CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the meetup.com site? I've just looked it up and it's offering me meetups within 25 miles of somewhere I've never heard of.

Seriously though, that sounds a great idea. If you think there is anything I can do to help, please shout.

I did a little nature trailing myself today and got some nice photos. I even did a little Geocaching - although as I was the one who hid the cache, it wasn't that hard to locate it and take a photo. I finally found my app that lets me add text to pics too.

I'm one of those people who can't keep still. I'd like to be in California because I think I could do more for Bob there, on the day of his fourth year of being missing. But I can't be. Bob's family who are there in SoCal and could be organizing vigils and publicity, don't look as though they are doing so.

Never mind. Today I told a man here in Germany about Bob's case and his anniversary tomorrow, and how we're reaching out to fishermen, amongst others. Which is how I found myself on a boiling hot afternoon, taking photographs of a mummified fish head that was proudly offered to try and help the search in California. That's me, the fussy vegetarian. I couldn't tell him off because he was trying to help Bob.

I'll post the pic in a minute. Close your eyes if you're a veggie or easily traumatized.

yep meet up-the possibilities are amazing.... now if I can get my messages to the contacts without getting a darn 'flagged as spam' mess, don't know what I am doing wrong, as I was told I could do that- I will figure it out later...
speaking of fish- time for dinner:)

Oh my gosh, here it is. If it helps attract fishermen to take an interest in Bob's case, it's got to be good. Over 40 inches long apparently. I didn't ask the weight.

ETA: I'm never paddling in our local river again. I had no idea there were things that big with teeth in it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 20
shriek! oh egads, what the heck is that?Like some GMO gator fish

The fourth missing anniversary - may it be the last.

picture.php

Kudos to Tricia and to WS for the banner!! We appreciate any and all efforts to get the word out regarding this very sad case.

Bringing Bob home to the people who love him is paramount. The clock is ticking towards him being declared dead and for his money to be distributed.... Per Detective Radomski, this crime is rooted over the fight for his money.

Mrs Harrod, I hope you are surrounded by those who love you-take good care of yourself, especially today.

It's unbelievable, isn't it? How has Fontelle weathered this storm? FOUR years of torment. It just chokes me to think about what she wakes up to every single day. The monster/s that did this can and will rot in _____

All of my thoughts and prayers are with Fontelle today. Let today be THE DAY Robert is found!
:rose: Robert and Fontelle :rose:

It is simply amazing the places where news of the $50,000 reward for Bob's location is popping up. It is wonderful that so many people will get to hear about his case on his fourth anniversay of being disappeared.

I am still searching for any news of events or announcements from Bob's children. Please let me know if you see any, anyone.

It is simply amazing the places where news of the $50,000 reward for Bob's location is popping up. It is wonderful that so many people will get to hear about his case on his fourth anniversay of being disappeared.

I am still searching for any news of events or announcements from Bob's children. Please let me know if you see any, anyone.

BBM. Hoping.

I lurk on this thread quite often.

I'm thinking of Bob and Fontelle. May Bob be found soon!

I knowl LA Times has been reminded of his still missing status...and they are gonna get reminded again...along with other MSM...in the middle of all the other stuff getting sent out/posted etc. I shall get to it too....Someone in MSM needs to step up to the plate and do another report about this STILL missing gentleman and get people inquisitive & interested in helping to locate him-
Mr H needs screaming voices , not faint whispers.

Hey did y'all say his children had a FB for him? What is it , I can't seem to find it? They got any flyer on it or what? Oh...do they have a website for him?
You know how important and oh , so useful, it is use social media to spread the word! Even if one isn't in the area to actually search or pass out flyers, a lot can be done with a little, bitty mouse!
I sure don't know enough about the case, really doesn't matter to me, as Mr H needs found, period. But isn't it odd to not have a vigil or sumpin marking today??

Hey did y'all say his children had a FB for him? What is it , I can't seem to find it? They got any flyer on it or what? Oh...do they have a website for him?
You know how important and oh , so useful, it is use social media to spread the word! Even if one isn't in the area to actually search or pass out flyers, a lot can be done with a little, bitty mouse!
I sure don't know enough about the case, really doesn't matter to me, as Mr H needs found, period. But isn't it odd to not have a vigil or sumpin marking today??

They have a rant on it about sleuthers, iirc.

Just for background, sre: dreamweaver was kind enough to establish a FB page and a MySpace page in the early days of the disappearance. The passwords etc were turned over to family. Instead of building a following and increasing awareness, the marital status was tinkered with, disparaging remarks and photos were displayed and at some point a rant was put up on the page.

It is an embarrassment, frankly, to all families of the missing who are actually hunting for their loved ones.

I have never been to the page, but I have seen screenshots.

If you are not on Facebook like me, you can't see anything but a pic. I can't find it either now, anyway. I'm losing track of stuff right left and center at the moment. Typical. Just the day I didn't want that to happen.

I hope that rant about sleuthers isn't the 'event' to mark four years of Bob being missing. That won't encourage people to help find him.

hmm....well Mr H got reported missing, wth did they think was gonna happen? Shrug, oh well? And wasn't there some welfare check by LE that night? Like, duh?

This is really starting to hiss me off. It's not like a freaking shoe got lost.

If you are not on Facebook like me, you can't see anything but a pic. I can't find it either now, anyway. I'm losing track of stuff right left and center at the moment. Typical. Just the day I didn't want that to happen.

I hope that rant about sleuthers isn't the 'event' to mark four years of Bob being missing. That won't encourage people to help find him.

That FB rant should cause people to wonder why Bob's daughters don't want people searching for their missing father.

I didn't realize until last night, that the anniversary of Bob's disappearance falls on the date that the truce was signed which ended the Korean War. How ironic.

I can't help but think, this Korean vet made it out of the war, but didn't make it out of a heated family meeting and fight for his money.

We are going to keep looking for you Bob until we can bring you home. WS'rs are in it for the long haul.

True 'nuff, Cubby. I appreciate all of the new interest and readership-dont feel like you cant do anything to help-we have links to FB pages in our siggy's. If you are on social media, please please please like and share!!!!!

a>

Mr H and I are covering some good ground today....
Hey California, Where's Robert??

you know what the ginger bread man said don'tcha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb