George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread 9 (For Friday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many people know GZ's mom is Hispanic? I bet a lot are surprised, IMO.

IMO it's going to take a courageous jury to vote Not Guilty. They may be inclined to convict out of fear (not unjustified) for their own safety.

I hope I'm wrong.

I hope you are too. Either way, they should be left alone. I pray they base their verdict on facts presented and not emotion.

Some keep talking about GZ bad behaviors before TM's death. How about the records of TM's bad behaviors? I am glad this case will go to a jury, regardless of the outcome, rather than to WS posters like all of us. This case should be judged by facts presented in court. If one WS member is going to talk about the past of GZ, let's bring up the past of TM also and be fair.

The death of TM was a tragedy but none of us were there so we don't even know what happened between those two men. IMO, not much has been presented in court. That doesn't mean I know what happened. But if you want GZ to go to prison, shouldn't the prosecution have had some direct evidence? It's very very sad someone died but not knowing what really happened and judging by emotion is very scary. All MOO.
(BBM) I agree, except that as usual, many of 'us' are more informed about TM and his family than the jury is because of what has been posted elsewhere. The judge forbids any mentions of TM's past yet allows the state to refer to GZ's impressions of TM's actions that night as preposterous - the records show otherwise. I don't take the Zimmerman's perjury charges lightly at all, but criticizing them for accepting money is another thing, IMO. They are not the only one's in this case accepting or going after $ in this case...

What I found to be incredibly sad was that someone, most probably GZ, was yelling for help as he said, no one came to help him. I don't think it was because they didn't want to help, but more so that they were afraid to help. It is more of a referendum on the status of our society today. Personally, I don't know what I could have done other than to call the police as the neighbors did.

I was discussing this trial with a woman who lives in FL, and she said she would have gone out no problem, with her .38 aimed and ready to fire. She would have no problem doing that. I don't own a gun, and I am chagrined to say that I would have been afraid to render assistance, when someone was yelling for help.

Agree 100% we live in an unsafe world. Since no gun here, but with or without one, know I would not go out. I would not even open my door if someone was banging on it yelling HELP. Could be a ruse for a home invasion. Sad but true.

Also as I recall GZ had two passports.
One was valid and one had expired. He turned in the expired one, as he was required to turn in his passport, but told his wife to put the valid one in, as I recall, a safe-deposit box. I may not have all of this exactly right, but it did concern his keeping the valid passport, IMO.

GZ and SZ played some games with his passports, IMO.
In court documents, State Attorney Angela B. Corey also said that Zimmerman had two passports, and the passport that he surrendered to the court at the April hearing was one that Zimmerman had reported stolen on March 8, 2004. That passport was valid until May 2012, Corey said.

Zimmerman was issued a second passport on March 26, 2004, and that one is valid until 2014, she said.

The prosecutor asked the court that Zimmerman be ordered to surrender the second passport to authorities.

But Lester appeared to accept the explanation from Zimmerman's lawyer that his client had given him the second passport, and the lawyer simply forgot to hand it over to authorities until Friday.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/01/justice/florida-teen-shooting

See…this is why I could never be a judge. When a long winded attorney stood before me and prattled on and on and on like MOM is doing now I would not be able to restrain myself. I would pull out a cap pistol and hold it to my temple, roll my eyes, pull the trigger and slump in my chair.

OR…somewhere about an hour ago into his filibuster I would have interrupted him and said, "You can talk till the cows come home, Bud, but you're not getting a dismissal!"

I guess I got short-changed in the PATIENCE department. :blushing:

Regardless of which side you believe, my heart is heavy for both these mothers. Before someone reminds me that TM's mom lost her son forever, I know that but GZ's mother is going through her own ordeal as well. This whole situation is upsetting. IMO

Ms. Zimmerman's testimony regarding recognizing the voice on the 911 tape should be given as much or as little weight as SF's testimony, IMO.

I wonder how many people know GZ's mom is Hispanic? I bet a lot are surprised, IMO.

If they have been following the case at all they should know. It's been said numerous times in the media that GZ is a Hispanic male. I believe GZ has made note of this also, iirc.

The way he says "courthouse" sounds like something different. :(

IMHO

Do you think GZ knew or heard what the term "stand your ground" means before the shooting? IMO

I honestly thought "stand your ground" meant while in your own home, or at least on your own property. I had no idea it could be used anywhere, anytime. To me, in this case it was self defense. I think if it's applied anywhere but on your own property, it's being misused. My opinion, only.

:blushing:
In my opinion, I don't think the climate is as bad as we think it is. The media, for some ridiculous reason, is trying to, imo, MAKE the climate bad, and pit races against each other. THEY'RE saying that the climate is bad. But who can believe them, after this point? Imo, they've lost their credibility.

I think that most people are seeing the evidence, in my opinion, and learning the truth of the matter, which I think is that George Zimmerman was defending his life against someone who was intent on beating him to a pulp!

I live here (across town though) and the climate is bad. Truthfully, I'm fearful for MANY should GZ be acquitted.

Why surprised? I thought it was common knowledge that GZ is Hispanic?

I thinking more like the general public, those not following the case like we are. The name Zimmerman isn't exactly Hispanic :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhoule