Verdict is in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharpton just announced the civil suit the family is bringing against Zimmerman and he is asking the feds to charge him with something. :frown:

Katy, I am biting my tongue as I don't want to go to band camp.

And I have read that he used the money to pay off his debt from credit card bills.
I stand by my earlier post that I find it sad that people sent money to this man considering the circumstances.
IMO

If he didn't have over a millon dollars owed to attorneys for charges that should never have been brougt against him, I'm sure he could use his own money to pay off his credit cards.

People who find the concept of self defense acceptable don't find it sad at all. IMO

Because he was defending himself. Big difference. :moo:

Defending himself from a kid walking down the street that he had no business confronting in the first place. I would have fought back too....Justice was not served moo

Can we all agree to state it this way:
George Zimmerman was found not guilty.
The jury never said he was innocent.

My heart goes out to the Martin family this evening.

jmO

No, sorry. I won't agree. George was presumed innocent, therefore he IS innocent. I feel for HIS family. jmo

Quote:
The worry is not that this acquittal will create riots. It is that it will create more George Zimmermans.

I am so glad I'll retire in Europe if I don't stay in NYC. Too many angry people who hate their neighbors carrying guns around. What has happened to this nation?
Very sad way to live. Crazy, IMHO.

I just want to send some hugs out to those feeling let down tonight.

I know it hurts.

Just know that many of us who believe that justice was served because the state did not prove their case, are not home celebrating. I have always been sad about Trayvon's death. I was outraged in the beginning calling for GZ to be arrested. I was on the side or locking him up forever...

But once I stopped following the case in the media and watched the trial, I realized we can not convict people on our emotions. WE just can not.

This jury had a tough job. I bet they are just so concerned over their verdict but they voted as they were told.

I hope that people can see, There is no sides here.
WE all mourn Trayvon. but we did not want to see a man who was innocent under the law convicted just to try and soothe that open wound.

Thank you for this. I could not have expressed it better.

I just want to send some hugs out to those feeling let down tonight.

I know it hurts.

Just know that many of us who believe that justice was served because the state did not prove their case, are not home celebrating. I have always been sad about Trayvon's death. I was outraged in the beginning calling for GZ to be arrested. I was on the side or locking him up forever...

But once I stopped following the case in the media and watched the trial, I realized we can not convict people on our emotions. WE just can not.

This jury had a tough job. I bet they are just so concerned over their verdict but they voted as they were told.

I hope that people can see, There is no sides here.
WE all mourn Trayvon. but we did not want to see a man who was innocent under the law convicted just to try and soothe that open wound.

Thank you Scarlett.... I respect the jury's verdict too, even though I didn't agree.

No, I don't agree with that.

Um, that is an accurate statement. No one found GZ innocent of anything. A juror could very easily vote not guilty in a case despite thinking that the person did it if they don't believe the state carried their burden. There is no finding of innocence. If you believe there is, I'd like to see the legal paperwork indicating as much.

Wow, now that is scary. I respect the jury's decision and can understand reasonable people would come to the same conclusion. But to go so far as to say that you want more vigilante justice is a scary thought.

Had a scary person ask me a question this week. This person has someone he doesn't get along with. He said he knows that person is going to Florida this week. He asked me, if I go to Florida, pick a fight with him, but let him kick my *advertiser censored**, I can kill him right? And not go to jail? Obviously I told him I would never advise that he try to find out and that I don't know Florida law, but, it would appear to me that if I were to actually give an opinion, I would have to say that it would be perfectly lawful for him to do so.

I'm not going to argue with you about it. Imo, George wasn't a vigilante.

Signing off. Finally, for a good night's sleep satisfied with justice for George and hope for my country.

jmo

Not Guilty

OH THANK YOU GOD

Not guilty. Not guilty. Notguilty.

I am soooo relieved, so thankful, that these ladies have done the right thing.

Oh thank you God.

Best-
Herding Cats

Thank You My Good Lord...We too, are so relieved. The jurors knew that they should never have been there in the first place. JMO

O/T I know this is selfish of me at this very delicate time but my cat Sammy Hagar who is 20 in cat yrs. Is very sick and the vet gave me some antibiotics but said because of her age she may have to be put down. So please pray for her. Thank you. I love you guys and pray for some peace for both sides, in this case.

:hug:

Can we all agree to state it this way:
George Zimmerman was found not guilty.
The jury never said he was innocent.

My heart goes out to the Martin family this evening.

jmO

That is how I feel.... I think it is very possible the jury just felt the state did not prove its case...not that GZ was innocent.

But we'll never know because they aren't talking.

I know people say people found not guilty are not innocent.

But..... They are sitting there innocent until proven guilty. So technically.. They are still innocent when leaving if found not guilty.

Or have I been up entirely too long... :)

In other Florida News... SICKENING!!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57433184/fla-mom-gets-20-years-for-firing-warning-shots/

(CBS News) JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A Florida woman who fired warning shots against her allegedly abusive husband has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Marissa Alexander of Jacksonville had said the state's "Stand Your Ground" law should apply to her because she was defending herself against her allegedly abusive husband when she fired warning shots inside her home in August 2010. She told police it was to escape a brutal beating by her husband, against whom she had already taken out a protective order.

If there's nothing more to this story than this woman firing warning shots to escape from her abusive husband, this is a travesty. What is the state using to justify these charges? My God, she had a protective order against him!

The State comes out smelling like a rose...they took Zimmerman to court.
But, it was only to appease the Martin's and the community they could care less about. They didn't win, it doesn't even shock me she acts like she "won".
They were never trying to....IMO.

BBM

Not really. The Sanford LE and government showed some incompetence in interviewing witnesses, collecting evidence and securing evidence, and cowering to the political wind of the moment. Angela Corey and Rick Scott look bad. A $1 million+ trial, that should have never been charged due to lack of evidence. A sizable portion of the country outraged at Florida, because the US media, especially cable news organizations could be handled to get any of the facts of the case right from the first day.

The only good that could come out of this is better protocols to treat all homicides as worthy of a vigorous investigation, even if they may appear as justifiable at first glance. IMO

I know people say people found not guilty are not innocent.

But..... They are sitting there innocent until proven guilty. So technically.. They are still innocent when leaving if found not guilty.

Or have I been up entirely too long... :)

<MOD SNIP> Not guilty has NEVER meant innocent. Never.

Um, that is an accurate statement. No one found GZ innocent of anything. A juror could very easily vote not guilty in a case despite thinking that the person did it if they don't believe the state carried their burden. There is no finding of innocence. If you believe there is, I'd like to see the legal paperwork indicating as much.

I would love to hear from the jury. I know they need time to digest what just happened. It would really help a lot of us to get some insight into why they made their decision.

No, sorry. I won't agree. George was presumed innocent, therefore he IS innocent. I feel for HIS family. jmo

There is a difference between being presumed innocent and being factually innocent. Either way, he continues to carry that presumption of innocence at this point. No one but GZ and TM know if he was factually innocent. Heck, even Geraldo said he wasn't found "innocent" but was found "not guilty" as I'm typing this. And I can't stand Geraldo. :floorlaugh:

That is how I feel.... I think it is very possible the jury just felt the state did not prove its case...not that GZ was innocent.

But we'll never know because they aren't talking.

Possible, but not fact...I don't mean to be spiteful, but I cannot agree then, on what the OP asked us to agree on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko