MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I've personally got the feeling we're looking for a body.

Your post reminds me of the diversion tactics Jessica Ridgeway's perp used when trying to mislead LE... (IIRC... He dropped Jessica's backpack in an "opposite" direction from where she was later found...)

JMO

heart wrenching.

Good thinking Clue. He may have totally pulled a u-ee (sp? Knowing the cameras would've seen him heading in that direction. Crap. Maybe he went South...

I don't think I've personally got the feeling we're looking for a body.

I haven't wanted to say that LE might be looking for a body, but the more time that passes since Jessica's disappearance, the less likely it is that she will be found alive. I want to remain hopeful but the reality might not be so favorable given that Jessica has been missing for nine days. :moo:

I believe the fracking thing has not really taken off here yet. There was just an informational meeting/debate about it at the community college in the last week or so. They are trying to get the public on their side before they commit resources, I believe.

That being said, your description of what is going on elsewhere does not make me too excited to have it happen here.

it is a bad deal and causes earthquakes.
but, I think there's enough related to the industry to look into.

I know the sand company in Norton Shores provides sand for fracking - I guess they need pure silica sand to fill in the crevices where the oil comes out or something.

drilling rights are being sold and private landowners are selling rights to mine sand on their properties.

http://www.greeningofthegreatlakes.com/modules.php?name=Programs&op=news&sp_id=286&m1=31&cat_id=36

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2013/03/west_michigan_environmental_ac.html

"The Nugent Sand Company, Inc. – Leader in supplying sand to the Oil, Natural Gas, and Foundry Industries."
http://www.nugsand.com/

it may just be because of Sherry Arnold in MO, and what I see in my "imagination", but the more I think about it and look into it, the oil fracking and sand mining boom industries in Michigan are likely areas the perp could be from. so he may be temporarily local, and maybe not immediately local. either a temp worker at Nugent sand or at another sand mining or oil fracking field nearby.
apparently, drugs, DUI's, and arrests are skyrocketing in areas where sand mining and oil fracking are happening. all kinds of guys come from all over to find easy money.

Parts of this case have been reminding me of Sherry Arnold's case...

Fracking... Etc....

but I couldn't recall her name..

some good points on your post!

:smile:

This is one of the simplest explanations and an obviously possible angle of who the perp could be that I've seen presented. It would explain why guitar guy :guitar: thinks he recognizes the voice. (He said he'd recognize the voice but it could be that he recognized the voice.) It would also explain why the guy, if he showed up hours earlier when the silver van was noted, would speak to Jessica the way guitar guy reported to LE he did. He would be familiar with Jessica, the gas station, the jobs at hand, the rules, etc. So, 'hey, what are you doing out here?' fits.

Then, after speaking to Jessica, he leaves but cannot stop thinking about her. He knows there aren't any cameras, he knows what time the station closes, he knows what she'd likely be doing and when, and he knows he would like to have her but she (maybe in the past) rejected him. Maybe he begins to drink or takes some drugs and returns to the station at 10:55 p.m. and tells Jessica a lie concerning the gas station to lure her outside and then he overtakes her and gets her into the van.

Since LE doesn't tell us everything, the possibility of a previous employee being the perp seems logical and fits with some of the weird witness accounts we've heard. Also explains why LE may be taking the witness accounts very seriously. The only thing is, wouldn't LE be able to locate a particular person such as this one easily. I would think so and, by now, might have a good idea of whether or not this person is involved. Yet they haven't let on that they've made contact with sketch guy or interviewed him. So does that mean LE can't find him? Or have they found him but haven't pinned enough evidence down yet in order to arrest him.

:Welcome1: to Websleuths happy2bgrandma47.

Thanks for the welcome! I think They haven't pinned him down with enough evidence yet.

I am unaware of a website that lists all criminals in the area. However, here is a site that lists Registered Sex Offenders (RSOs). Most have mugshots. You can click the Michigan Department of Corrections (MDOC) number link below their mugshot to access their criminal history. Most have the MDOC link. Here is the link to the website.

http://www.mipsor.state.mi.us/

Just to note, Norton Shores is in Muskegon County if you want to search by county. Or if you want to narrow it by zip code, Norton Shores has a couple that I am aware of. 49441 is where the station is located. You can also search by city. Muskegon would include all applicable zip codes. I hope this helps.

Thankyou so much for taking the time to help me with that misterGwriter. You've been very helpful indeed.

Is he from the smilies here? When looking, I could swear I saw a turkey here before, just must have missed him. Gobble gobble. :clap::giggle:

I may be a lousy Websleuther...

but I can find a WS smilie in a wink of an eye! :wink:

here you go..... : turkey :....... :turkey:

:D

:seeya:

Manistee National Forest actually is huge and not just in Manistee. I lived in Holton for awhile, and there was Manistee National Forest there. I don't know if that is state or federal land...well duh...I guess if it's a national forest it must be federal! Think I answered my own question.

Also, I know that if someone is murdered on national land, they are subject to the death penalty. There was a murder up there years ago. They couldn't prove she was killed on federal land, but she was found on federal land so he was tried accordingly. Let me go looking.....

I remember the story. He killed her, put her in a lake, and her baby was never found. Seems like it was in Newaygo County - is that the Manistee Natl Forest?

Maybe this will help, Woe...

:turkey:

:D

I agree... Poor turkeys!

Michigan turkey season opened April 22 and it closes on May 31. There are many seasons, but when one ends one day, the next one begins the following day, until May 31. Tens of thousands of people go out turkey hunting and hopefully someone will discover some valuable information while they are out there. It finally warmed up in Michigan and people are out all over the place. I might as well add that trout and salmon seasons are in and the rivers and lakes will be full of people. Lawn maintenance has begun and some farmers are out in the fields. It was cold until last week and people are outside now. Shed hunters and hikers are in the woods.

So this article says her cell phone was left inside Exxon...

It really does sound like they have more clues than we think that will result in them finding who this is.

Her phone was left at home with Dacota and her son. They only had one and she could use the store phone to call him.

Not completely O/T but I don't know what to make of this. Someone thinks that the cases ARE connected. When I think it's just an isolated incident.IMO See what you let me know your thoughts.

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...ssica-heeringa-kelli-bordeaux-and-holly-bobo/

Wow that is really crazy. It would be interesting to know where the rest took place. BTW if anyone has questions I live in the area and know Jessica. I have a ton of my own theories but they are all just speculation. I know from her character what she would/wouldn't do though. I have been reading your various threads on here about for instance the $400 in her purse. Did anyone get fingerprints off of that? Makes me wonder if her boss stopped in to give her an advance pay or pay under the table. Part of me also wonders if the minivan played a part of this at all or if it is just leading them on a wild goose chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann