Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #4 **ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Cell Phone to Farm in Ayr

If both vehicles were at the cell phone drop, one would have taken a different route than HWY 8 to the hangar in Waterloo, IMO.

If TBs truck went to the hangar, its the vehicle that took a path similar to this map, leading to the farm which is now my main focus. There are only a few places to cross the Grand River heading north. It would have been hard to reach the farm without going through either Paris or Princeton.

If anyone listen to CTV and Global , it seems that DM had fiance , the photo of the asian girl in red dress he was kissing ..

Did not hear about fiance but the girl in photos is Ukrainian not Asian...unless we are looking at different photos. I am curious....

Several posters have said the tats on TB's fingers are actually on another person and NOT TB..... and I agree it is not TB's hand. look at the other hand with out the tats... TB wears ring on pinky finger, the tat guy has ring on ring finger.

I don't recall stating there were tattoos on TB's fingers.

Hello All,
This is the second case I have followed closely on Web Sleuths; the first being the murder of NP in Sarnia. Was really hoping for good news today in regards to TB, but those hopes were dashed during the early morning press conference.
I have been thinking about this case quite a bit the last few days. As most have stated, I think there is a whole lot more to this than the simple act of stealing a truck.
One theory I have pondered, and again this is just my opinion, are that drugs are perhaps behind all of this.
Perhaps DM ran a drug operation. The abandoned farm would make this a valid suggestion, with plenty of land (marijuana) or building (meth/cocaine lab.) I am now wondering if perhaps they not only wanted TB's truck, but also him personally, to use as a drug mule. His truck was a large-scale model with plenty of room in side panels, etc., to pack and conceal drugs. By taking both him and his truck, I wonder if their plan was to force him to drive across the border with their shipment packed in his truck, of course, under threat to himself and family if he didn't co-operate. (This also plays into the comment from the police about his daughter being "safe and out of danger.")
I'm wondering if something went wrong along the way with this plan, and TB struggled or tried to flee. They then had no choice but to murder him.
Again, just a theory. I'm sure there are so many more out there. I just can't wrap my head around DM and company risking everything to get a new engine or truck. If they wanted to steal a truck, there are plenty of easier ways to go about it - without having to deal with a potential witness(s). Huge difference between the consequences of theft over $5000 and kidnapping/murder.
The drug theory also would fit in well with the whole aviation background.

I imagine we will get to the bottom of this one day in the future. Until then, anyone's guess.

For those that also followed the case of NP in Sarnia, did you notice the coincidence that both of the accused in that case and this, had only a handful of "friends" on the social media site, Facebook? Both approx. a dozen and a half. I thought it was an interesting comparison.

Cheers,
Justin

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2013/05/14/20819921.html
"Kavanaugh said Bosma had no connection to Millard and no criminal record. The image emerging of Bosma since his disappearance — that of a devoted family man and devout Christian — is true, he said.

Police asked the public to continue to come forward with tips that may lead them to suspects.

"These people talk," he said. "They talk to other people and we need those people to call the tip line and supply information to identify the other people involved in this crime."

Yes they might have pretended to do some type of car jacking or pulling over the vehicle...multiple possibilities.

The surprising thing (to me) is that it didn't occur to me sooner, since it was my first thought when I was in a similar situation a few years ago. I was driving someone unknown to me who was acting suspiciously in my vehicle. He kept pointing out a truck which was apparently following us, which was apparently why he wanted to be let out in a dark alley in a remote neighborhood (yeah, that makes sense) which prompted me to go to the nearest convenience store I knew would have surveillance (but still close enough to where he claimed he was going that he could walk) and demanded he get the *advertiser censored** out of my car before I called 911.

That's just one of the numerous reasons I feel so close to this case.

I'm glad this picture was posted again. My friend told me that these can be rented and livestock farmers use them to incinerate....livestock.He said that this one looked as if it had not been outside for long and was most likely rented<Just His Opinion

Probably not the most useful info, but here's the make and model of it. SN1000 by SuperNova Manufacturing, Inc. http://www.supernovamfg.com

Attachments

• sb1000.jpg
    sb1000.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 56
You do realize there are 2 mods on the tim bosma FB page, both with the same initials. The PL that has been updating it is not the same PL that is the flight instructor. From my understanding the PL that is the flight instructor is part of tim Bosma's family. I am from the area.

The surprising thing (to me) is that it didn't occur to me sooner, since it was my first thought when I was in a similar situation a few years ago. I was driving someone unknown to me who was acting suspiciously in my vehicle. He kept pointing out a truck which was apparently following us, which was apparently why he wanted to be let out in a dark alley in a remote neighborhood (yeah, that makes sense) which prompted me to go to the nearest convenience store I knew would have surveillance (but still close enough to where he claimed he was going that he could walk) and demanded he get the *advertiser censored** out of my car before I called 911.

That's just one of the numerous reasons I feel so close to this case.

Never pick up hitchhikers.

Not related to the case, but a friend who was training for the OPP was accompanying investigating officers in Caledonia and he told me of some very nasty and unreported biker related killings that occured there about 12-15 years ago.

Oh wow, never heard of that and during that time I was going to school in Caledonia. I'll have to ask my parents if they knew anything. Small community and people talk. If my parents didn't know, I'm sure my brother in law could check it out. He's an OPP officer in Cayuga.

Did not hear about fiance but the girl in photos is Ukrainian not Asian...unless we are looking at different photos. I am curious....

it sounded like he said asian but I could of be mistaken.. hard to see her face ,

The area the phone was found, is off a short dead end street, less than 500 meters from the exit from the 403, and directly the place to turn and head north towards ayr. The end of the street is a turn about, and the beginning of very popular walking trail.

It is also the only entrance that hundreds of transport trucks use to access a huge distribution warehouse on the same road, Fen Ridge Crt, Brantford.

In my opinion, based on personal knowledge of the area, multiple people and cameras would have seen the vehicles, but to stop at the end of the road and go for a short walk would not be out of place, even after dark. Lots of people take a wrong turn at Oak Park and Fen Ridge and simply use the turn about to get back on the highway.

Still, there are cameras there, which can see the street traffic. Hoping they are being looked at by LE.

That SS character, listed on one of the boards, his occupation was Truck Driver.
-He would have had good knowledge of the area.

Looks like Dell sold a house in Oakville in the last year that was listed on propertyguys.com listed at $829,000. There is a number listed, but nothing else associated with that number.

Not sure this is helpful or interesting in anyway. Although if it turns out that this wasn't DM's first crime, then I would think they should be looking at all associated properties.

Never pick up hitchhikers.

[OT] He wasn't even a hitchhiker. He initially knocked on my front door and pleaded with me to call a cab. It was poor judgement on my part. It was the middle of December, freezing out, a cab wouldn't be able to make it for an hour and I didn't want to invite him into my house to wait so I just offered a ride to get rid of him. These people are manipulative bastards.

I have just spent 30min looking over the past 10plus pages of posts on the other thread to find a answer to my question. Someone referenced that AM was cleared today? Was this in the news? I can't find any info on it. Can anyone provide any info...to get me up to date. Heck I looked over the FB page and thought there was some HUGE coincidences there. Thanks:

At the 2:30PM presser yesterday the officer was asked specifically about AM and the officer replied that he had been interviewed and is not a suspect in this case.

Here is a link to the presser (sound level is very poor)

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/sto...-bosma-search-kitchener-waterloo.html?cmp=rss

Not related to the case, but a friend who was training for the OPP was accompanying investigating officers in Caledonia and he told me of some very nasty and unreported biker related killings that occured there about 12-15 years ago.

Are you sure your buddy didn't say "Sarnia reservation"? I know this case well and it was about 15 yrs ago. The John Dillon Jr murder. It was awful and horribly inhumane what they did to him!

Hello All,
This is the second case I have followed closely on Web Sleuths; the first being the murder of NP in Sarnia. Was really hoping for good news today in regards to TB, but those hopes were dashed during the early morning press conference.
I have been thinking about this case quite a bit the last few days. As most have stated, I think there is a whole lot more to this than the simple act of stealing a truck.
One theory I have pondered, and again this is just my opinion, are that drugs are perhaps behind all of this.
Perhaps DM ran a drug operation. The abandoned farm would make this a valid suggestion, with plenty of land (marijuana) or building (meth/cocaine lab.) I am now wondering if perhaps they not only wanted TB's truck, but also him personally, to use as a drug mule. His truck was a large-scale model with plenty of room in side panels, etc., to pack and conceal drugs. By taking both him and his truck, I wonder if their plan was to force him to drive across the border with their shipment packed in his truck, of course, under threat to himself and family if he didn't co-operate. (This also plays into the comment from the police about his daughter being "safe and out of danger.")
I'm wondering if something went wrong along the way with this plan, and TB struggled or tried to flee. They then had no choice but to murder him.
Again, just a theory. I'm sure there are so many more out there. I just can't wrap my head around DM and company risking everything to get a new engine or truck. If they wanted to steal a truck, there are plenty of easier ways to go about it - without having to deal with a potential witness(s). Huge difference between the consequences of theft over $5000 and kidnapping/murder.
The drug theory also would fit in well with the whole aviation background.

I imagine we will get to the bottom of this one day in the future. Until then, anyone's guess.

For those that also followed the case of NP in Sarnia, did you notice the coincidence that both of the accused in that case and this, had only a handful of "friends" on the social media site, Facebook? Both approx. a dozen and a half. I thought it was an interesting comparison.

Cheers,
Justin

That wouldn't make sense, as that truck would never have made it across the border. I'm sure US Border Patrol was put on alert as soon as Tim was listed as missing. I doubt they would have planned something like that, as it would be pretty impossible to actually work.

Either Tim or his truck would be spotted immediately trying to cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare