I thought they meant when the first walked into the house on June 9th verses entering the bathroom that same day. Ugh, guess my brain wouldn't/ couldn't process that. ugh, that's terrible. Thank you very much!

And, the air con discussion came up also.

Since it was June in AZ and scorching hot, maybe the rooms had there own thermostats and she cranked the the cool on before her shoddy clean-up job.

Also, Travis' body was in the shower, so fluids were going down the drain.

Sorry for sounding so morbid.

Yes, his roommates were in the house for 5 days before they found him. I know, seems crazy, but it's true. JA locked the bedroom door behind her when she left. The roommates assumed he had left for his Cancun trip and weren't concerned that he wasn't around... he traveled a fair amount, so wasn't unusual for him to come and go.

Also, the roommates were kind of passing ships in the night. They all had differing schedules and didn't socialize together, so weren't as aware of what the others were doing.

Now the smell thing... it did smell very bad in there according to the reports, but the roommates thought it was perhaps Travis' dog that left a mess and they say they didn't start smelling it until the day before the body was found.

In one of the interview tapes, Detective Flores talks about how the one roommate who found him was so torn up because he couldn't believe he didn't know, he was totally traumatized by the thought that his roommate was dead in the other room for days. I can only imagine... I would be freaking out!!

Re BBM

JMO
This is a great theory. I agree this is very possible. I keep remembering her statements about staring at him and the dog made some kind of sound that busted her. I really think she was trying to sneak up on him and get close enough to stab him with the knife. Even if the roomate was home, she may have been planning on using the knife as a silent kill.

You make some great points that if she had done it right away and drove right on over to Ryan's house, it would have been much harder to prove she had enough time to drive all the way to Travis house. The whole "ninja" story when she was being interviewed makes me think she really was trying to be that Ninja.

Yes i also agree that it was a great theory and yet another (very possible) possibility... -BUT- considering all that we have heard/seen/read about Jodi is that she sure LOVED her some sex, and especially w/ TA. JA wouldn't DARE kill TA without first treating her sociopathic & narcissistic self to having sex all over the place with TA first though (we all seen/heard all of the evidence that totally paints her as a sex freak/fiend). Maybe she thought that they would get down and dirty as soon as she arrived to TA's place sometime in the early morning & then she would wait until TA fell asleep and that is when she planned to pounce -but- she was so bummed to find out that TA was not up for it/way too tired once she got there and wanted to go to sleep instead. This would ruin her murderous plan because ain't no way Jodi's leaving there with TA dead UNTIL Jodi gets some sex! And from the sounds of the sex tape, Jodi went along with what TA wanted so if he wanted to sleep and not have sex right away then she would claim that is EXACTLY what she wanted to do too (even though in her own sick mind it was anything but what she wanted to do/had hoped). So maybe having her original murderous plans of murdering him in bed being averted/delayed could be why she chickened out & waited until the following day (after she had gotten EVERYTHING that she wanted/came for/her last chance to have sex with TA for the final time) when the next best chance for her to kill him would be when TA is cornered/defenseless in the shower...??

Yes! I heard something about it being a surprise that they didn't notice the smell but I thought they meant when the first walked into the house on June 9th verses entering the bathroom that same day. Ugh, guess my brain wouldn't/ couldn't process that. ugh, that's terrible. Thank you very much!

My understanding is that they had noticed an odor but blamed it on the dog (poor Napoleon!)

:rocker: U're fine Liar!

I agree, she never planned for him to leave that shower. I realized this when Juan was questioning her with the crime scene photos and pointed out that next to that massive blood pool at the entryway to the bedroom from the bath, there was a second fainter pattern of blood where someone had repeatedly stepped around the blood pool and had bled the stain into the surrounding carpet, as would happen if someone were trying to clean it. My first thought was how stupid to bother with a blood stain when you have a dead body on your hands. But then I realized, she tried to clean it because her plan had been for it all to be contained in the bathroom, so if someone ducked their head in his bedroom looking for him they would see just see he wasn't there and move on.

Right on the money imo, she thought she could contain him in the shower area.

So Matt McCartney sees her before and after?

If he doesn't come with anything useful he will be the Kato Kaelin of this case.

MM=KK

Is he going to testify on rebuttal for the state you think?

Excellent summary.
You summed it up real well. It is amazing all the premeditation things she has done. She even called his phone afterwards and left messages on his phone to pretend she did not know he was dead.

And wrote in her journal, "Travis is dead. What happened?!?" :rocker:

She also asked a friend to take her by Travis' house on the way to his memorial service, and smirked at the service. She would have seen many bloodstains at his house because Tawni Dilly took a ton of photos inside the house and the bloodstains were still visible on the walls and baseboards.

Imo she didn't just want him dead, she plotted the most diabolical way to do it. As a self-proclaimed fan of old movies, she had a script in her head. Perhaps Psycho and then Taxi Driver with all its symbolism--Travis, Jodie, Iris, knife, gun at the end, and cleansing water to purify everything.

It won't be lost on the jury. Their first round of questions included, "Were you mad at Travis while you were stabbing him? Why did you take the rope and gun with you? Why didn't you call 911?"

Enrique said he probably got home closer to 6:30 because he'd been taking the bus to save money on gas, and it took a lot longer. He thought he was meant to be spared from the sight.

Here's the pic at 5:28:54. JM moved it on and off the projector so fast most people missed it: Here's the sequence--basically the same shot he ends up in 18 seconds later:

btw I grabbed a screen shot of one of the nude photos Detective Flores showed her. It doesn't appear to be one we've seen, though it's not that much different from the ones we have seen. If anybody's interested in a very faint shot, here it is:

Yes! I second that!

If I were a juror I'd feel obligated to ignore everything JA has said (she is a proven liar) and go by evidence alone. I wouldn't gamble with the idea that perhaps there is some truth to what JA says, try to be a human lie-detector and figure out if there are a few strands of truth in her mountain of lies.

I'd go by evidence alone.

my understanding is that no one was in the house after the murder. They went into the house to check on him and found him dead and called the police. The house would have smelled. Are you saying that they were living in the house, using the kitchen utensils while his body was in the bathroom decomposing? I will double check that to see if I am wrong.

I think you are right. There was yellow crime scene tape all around the front yard. Police would have told the roomies to find another place to stay until their investigation was complete. At that point they (the police) didn't know who actually killed Travis. Besides, how many of us would have stayed in a house where there had been a murder? Too creepy. :twocents:

Sorry if this has been posted already.

This is good! :rocker:

After a 12 news story on prosecutor Juan Martinez and his fan base is entered into evidence on a prosecutorial-misconduct hearing during the Jodi Arias trial, 12 news explains why the story was really done.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2261149720001

My hatred for HLN continues to grow: :banghead:

:eek:fftobed:

Totally Agree. HLN = GARBAGE.

I think you are right. There was yellow crime scene tape all around the front yard. Police would have told the roomies to find another place to stay until their investigation was complete. At that point they (the police) didn't know who actually killed Travis. Besides, how many of us would have stayed in a house where there had been a murder? Too creepy. :twocents:

HI Dani, I was wrong. A couple of people explained it to me if you want to scroll up. Basically, Travis' body was in the shower decomposing while the roommates were living in the house. they didn't know that he was there. sad.

And wrote in her journal, "Travis is dead. What happened?!?" :rocker:

She also asked a friend to take her by Travis' house on the way to his memorial service, and smirked at the service. She would have seen many bloodstains at his house because Tawni Dilly took a ton of photos inside the house and the bloodstains were still visible on the walls and baseboards.

Imo she didn't just want him dead, she plotted the most diabolical way to do it. As a self-proclaimed fan of old movies, she had a script in her head. Perhaps Psycho and then Taxi Driver with all its symbolism--Travis, Jodie, Iris, knife, gun at the end, and cleansing water to purify everything.

It won't be lost on the jury. Their first round of questions included, "Were you mad at Travis while you were stabbing him? Why did you take the rope and gun with you? Why didn't you call 911?"

Enrique said he probably got home closer to 6:30 because he'd been taking the bus to save money on gas, and it took a lot longer. He thought he was meant to be spared from the sight.

Here's the pic at 5:28:54. JM moved it on and off the projector so fast most people missed it: Here's the sequence--basically the same shot he ends up in 18 seconds later:

btw I grabbed a screen shot of one of the nude photos Detective Flores showed her. It doesn't appear to be one we've seen, though it's not that much different from the ones we have seen. If anybody's interested in a very faint shot, here it is:

BBM: Did she actually write what I bolded in her journal? I didn't know that. Just another incident of Jodi lying to her journal and proof that the journal was indeed intended for others to read.

Thanks for posting that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member