CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Harrod, you'll be found.

Personally, one of my biggest aggravations in MP cases is dealing with folks who persist in saying the missing person won't/can't/will-never-be found.
To which my comparison is September 11th, 2001.

Ground Zero was... inexplicable. Completely unidentifiable. If you weren't there, you can imagine. If you were, you'll never forget.
Yet 2,977+ victims were positively identified- many of whom were quite literally... gone. :911:

Those victims were identified and brought back to their loved ones through sheer persistence- using tools of all sorts; some never used before, some created just for that sole situation and singular purpose. Finding them. Identifying them. Bringing them home. Necessity being the mother of invention and all that.

I say if we can do that- than we can bring Mr. Harrod- and every missing person- home.

Life is much more difficult to extinguish than many who attempt to do so, believe it to be.
JMVHO, of course.

Personally, one of my biggest aggravations in MP cases is dealing with folks who persist in saying the missing person won't/can't/will-never-be found.

Ground Zero was... inexplicable. Completely unidentifiable. If you weren't there, you can imagine. If you were, you'll never forget.
Yet 2,977+ victims were positively identified- many of whom were quite literally... gone. :911:

Those victims were identified and brought back to their loved ones through sheer persistence- using tools of all sorts; some never used before, some created just for that sole situation and singular purpose. Finding them. Identifying them. Bringing them home. Necessity being the mother of invention and all that.

I say if we can do that- than we can bring Mr. Harrod- and every missing person- home.

Life is much more difficult to extinguish than many who attempt to do so, believe it to be.
JMVHO, of course.

:blowkiss:

Zwie, my very best wishes are going to Mr Z and his caregiver.

Well Oriah, I live in Germany where millions of people were once sent away and reduced to ashes. There was really nothing left - even the gold from their teeth was taken, as a horrible comment about Bob by daughter JuM reminded me...

And yet, thanks to the work of people who worked for decades and never did and never will give up, those victims have memorials. Their diaries and letters have been found and put online, so their own words ring out, all these decades later. Survivors have come forward to tell of how and why and when others died, and that has been documented. People have taken shovels and dug to find the remains of mass graves, and ensure those victims are remembered for who they were.

I personally found an old, Soviet Russia, out of print book in my attic with photos of documents, that I couldn't read because of the language barrier. Much later, I found a website dealing with a massacre, and realized the book I had was covering the same subject. I emailed the admin, sent him the book ( he thought I was deeply suspicious, I just wanted his postal address, and wouldn't accept payment. I just wanted to know if it was any use).

He could and did read the book - and found a photo of a document he had been seeking for many years, with the reference just discernible. Through that, he found solid evidence of a AKA of a war criminal who was responsible for the death of many men, women and children.

Disappeared people never really disappear. They are all just waiting out there, to be found. And the people who disappeared them. Even death isn't an escape for those who commit the crime - it's just that it will probably be their children, or their children's children, who are left to shoulder the burden. It just doesn't go away until people have been laid to rest properly and some kind of justice has been done, or acknowledgement of wrongdoing has been made.

In the grand scheme of tragedies that have swept our world, Bob has scarcely been missing for the blink of an eye. There is still every chance he will be found.

Zwie, my very best wishes are going to Mr Z and his caregiver.

Hey, didn't see you'd popped up there! Mr Z has an X-ray with the exact number of screws - 8 - so he's happy! His leg is orange but he won't let me write Bob Harrod is still missing on it for a logo - how mean is that?

And a nurse with the stare of doom has told him he HAS to have his jabs EVERY day, so now I'm not getting any arguments.

JMVHO, of course.

Oriah, respectfully, I believe that people give themselves the narrative they need in order to live their lives.

Your narrative is one of persistence, patience and active searching. Other people are, well, different. I'm not saying this to be disrespectful but to try to give you something to reduce the frustration you feel when you have to deal with such people.

Life is tough and we're all doing what we can to get through it.

Hey, didn't see you'd popped up there! Mr Z has an X-ray with the exact number of screws - 8 - so he's happy! His leg is orange but he won't let me write Bob Harrod is still missing on it for a logo - how mean is that?

Orange-How festive!! It is mean of him not to share his advertising real estate, but we have to cut him some slack because he has had a rough time.

8 screws-any plates?

Bob will surface-the folks who participated in this crime didnt disappear Jimmy Hoffa. We have a limited timeline to work with...at least I think we do. Depends on what you believe about that early morning phone call on 7/27/09.

Orange-How festive!! It is mean of him not to share his advertising real estate, but we have to cut him some slack because he has had a rough time.

8 screws-any plates?

Bob will surface-the folks who participated in this crime didnt disappear Jimmy Hoffa. We have a limited timeline to work with...at least I think we do. Depends on what you believe about that early morning phone call on 7/27/09.

Off topic but I can't resist the mention of Hoffa. My theory is that he'll never be found because he went into the ultimate in crematoriums: a steel furnace.

That is probably what happened to Helen Brach, as well.

hey any body know right off hand who the most interested/curious reporter has ever been regarding Mr H?

Good morning Mr Harrod.

This day in 2009, a Sunday, was to be your last full day of life as you knew it - maybe the last full day of your life itself. I hope it was mostly a happy one, but there are suggestions not everything went well.

A meeting with your three daughters over your estate took place today. One daughter, RB, insisted it wasn't heated. Another daughter, PB, said her sister RB was 'quick to temper' at the meeting. Your grandson told police there had been fighting in the family, and Mrs Harrod says you were very upset when you told her about the meeting over the phone.

Police say your son-in-law JeM had been carrying out repairs on your house for 'a couple of days' before you disappeared, so perhaps you had his company today, before the meeting.

Maybe you talked about the fires that had raged across SoCal since the beginning of the month, and how the fire season would soon be drawing to a close. In fact, the worst was yet to come as huge fires were to break out again in August, out of season. Two firefighters were to lose their lives and your son-in-law's home county was to suffer too, with the Sheep Fire later in the year.
http://searchengineland.com/california-wildfires-august-2009-edition-24126

By today, you had very little time left, Mr Harrod. But it was enough for you to do something that we're all still talking about, although you had no idea of its importance at the time. At some point - maybe on this day, maybe on Monday morning - you agreed or arranged for your housekeeper to come on Monday, outside of her normal day. You didn't tell anyone about the change.

By doing that one small thing you enabled a voice to speak on your behalf about events on the day you disappeared - and she didn't let you down.

hey any body know right off hand who the most interested/curious reporter has ever been regarding Mr H?

I think this one was beautifully written, and informative. Author is Paloma Esquivel;
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03

Adam Townsend of the OC Register wrote this excellent summary of the entire case, and obviously chased down the family for comments, although he had no luck with JeM and JuM of course;
http://www.ocregister.com/news/-214111--.html

8 screws-any plates?

One pretty long plate - it looks just like the things I use to hold big peices of wood together! It all has to come out again in 6 weeks, poor thing.

Good morning Mr Harrod.

This day in 2009, a Sunday, was to be your last full day of life as you knew it - maybe the last full day of your life itself. I hope it was mostly a happy one, but there are suggestions not everything went well.

A meeting with your three daughters over your estate took place today. One daughter, RB, insisted it wasn't heated. Another daughter, PB, said her sister RB was 'quick to temper' at the meeting. Your grandson told police there had been fighting in the family, and Mrs Harrod says you were very upset when you told her about the meeting over the phone.

Police say your son-in-law JeM had been carrying out repairs on your house for 'a couple of days' before you disappeared, so perhaps you had his company today, before the meeting.

Maybe you talked about the fires that had raged across SoCal since the beginning of the month, and how the fire season would soon be drawing to a close. In fact, the worst was yet to come as huge fires were to break out again in August, out of season. Two firefighters were to lose their lives and your son-in-law's home county was to suffer too, with the Sheep Fire later in the year.
http://searchengineland.com/california-wildfires-august-2009-edition-24126

By today, you had very little time left, Mr Harrod. But it was enough for you to do something that we're all still talking about, although you had no idea of its importance at the time. At some point - maybe on this day, maybe on Monday morning - you agreed or arranged for your housekeeper to come on Monday, outside of her normal day. You didn't tell anyone about the change.

By doing that one small thing you enabled a voice to speak on your behalf about events on the day you disappeared - and she didn't let you down.

This brought tears to my eyes. Beautifully said! Thank God for her!!

Thank you Zwie...Adam Townsend is currently with San Clemente Patch
but Ms. Esquivel is still with LA Times ;)

squeaky wheels, rolling stones & all manner of assorted proverbs, eh

That's funny, I just told Mr Z to stop messing around because we have work to do and 'this won't buy the baby a new bonnet'. He gave me a look because we don't have bonnets in the house - or babies for that matter. But everyone uses that saying.......don't they?

initiated contact with Meet Up for an idea I have, fingers crossed

ETA- permission granted!! yee haw, Mr. Harrod, more people are going to know and Be On the LookOut for you!!

time to get busy! (busier lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member