CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would ruin the "Fontelle is only after Bob's money" fable. The truth does that to fables ;)

Good post, MaryNo. As it was a daughter who said Bob tried to contact Fontelle first, it certainly does put to bed the 'theory' that Fontelle 'made' Bob remember her, or pretended to be the person who (coincidentally) had the same name and became engaged to him in 1950.

That daughter (PB) could have revealed that info long ago, and stopped people making themselves look faintly ridiculous with far-out theories. Especially as they were supportive of her.

We get to choose our friends though, so I guess there has been some choosing going on since Disappeared, 'Long Lost Love'. I wonder if there are any other supporters of Bob's daughters' 'take' on his disappearance - and what to do about it - who have become disillusioned?

Oh, look at this everyone! I've been thinking about billboards a lot because I think they are a great way of highlighting missing people locally. It seems to work extremely well over here; better even than national newspapers. It looks like Placentia officials are discussing this very subject now, and had a community workshop on the subject on July 11. Digital billboards with eight displays in prominent locations. If we could get Bob on one of them it would be absolutely fantastic.

I'm going to take the link down to the SAR thread too for our map people, because I can only make out maps of three locations but it says there are five.

http://www.placentia.org/index.aspx?nid=617

I read through the agenda of the meeting (what an exciting life I lead).

It seems billboards are not permitted in Placentia normally, so this would be a golden opportunity for Bob. The contract has been awarded to Lamar Advertising of Los Angeles, a Delaware Corporation. It will generate revenue for Placentia and the only exclusions are 'adult' type ads and tobacco ads.

The City retains the right to object to anything 'detrimental to the image of the City', but I'm sure that couldn't apply to the details of a missing resident though, as it's got to be pretty detrimental to have a resident not found yet. All Amber Alerts will be featured free, which is good news.

http://www.placentia.org/DocumentCenter/View/3603

Lamar Advertising has a FB page. On it, there is a quote taken from Chuck Norris, which I like;

'A lot of people give up just before they are about to make it. You never know when that next obstacle is going to be the last one'

https://www.facebook.com/LamarLosAngeles

I have been a little busy today. But...is it possible someone out there is messing about with the search for Bob, on the VERY day he went missing four years ago?

I really hope not. I hate people picking on me, but I hate even more, people who can't speak for themselves being picked on.

Plus, someone I'm personally quite fond of has worked hard to help make this a big day in the search for Bob. While not being 100 per cent. Or even 50 per cent, really.

This is Bob's day. Leave him alone, whoever you are.

You know something funny, zwie? I was extremely busy these past few days also, and therefore not online much. But when I got in late last night I had...hmmm...I think 42(?) messages from folks on my "Mr. Harrod" contact list. Now, I suppose given the anniversary this might not seem so unusual; however, I then had a phone call from a techie friend of mine telling me I had sent a viral email from a specific personal email account concerning Mr. Harrod's flyer.
It just happened to be a coincidence that it was sent on Mr. Harrod's anniversary. To folks on a specific contact list, concerning Mr. Harrod's disappearance. And...none of ya'll are on that list, which I found even more interesting. Coincidence? Huh. I didn't know.

So I explained the situation to my techie friend, and he said, "Hmm. How odd. Lets see if we can figure out where the virus initiated geographically."
I thought that seemed an excellent idea, so off he went to do computer thingies and figure it out.

It will be interesting to find out where that virus came from.

Let's add to the adventures shared by Z, and Oriah, another person who reported her/his attempts to advertise the links to the flyer, Facebook, and Robert's tribute site, were temporarily blocked as well.

If we add my own adventures when Robert first went missing, we're up to 4 known aggressive maneuvers to stop our efforts to bring Robert home where he belongs. If I jog my memory a bit more, I'm sure I can think of more.

What it tells me, and told me then, because of the things I was posting at the time, we are close to the person/s who did this to dear Bob. I remember EXACTLY what it was that got me banned, and suspended numerous times. I'm going to look through this thread, and what we've been posting here, and down in SAR, and see how this connects.

I think we should put it all together, and write a note to Radomski once we've made a connection. Let Radomski have a chat with the "connection".

I'm glad you have a techie to trace that email backwards, Oriah. There's a couple or more connections in this case that are computer proficient.

Just to let them squirm a bit, I've sent information out to 5000 folks through my own means. I'm glad I'm using non-traditional means to get these links, flyers out. I will be sending out information in increments of 5000 as I get new networks. It's important to remind the <Mod Snip> attempting to block Bob's recovery that not all of us will be stopped by computer viruses, and SPAM reports. There are flyers being sent out as I type this.

yep -it's a 'Team Robert' effort
not stopping, if anything ... taking it up a notch on this end, however I can

The efforts to stop the search for Bob are, well, there are no words.

Didn't daughter JuM say her son was a computer genius? :waitasec: (the same person who defaulted on more than a half million in loans to Bob).

I think the detectives handling Bob's case would be more than interested in where the virus' originated. Perhaps even have their own investigators take a look.

Anyone aware of this happening with other posters? Or just Bob's?

Umm, yes. A while ago. With a case involving another 'computer genius'. Who knows who did that messing about though? We can't ask that particular computer genius, seeing as he went to jail.

It seems in Bob's case there isn't any evidence of a co-ordinated denial of service (DOS) attack from where I am. People's curiousity has been piqued though, so who knows what might turn up?

I just made a map. I sent it to Mr Z for checking ( as I always do, to make sure I have things like the right country or universe) and he said.......
'I like your little map'.

I never ever thought I would hear those words about any map I'd made, from him! I'm so pleased, I'm going to make another one.

I forgot what I came here to ask. Can anyone remember where that link was to the site that mapped all the little geocaches around Placentia?

I forgot what I came here to ask. Can anyone remember where that link was to the site that mapped all the little geocaches around Placentia?

There is one on Geocaching.com :)

Well interestingly enough, we had quite a few malicious activities that tied in to Bob's anniversary and our new efforts.

I collected and continue to collect information regarding them and I was told that there are so many cases of this kind of stuff that it is difficult to get LE's attention regarding it except when it is in relation to a major crime. Like a murder investigation, just for example. The other bit I was told was that the FBI has jurisdiction over it.

I am going to chalk it up to coincidence until told differently because there is no way on God's green Earth that anyone could be that stupid.

Right?

Mr Z who likes numbers has just told me 100 people in the last HOUR have taken an interest in Bob's case. That's good, isn't it?

Perhaps it's something someone out there is doing. Perhaps it is the probable (still find it hard to believe anyone would do it) attempts at obstruction backfiring with a bang.

Whatever it is, thank heavens for WS which isn't quite social media and is a lot more than just a website. What a huge range of people it brings together, and what they can do when they put their minds to it, to help all the missing and the victims out there. Just reading a post and thanking it is enough to help highlight someone's case here, and keep it alive. I think Bob's in good hands now, I really do.

Mr Z who likes numbers has just told me 100 people in the last HOUR have taken an interest in Bob's case. That's good, isn't it?

Perhaps it's something someone out there is doing. Perhaps it is the probable (still find it hard to believe anyone would do it) attempts at obstruction backfiring with a bang.

Whatever it is, thank heavens for WS which isn't quite social media and is a lot more than just a website. What a huge range of people it brings together, and what they can do when they put their minds to it, to help all the missing and the victims out there. Just reading a post and thanking it is enough to help highlight someone's case here, and keep it alive. I think Bob's in good hands now, I really do.

:great: Wonderful news, z.

makes one wonder for sure...sad, instead of helping that anyone would want to impede, huh.
on a happier note, I have had some success (hopefully) spreading the word this afternoon ( potential 1530 people in that area) and am in hopes that it will continue to spread out from there...slow going but, it's going...gotta get everyone asking, hey! Where's Robert??
:)

Lol, I haven't got the right accent. I'll have to ask something like, "I'm terribly sorry, where's Robert?"

I can do it in the right tone though, to make sure everyone knows I'm not sorry to be asking at all.

lol accents.

Hey I had a great idea...I think. Y'all think Mr. H needs his own you tube video??? I kinda do:)
Need some of them there viral hits.
(off to google....how to make a you tube video)

eta...lol yep - how to make a you tube video using powerpoint:) I might can handle that......

They have instructions on how to make one using an ipad too! I did try using the video function once. All I got was my feet and the sound of the mutt barking. You'd better go first, sres. Lead the way for the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52