MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds promising but they are focused on cross referencing that van again. :doh: I hope that isn't ruling out other leads.

Either they have something much stronger that they aren't releasing than a weirdo flirting with her two hours earlier in a gray van to make it such a focus, or maybe they want the perp to be lulled into security because he doesn't have a van. :please:

If they narrow the pings down (saying it's the towers they're checking for pings) to the 10:55-11:15pm window; and the one mile radius (like I hope they're doing) there shouldn't be a whole lot of people there at that EXACT time. Hopefully, they'll question everyone. :please:

Reading this again...are we tipping a hand and getting someone to try to dump their phone?

This is providing an awful lot of explanation of technique before apprehending someone isn't it? Granted information is available if you look, but what's the goal in saying, "here is how we will find you?"

Hopefully it'll scare the (choice words) ahem creep into giving Jessica back.

Well, that's enough excitement for one night. I can't tell if it's the "thrill of the chase" or the caffeine in my system combined with exhaustion. But, I'm shaking like a leaf. Here's to praying Jessica comes home soon to be with her baby. <3 and happy sleuthing to all. Oh, and I can't wait to talk to GoldenLotus. So much to look forward to tomorrow. Gnite all. :)

Wow that is really crazy. It would be interesting to know where the rest took place. BTW if anyone has questions I live in the area and know Jessica. I have a ton of my own theories but they are all just speculation. I know from her character what she would/wouldn't do though. I have been reading your various threads on here about for instance the $400 in her purse. Did anyone get fingerprints off of that? Makes me wonder if her boss stopped in to give her an advance pay or pay under the table. Part of me also wonders if the minivan played a part of this at all or if it is just leading them on a wild goose chase.

:wagon: Goldlotus! :welcome:

I am sorry you are going through this hard time... Wondering about the safety of a person you know (Jessica)...:hug:

but it is so helpful to have locals on board... Especially one who knows Jessica!

:seeya:

Life has been so hectic these last few days. I really was hoping to come back and see they had found her.

What's been happening? Any developments?

Nine days. I don't feel like I know anything more than I knew the day after she disappeared.
Trust the witness accounts of van and poi? Not so sure.
Jessica did not have a cell phone at work? Or she did.
This could be, or could not be related to credit card/lottery fraud.
The cash drawer was left on the counter? It was left in the register?
There was no sign of a struggle. Or there is possible blood.
The witness saw a struggle outside the station. Or she didn't.
Really, I could make this list 2 pages long. I am trying to think of things that we can be sure of.
We can be sure that Jessica is missing.
We can be sure that robbery (of cash) was not the motive, as money was available and not taken.
We can be sure that there seems to be a lot pointing toward a gray or silver van, but no real evidence there was one involved in her disappearance.
We can be sure that the Exxon owner is suspicously rude and defensive, but according to LE is not a person of interest.
Anyone care to add to the list of what we know?

Nine days. I don't feel like I know anything more than I knew the day after she disappeared.
Trust the witness accounts of van and poi? Not so sure.
Jessica did not have a cell phone at work? Or she did.
This could be, or could not be related to credit card/lottery fraud.
The cash drawer was left on the counter? It was left in the register?
There was no sign of a struggle. Or there is possible blood.
The witness saw a struggle outside the station. Or she didn't.
Really, I could make this list 2 pages long. I am trying to think of things that we can be sure of.
We can be sure that Jessica is missing.
We can be sure that robbery (of cash) was not the motive, as money was available and not taken.
We can be sure that there seems to be a lot pointing toward a gray or silver van, but no real evidence there was one involved in her disappearance.
We can be sure that the Exxon owner is suspicously rude and defensive, but according to LE is not a person of interest.
Anyone care to add to the list of what we know?

Thanks for this list, Flutterby...:seeya:

FWIW... At least seeing, in black and white, the inconsistencies... And lack of concrete facts... Helps me understand why I am so confused! :crazy:

JMO

Wow. I finally get to post. I'm a newbie.

I am here because for some reason, I have taken interest in this case. Jessica seemed like such a nice person and what has happened to her really makes me angry. So much for my emotions.

I joined because I wanted to offer my opinion. I think you may have a serial rapist/killer. If you look in the NamUs database, Lisa Night disappeared on June 8, 2012 from Ossineke, MI. She was 29 years old, about 5' 0" tall, blonde hair, between 110 to 130 lbs. She had tattoos and piercings. All this sounds very similar to Jessica.

I believe they said the van was headed north. Ossineke is north of North Shores. Mapquest says it's about a 5 hour drive from North Shores to Ossineke. Split the difference that's about 2 1/2 hours to either location. Very convenient.

My observation of these kind is that they abduct the victim, have their way with them and then terminate them (let us hope not in this case). For some time they are fearful of getting caught, to some degree remorseful and satisfied. But after some time ( about 6 months or so), their desire takes over again and they repeat with a victim of similar characteristics. The more often they do this, the less time there is between occurrences as they lose all sense of conscience and become braver. If my suspicion is correct, Jessica maybe his second victim ( thus the few little mistakes he has made).

Just a theory, my gut leads me there.

I am disappointed that LE did not do a 1 week stop check for all vehicles traveling in the vicinity of the Exxon between the hours of 8 pm and 2 am, or whatever, this past Friday.

People tend to remember what they did, who they saw, within an exact time reference (1 week ago Friday).

Who knows, they may have stopped the perp himself, in a different vehicle. That is how they caught one of Canada's most notorious killers (former Colonel Russell Williams). A stop check, 1 week to the day of his last victim's abduction, in the vicinity of her home. He drove past it every night on his way home from work.

I am disappointed that LE did not do a 1 week stop check for all vehicles traveling in the vicinity of the Exxon between the hours of 8 pm and 2 am, or whatever, this past Friday.

People tend to remember what they did, who they saw, within an exact time reference (1 week ago Friday).

Who knows, they may have stopped the perp himself, in a different vehicle. That is how they caught one of Canada's most notorious killers (former Colonel Russell Williams). A stop check, 1 week to the day of his last victim's abduction, in the vicinity of her home. He drove past it every night on his way home from work.

I'm not sure that would be legal....anyone know?

Wow. I finally get to post. I'm a newbie.

I am here because for some reason, I have taken interest in this case. Jessica seemed like such a nice person and what has happened to her really makes me angry. So much for my emotions.

I joined because I wanted to offer my opinion. I think you may have a serial rapist/killer. If you look in the NamUs database, Lisa Night disappeared on June 8, 2012 from Ossineke, MI. She was 29 years old, about 5' 0" tall, blonde hair, between 110 to 130 lbs. She had tattoos and piercings. All this sounds very similar to Jessica.

I believe they said the van was headed north. Ossineke is north of North Shores. Mapquest says it's about a 5 hour drive from North Shores to Ossineke. Split the difference that's about 2 1/2 hours to either location. Very convenient.

My observation of these kind is that they abduct the victim, have their way with them and then terminate them (let us hope not in this case). For some time they are fearful of getting caught, to some degree remorseful and satisfied. But after some time ( about 6 months or so), their desire takes over again and they repeat with a victim of similar characteristics. The more often they do this, the less time there is between occurrences as they lose all sense of conscience and become braver. If my suspicion is correct, Jessica maybe his second victim ( thus the few little mistakes he has made).

Just a theory, my gut leads me there.

:welcome: Plude! :wagon:

Very interesting and plausible points made in your first post!

I believe I have heard of similar LE stop points in a few other cases I have followed...

I don't know what the legalities of this practice is, though...

LE create stop points for "driving under the influence of alcohol" checks...

could this be a similar practice?

:dunno:

What wouldn't be legal? A stop check? They do them all the time in Canada, for whatever reason they want. LE can stop traffic if they are looking for someone, something, drinking and driving (we call them R.I.D.E. programs, Reduce Impaired Driving Everywhere).

I know LE did them in Holly Bobo's case at the on-ramps, I believe, trying to remember. LE used them in Elizabeth and Lyric's case, investigating the trunks, I believe.

Oh, yes, they can be very useful, when used at opportune times.

This is fascinating.... What gave the Colonel Perp away when LE stopped him?

TIA....:seeya:

Wow!

31 guests following this thread!

Welcome... And please consider joining us in helping to find this gal!

What are the odds that while looking at the video of the van at Coin Zone and at Homestead bar, LE backed it up to see if the same van used the same route heading in the opposite direction earlier in the day? If they did and the video showed the van, is this something they would mention?

This is fascinating.... What gave the Colonel Perp away when LE stopped him?

TIA....:seeya:

There were tire tracks lifted from the victim's home (scene of abduction) and in this case, they were extremely unusual.

One tire out of the four on the SUV had been installed backwards, the tread was an extremely rare and high-end tire.

Williams SUV had 1 tire installed backwards, when he went through the check.

LE didn't even have the stop check quite set-up and ready to go, but, Williams SUV fit one of the known vehicles that such a tire could be installed on, so they waved him over anyway.

Only problem was, he was in charge of the Military Base, and was the one issuing orders for the victim's SAR. High level, indeed. Don't even get me going. :furious:

You want to read about a pyschopath monster serial killer, with 2 lives, who fooled the Queen of England and Prime Ministers abound, look him up. :furious:

Some investigative techniques really work, and that's why I am frustrated with what seems to be going on in this case.

What are the odds that while looking at the video of the van at Coin Zone and at Homestead bar, LE backed it up to see if the same van used the same route heading in the opposite direction earlier in the day? If they did and the video showed the van, is this something they would mention?

I would like to think that would be the second thing they would have done, after watching the video of the van going by at 11:04 pm.

I get the feeling LE is feeling pressured to tell us what they can, but, I am very hopeful that there is alot we don't know.

"Normally" they will only release very specific information in a case. I always have the utmost respect for LE, but, I can't shake the feeling that in this case, they really need help. I don't know why.

They need to have a live press conference, where they speak directly to their citizens. The people of Muskegon need reassurance.

JMO

What wouldn't be legal? A stop check? They do them all the time in Canada, for whatever reason they want. LE can stop traffic if they are looking for someone, something, drinking and driving (we call them R.I.D.E. programs, Reduce Impaired Driving Everywhere).

I know LE did them in Holly Bobo's case at the on-ramps, I believe, trying to remember. LE used them in Elizabeth and Lyric's case, investigating the trunks, I believe.

Oh, yes, they can be very useful, when used at opportune times.

That tactic was used after the abduction of Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins in Evansdale last July ... still unsolved, but they did take note of everyone in the area shortly after the abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member