George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #11 Tues. July 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, but the evidence (IMO) doesn't not prove that GZ was following anyone for 5 minutes. Normally in a case like this where you are trying to pinpoint where the defendant was, you bring up detectives/experts to illustrate where exactly GZ was and at what time. The state didn't do any of that.

I'm going by the times of the first call by GZ to police and GZ's testimony of where he was when he first saw TM, and the time police arrived according to police records at the place TM's body was recovered. Approx. 5 minutes.

IMO

Do any of you remember a case several years back where a guy and his gf were on the street and another guy tried to talk to the gf or something like that and her boyfriend jumped the other guy and started beating the crap out of him and then the guy stabbed and killed him? I remember it was alot like this case in that it was really divided on whether it was self defense or not. Anyway they did an aminated reinactment during the trial.

I do remember this GG! I just recently saw one of those Dateline or 20/20 shows about it.

Fascinating case. I think the guy got convicted in first trial, then the victims girlfriend admitted she lied about something (can't remember what) during the first trial. He then was acquitted, with the help of an animation showing how he could be on the bottom and not have blood on the back of his shirt.

I think that was how it went, in general, anyway. That animation really helped a layperson see how events could have occurred.

This case is one that I truly am torn by. I see fault on both sides. GZ should not have been following TM. As a young black male, this would make TM very nervous. He would likely be feeling a bit of fear in that scenario. TM should not have asked GZ why he was following him, that made GZ nervous. IMO, TM probably did throw the first punch, but likely out of fear for his own safety. He probably felt he was being stalked for reasons that his imagination worked up. GZ should have responded that he was neighborhood watch to help calm the fear, but I think he too was afraid once TM spoke to him. GZ caused the entire situation to begin with by his own actions. He was overly suspicous of young black makes and went beyond his duty by following him. It is truly a tragic situation.

This is all just imo.

Funny thing is that according to RJ testimony... He did not seem nervous.. It came off more cat and mouse to me on his end.. " Im going to lose himm" I lost him... Im am home.. And then the phone cuts off and he runs into GZ back where GZ was waiting for police.. That is not nervousness that is deliberate action.. He went again looking for GZ.

OMO

No problem, just walk around shooting and killing a teenage guest of a resident. No cause there. IMO

One who came back and confronted him as per state witness testimony.. One who was beating on him as per state witness testimony.

OMO

But at that point, TM said he lost him. HE told RJ he lost him while he was standing at the house he was staying at. There is no getting around that he went back looking for GZ. HE WAS HOME. HE SAID HE WAS ALONE AND GZ WAS NOT THERE. HE ONLY HAD TO WALK IN AND NO ONE WOULD HAVE KNOWN WHO HE WAS OR WHERE HE WAS FROM..

He is the one who left the safety of his house and went looking for GZ as per RJ testimony..

OMO

I would have done the same thing. There was not many options left. IMO

Imagine a scenario where a woman, who is dressed a little revealing, walks in a dark alley. A young kid is in the alley and winds up dead. The woman says she shot him because he tried to assault/rape her. Is the woman 'guilty' because she created the situation of wearing what she was and walking in a dark alley?

IMO JMO

IMO, your scenario is only equivalent had the 40 pounds bigger woman (and martial arts trainer) *FOLLOWED* the 12 years younger kid into the dark alley, muttering "!@#$% kid..!", and then later exited the alley, with the kid lie dying of a gunshot wound to the heart, her hair in disarray, suffering a few bruises, claiming self-defense to the police.

IMO, those details are important and telling.

Thank you for delineating the self-defense premise:

1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself

IMO, if there's no evidence of potentially "great bodily harm" to GZ, GZ's self-defense/his own personal account will fail to convince the jurors. He definitely suffered from minor, superficial wounds as testified by medical examiner and TM had zero, absolutely no DNA of GZ on his hands or body. The kind of flesh and blood DNA as a result of 25 times of pummeling will not be all washed away by rain, IMO. Therefore, in the absence of evidence and with only the inconsistent testimony of GZ, it is not at all convincing that deadly force was justified as per the self-defense law. IMHO.

I have to admit I'm zoning out on most of what is being said because I'll be surprised if in the end, the animation is allowed. Sigh..... JMO

OY!!!!!!!!!!! This is taking way too long...almost 1.5 hours, now. IMO.

So they took the one guys testimony that most favors the defense to create the animation. Which of course the defense would do.

What would really be interesting is to see an animation of each of the witnesses testimony.

One who came back and confronted him as per state witness testimony.. One who was beating on him as per state witness testimony.

OMO

This is a thin line you have backed on to. It sounds like you will fit the evidence to your best advantage to me but that is your choice, not mine. IMO

I'm going by the times of the first call by GZ to police and GZ's testimony of where he was when he first saw TM, and the time police arrived according to police records at the place TM's body was recovered. Approx. 5 minutes.

IMO

AND in that time TM himself according to state witness RJ says he is home and the guy is gone.. So GZ was not in fact following him any more.

When The phone cuts off and RJ calls him back, TM is now up where GZ was.. AS per testimony. So some of that time TM was out looking for GZ as per time and testimony... OMO

I do remember this GG! I just recently saw one of those Dateline or 20/20 shows about it.

Fascinating case. I think the guy got convicted in first trial, then the victims girlfriend admitted she lied about something (can't remember what) during the first trial. He then was acquitted, with the help of an animation showing how he could be on the bottom and not have blood on the back of his shirt.

I think that was how it went, in general, anyway. That animation really helped a layperson see how events could have occurred.

Yes! I think I saw it on Forensic Files and I believe it was raining during that fight also and it was just sad how the girlfriend lied about what really happened so that guy sat in prison for years... Amazing how much emotion will cloud somone's testimony. I wish I could remember the name of the defendent. Tried to google it but no luck!

Was TM's blood tested for DXM (dextromethorphan), the 3rd ingredient in "lean" (the first 2 being arizona watermelon beverage and skittles)?

I doubt they tested for DXM but they should have. I read TM twitter. WOW. Wonder if the Lean comments were subsequently scrubbed. JMO

I would have done the same thing. There was not many options left. IMO

His option was to walk in the house. He would have been home and safe. IT was his choice to go back and look for GZ. I don't see anyway around that when the states witnesses show he was home and then back where he had seen GZ before.. He went looking for him and found him and confronted him like RJ said..

OMO

IMO the judge is heavily favoring the prosecution in every way. IMO this is scary and even if the state KNOWS a guilty verdict will come up for appeal and could be overturned if Zimmerman ends up behind bars he could end up dead before any such appeal.

Dark thought indeed but based on what I have seen in this trial I hesitate to think ANYTHING is too dark a thought if the state gets what they want. Putting Zimmerman in the general population would likely make appeals a non-issue very quickly.

In my opinion.

JMO, but this guy's testimony will only prove that the crime scene investigation was shoddy to say the least.

No problem, just walk around shooting and killing a teenage guest of a resident. No cause there. IMO

IMO, GZ wasn't walking around shooting and killing Trayvon. It is IMO, which I believe has been shown so far by the evidence presented in court, that Trayvon made it back to Brandi Green's house based on RJ testimony, and then for whatever reason, decided to go back to confront george and IMO TM was the aggressor and was shot because he refused to back down after GZ was repeatedly screaming for help and after John Green came out and told them to "knock it off." again all IMO.

Wasn't it pretty much determined yesterday that GZ's "intense" mma training was equivalent to taking a few jazzercise classes? IMO

Just want to say that Ben Crump's entire quote is opinion and not fact. HE can state it as fact but it is not fact and only his version of the events of that night.

Wondering how you know what he was prescribed that night? Where is the link to that information please?? Thanks!!

OMO

His medical records were released to news outlets

The records show Zimmerman takes a variety of medications, including pills that both elevate your mood and calm it. He suffers from sacroiliitis, inflammation of the joints in the lower spine.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/03/2880246_doctor-george-zimmerman-had-black.html#storylink=cpy

Watching Mr. Mantei @ the bench, IMO, he looks sleepy. I wonder if he pulled an all-nighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member